C-Boogie Brown Single/ Rampage Beware of the Ramsack Remixes

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

weekdaywarrior

C-Boogie Brown Single/ Rampage Beware of the Ramsack Remixes

Post by weekdaywarrior »

C-Boogie Brown.zip - 16.46MB

Rampage The Last Boyscout "Beware of The Ramsack" Remix single

Rampage-Beware of the ramsack Remixes.zip - 56.40MB

step one

Post by step one »

ah man, for a minute i convinced myself this was the C-Boogie joint I've been looking for since 95! unfortunately its not but thanks anyway.

the one Im after is over the same beat Craig Mack used on 'Makin Moves With Puff'. The chorus is 'whatcha gonna do for me'. Westwood played it once or twice in the summer of 95.

is there anymore info (year/label etc) on the one you posted?
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Thun

Post by Thun »

step one wrote:ah man, for a minute i convinced myself this was the C-Boogie joint I've been looking for since 95! unfortunately its not but thanks anyway.

the one Im after is over the same beat Craig Mack used on 'Makin Moves With Puff'. The chorus is 'whatcha gonna do for me'. Westwood played it once or twice in the summer of 95.

I remember this. Funkmaster Flex played it once. Shit sounded REALLY dope.

step one

Post by step one »

Thun wrote:
step one wrote:ah man, for a minute i convinced myself this was the C-Boogie joint I've been looking for since 95! unfortunately its not but thanks anyway.

I remember this. Funkmaster Flex played it once. Shit sounded REALLY dope.
thank god for that. I was beginning to think I imagined it. Dont have my tape of it anymore and theres no mention of it anywhere on the net.
I got in touch with LG (he's shouted out on the track) after he posted on the TROY blog but he says it wasnt him but a different LG from Long Island that rolled with the Bomb Squad (this makes sense now I've seen Johnny Juice credited on the 12" posted above)

anyway, its pretty much disappeared without trace. Im wondering if Puffy had it shut down as he'd already sbought the beat for Craig Mack.

kotep

Post by kotep »

man i really wanna hear that shit......so all we know is that same beat as makin moves with puff and the chorus?

is the chorus exactly that?

step one

Post by step one »

kotep wrote:man i really wanna hear that shit......so all we know is that same beat as makin moves with puff and the chorus?

is the chorus exactly that?
the chorus is 'whatcha gonna do for me' but I seem to remember back in the day someone telling me that wasnt the name of the track. Charlie Brown doesnt have loads of solo stuff but this isnt mentioned on discogs or anywhere on the net as far as I can tell.

I can remember a few lyrics but no complete verses or anything.

thewool

Post by thewool »

Step, I have this on tape in my loft and was going to rip it for you - but then broke my collarbone 4 weeks ago so can't get in loft to carry my ripping equip down.

If no one else posts this, I'll be able to post a tape rip. You might have to wait a few months that's all.

step one

Post by step one »

thewool wrote:Step, I have this on tape in my loft and was going to rip it for you - but then broke my collarbone 4 weeks ago so can't get in loft to carry my ripping equip down.

If no one else posts this, I'll be able to post a tape rip. You might have to wait a few months that's all.
thanks, that'd be great

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

step one wrote:the one Im after is over the same beat Craig Mack used on 'Makin Moves With Puff'. The chorus is 'whatcha gonna do for me'. Westwood played it once or twice in the summer of 95.

I got this on a mixtape somewhere. Can't wait for thewool to upload this. Sorry to hear about your injury, man.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

kevin beacham

Post by kevin beacham »

can someone repost that C Boogie Brown joint???

gaccu01

Post by gaccu01 »

^^
Please!
"Come on Columbo I know you figured this shit out" (El-P)

kevin beacham

Post by kevin beacham »

I just interviewed Johnny Juice and he talked about the whole album they did at this time and he said it came out real fresh but was never released but there are some possibilities... In the meantime I need this single YO :)

aREAL

Post by aREAL »