Cage - Agent Orange Demo Question

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Pontius Pilate

Post by Pontius Pilate »

Yes I do have have it, thanks. I have posted the Benny Bee song here and there is a Benny Bee freestyle floating around somewhere I will post when I can find it.
Last edited by Pontius Pilate on Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Verge

Post by Verge »

cool, thanks.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Pontius Pilate wrote:Here is a re-up of the bloody ruffnecks tracks - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KBOLLWR3
This is the Crazy Men Ahead Demo on 89.9FM for the first time and then the demo itself.

Toxic from the Agent Orange demo was talked about earlier in this thread and I just found this on Youtube (don't know how I missed it) - http://www.youtube.com/user/DjMizAllah# ... wgklzerVoM
It's Toxic's verse from Agent Orange demo but it's actually decent quality. The guy cut the Cage verse out

Also if anyone is interested I posted my rip of the Cage - For Your Box cassette on Youtube -http://www.youtube.com/user/GardenOfPigB0g?feature=mhee
I am very interested in these tapes and will pay A LOT for them. Please email me at jamessmith735@hotmail.com if you have any or one that you'd like to part with. Excuse this part of the post if this is the wrong place to post that. I will edit if so.
:cheers: you are just a massive Cage fan...what do you think of his last album?

Pontius Pilate

Post by Pontius Pilate »

Yeah massive Cage fan sums it up lol. I'm into a lot of other hip hop too though, like aussie hip hop - the weirder stuff and just a lot of the sub genres of rap & hip hop. But at the same time I do appreciate the classics.

As for Cage's last album it was a big disappointment as I really dig his work between 91 and 94. I am hearing he will release a new album that's supposedly going to be brutal but I am doubting that very much so. Depart From Me put a crazy dent in his image and style so I don't think you can recover from that. I can still enjoy his old music though!
Last edited by Pontius Pilate on Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Pontius Pilate wrote:Yeah massive Cage fan sums it up lol. I'm into a lot of other hip hop too though, like aussie hip hop - the weirder stuff and just a lot of the sub genres of rap & hip hop that are probably very frowned upon :p But at the same time I do appreciate the classics.

As for Cage's last album it was a big disappointment as I really dig his work between 91 and 94. I am hearing he will release a new album that's supposedly going to be brutal but I am doubting that very much so. Depart From Me put a crazy dent in his image and style so I don't think you can recover from that. I can still enjoy his old music though!
all good, what about Hells Winter...how were you on that album?

I believe that Cage has the potential to be old Cage but he needs to forget about the emo and hipster audiences...also why did he bite Zac Effron's style? :lol:

Pontius Pilate

Post by Pontius Pilate »

Jaz wrote:
Pontius Pilate wrote:Yeah massive Cage fan sums it up lol. I'm into a lot of other hip hop too though, like aussie hip hop - the weirder stuff and just a lot of the sub genres of rap & hip hop that are probably very frowned upon :p But at the same time I do appreciate the classics.

all good, what about Hells Winter...how were you on that album?

I believe that Cage has the potential to be old Cage but he needs to forget about the emo and hipster audiences...also why did he bite Zac Effron's style? :lol:
Hahaha! True that homie, he needs to put that stuff in the past. Props to him if he can go back to doing his old stuff. I know he lost a lot of old fans that he wont be getting back, but he might be able to gain a bit of that ..fame.. back.

As for Hells Winter it was, arguably, the turning point in his music and style. I mean, he was hanging out with Tame 1 and smoking PCP the year before.. still wearin timbs (I got a pair and smoke newports in lieu of him for that LOL) it was alright. Some tracks really bothered me and then there were tracks talking about his relationship with his father that were truly messed up which kept me interested. But I mean the dudes almost 40 what else can you do if you repped a crazy white boy style your whole life. Still who am I to say that, there are still artists who kept true to their music since day one.
Last edited by Pontius Pilate on Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Money Daniels

Post by Money Daniels »

Pontius Pilate wrote:Also if anyone is interested I posted my rip of the Cage - For Your Box cassette on Youtube -http://www.youtube.com/user/GardenOfPigB0g?feature=mhee
Can you upload your rip to megaupload or something? I don't think I've ever come across a decent rip of this tape.

Pontius Pilate

Post by Pontius Pilate »

Yeah man, I'm going to upload it on here when I get off work.

I never heard another rip of the tape. I used some nice equipment (not sure what it is - I don't know anything about it just that the guy who lent me the tape player and hookups used it to professionally record tapes back in the day. I just used Audacity to get the tracks and cut them up. Didn't tweak them or mess around with anything because I wanted it original. That's why most of the tracks are very quiet.

I'm on mad lookout for another tape though.

Any other upload requests? I have pretty much his discography
Last edited by Pontius Pilate on Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pontius Pilate

Post by Pontius Pilate »

Okay here is the download.

I am on a mac and the mac doesn't feature any (or any good) ways to tag songs, most should be well tagged anyway but here it is:

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LINEAMTH

Here is the track list incase it shows up on your media player weird or wrong -

A1 Adlibs In My Head
A2 Radiohead
A3 Illest 4 Letter Word
A4 And So Kiddies
A5 Mersh
A6 Beyond & Back
A7 Last House On The Left
A8 Daydreams
A9 First Name Smut
A10 Cage & Godfather Don Promo
B1 A Clockwork Orange (Agent Orange)
B2 WKCR Promo
B3 Bitch Lady
B4 54
B5 1992 Freestyle
B6 Crazy Men Ahead
B7 Paper Kuts (1st Song)
B8 Just Like Clockwork
B9 For The Record
B10 Rich Bring Em Back (Narrated)
B11 Rich Bring Em Back
B12 A Clockwork Orange Skit

Bitch Lady is still a snippet, B11 and B12 are named by myself as they did not have a name on the tape or weren't added to the CDr re release. If you viewed B11 and B12 on my Youtube the names had to be changed because the copyright owners of A Clockwork Orange (Serendip LLC) will pick at anything that sounds close to the movie.

For more info on the tape and the cdr, check out my Discogs submissions - http://www.discogs.com/Cage-For-Your-Box/master/305908

Money Daniels

Post by Money Daniels »

Thanks, man.

mega montana

Post by mega montana »

thanks again for all the dope uploads

cage takes me back to when i first started buying vinyl, i still have the 'agent orange' 12" floating around somewhere

CloudyKnuckles

Post by CloudyKnuckles »

Respect for a new rip of for your box tape, as well as the shit in the other folder, a few of old joints I haven't heard plus I'd been looking for retard riot for a minute.

I have an alternate tape rip of for your box as well that seems very hard to find, I'll try and post that soon.

Wish more Cage shit would resurface.

DJMIKENICE

Post by DJMIKENICE »

i have the master cdq of fanatics let me know if this is needed

this was recorded over at Red Devils crb in long island

what peeps dont even know this isnt the original beat for the track ,
what you hear is the acapella over the new beat

i have the og beat ill have to dig it up
KING OF DA CRATES

WWW.VENOMRECORDS.COM

LOOKING FOR RARE TREATS AND GEMS
CHECK HERE
http://djmikenice.blogspot.com/

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

whats that last beat of Retard Riot Radio freestyle - i cant remember damn

Kool Max Power

Post by Kool Max Power »

DJMIKENICE wrote:i have the master cdq of fanatics let me know if this is needed

Hell yeah, that would be appreciated, especially as there's annoying hiss on my For Your Box CD version.

What about a full CDQ version of Just Like Clockwork?

PopsUK

Post by PopsUK »

I have one of those Cage tapes - I think I bought it directly from Cage years ago, right when his first 12s were dropping. I'd be willing to part with it, but the problem is that I live in the US now, and it's in a box somewhere at my Dad's house in the UK... if anyone really cares, let me know, and I will see if he can dig it out...

DJMIKENICE

Post by DJMIKENICE »

Ill post it up over the weekend along with some other treats. Unfortunately with Just Like Clockwork the best your going to find is what's available. I believe Necro once stated he no longer has a master copy of the session. I have an original casette copy of for your box I have to dig up. Its like an orange cover with Cages face and a pic of gary coleman on the inside. Track list is slightly different if I recall. The real dope rare Cage joint is the Tripping on Acid freestyle from Stretch's crib. Cage must have spit for nearly 10 minutes completely gone out of his mind. The Pontious Pilate joints are also sick. Maybe one day Cage will leak em. I used to sit on the phone for hours as he played joints
KING OF DA CRATES

WWW.VENOMRECORDS.COM

LOOKING FOR RARE TREATS AND GEMS
CHECK HERE
http://djmikenice.blogspot.com/

Money Daniels

Post by Money Daniels »

Here's a Cage mix I made using freestyles & verses taken from the 4 volumes of the Retard Riot Radio sessions... available here: http://www.retardriot.com/store/?p=171

It's Cage over classic Rawkus & Fondle 'Em era beats.

Mix comes complete with artwork (courtsey of myself and Dr. Ninja), interludes, skits, etc... Tagged and ready for your iPod.

Tracklist:
01. Intro
02. Weight (Verse)
03. World Premier (Verse)
04. Paul Revere (Verse)
05. Untitled 01
06. End To End Burners (Verse)
07. Skit 01
08. Nightwork (Verse)
09. ?? (Verse)
10. Radiohead (Interlude)
11. Shook Ones Pt. II (Verse)
12. Skit 02
13. Collude/Intrude (Freestyle)
14. Greenbacks (Verse)
15. Sittin' On Chrome (Verse)
16. Untitled 02
17. Interlude
18. ? (Verse)
19. Skit 03
20. Show Me Your Gratitude (Freestyle)
21. Pyrite (Freestyle)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D7W2LNZI

Feel free to post this up on the T.R.O.Y. blog.

Peace.

Versive

Post by Versive »

Money Daniels wrote:Here's a Cage mix I made using freestyles & verses taken from the 4 volumes of the Retard Riot Radio sessions... available here: http://www.retardriot.com/store/?p=171

Mix comes complete with artwork (courtsey of myself and Dr. Ninja), interludes, skits, etc... Tagged and ready for your iPod.

Tracklist:
01. Intro
02. Weight (Verse)
04. Paul Revere (Verse)
05. Untitled 01
07. Skit 01
08. Nightwork (Verse)
09. ?? (Verse)
12. Skit 02
14. Greenbacks (Verse)
16. Untitled 02
17. Interlude
18. ? (Verse)
19. Skit 03
21. Pyrite (Freestyle)

Peace.
SICK, thanks for posting. Is the sound quality of the rest of the 4-disc set as good as this, and is it all Cage?

Money Daniels

Post by Money Daniels »

Glad you're liking it.

The sound was recorded straight off the board... so yes, it's all as good as this. The 4 disc set also features verses and freestyles from Masai Bey.

Versive

Post by Versive »

Thought that was the case, Masai Bey definitely adds to the appeal. I will probably buy this at some juncture.

Pontius Pilate

Post by Pontius Pilate »

Money Daniels wrote:Here's a Cage mix I made using freestyles & verses taken from the 4 volumes of the Retard Riot Radio sessions... available here: http://www.retardriot.com/store/?p=171

Tracklist:
01. Intro
02. Weight (Verse)
04. Paul Revere (Verse)
05. Untitled 01
07. Skit 01
08. Nightwork (Verse)
09. ?? (Verse)
12. Skit 02
14. Greenbacks (Verse)
16. Untitled 02
17. Interlude
18. ? (Verse)
19. Skit 03
21. Pyrite (Freestyle)

Peace.
This is great, thanks for the download.
I bought the 4 disc set and received it not too long ago.
Would you say these are actual titles or just names to seperate them without being too bland (1,2,3.. ect)

Pontius Pilate

Post by Pontius Pilate »

PopsUK wrote:I have one of those Cage tapes - I think I bought it directly from Cage years ago, right when his first 12s were dropping. I'd be willing to part with it, but the problem is that I live in the US now, and it's in a box somewhere at my Dad's house in the UK... if anyone really cares, let me know, and I will see if he can dig it out...

Sorry this is a bit old, I am interested. I bought a fake on Discogs.com (for way too much) and then a real copy which I will receive soon.
I'm looking for more though
Last edited by Pontius Pilate on Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pontius Pilate

Post by Pontius Pilate »

DJMIKENICE wrote:i have the master cdq of fanatics let me know if this is needed

Man that'd be sick, are you still wanting to post this (plus other joints you may have as well?)

I am almost done my Cage discography, waiting for him to drop new shit (regardless of it's shittyness -
just trying to make a complete discography.)

I will be talking to Cage again soon, I'll see if he has that 10 minute-acid-trip-freestyle.
He tells me he no longer has the full version of Bitch Lady.
I talked to some people that had it like Castro The Savage and he doesn't either unfortunately.

Money Daniels

Post by Money Daniels »

Pontius Pilate wrote:Would you say these are actual titles or just names to seperate them without being too bland (1,2,3.. ect)
The track names are the names of the beats he's rhyming over... the question marks are beats I couldn't identify.

NJcrackbaby

Post by NJcrackbaby »

hey guys, this is a great topic. I've been a huge cage fan for years and like most my favorite material are his old joints from the 90s. Im wondering if any of you guys can reupload the mixes where cage spits over the classic rawkus/fondle em beats and the one with the rarer lost tracks he did in the early 90s? not "for your box", I already have that one. Id really appreciate it

GoldenCrates

Post by GoldenCrates »

DJMIKENICE wrote:Ill post it up over the weekend along with some other treats. Unfortunately with Just Like Clockwork the best your going to find is what's available. I believe Necro once stated he no longer has a master copy of the session. I have an original casette copy of for your box I have to dig up. Its like an orange cover with Cages face and a pic of gary coleman on the inside. Track list is slightly different if I recall. The real dope rare Cage joint is the Tripping on Acid freestyle from Stretch's crib. Cage must have spit for nearly 10 minutes completely gone out of his mind. The Pontious Pilate joints are also sick. Maybe one day Cage will leak em. I used to sit on the phone for hours as he played joints
Hook it up man

Pontius Pilate

Post by Pontius Pilate »

GoldenCrates wrote:
DJMIKENICE wrote:Ill post it up over the weekend along with some other treats. Unfortunately with Just Like Clockwork the best your going to find is what's available. I believe Necro once stated he no longer has a master copy of the session. I have an original casette copy of for your box I have to dig up. Its like an orange cover with Cages face and a pic of gary coleman on the inside. Track list is slightly different if I recall. The real dope rare Cage joint is the Tripping on Acid freestyle from Stretch's crib. Cage must have spit for nearly 10 minutes completely gone out of his mind. The Pontious Pilate joints are also sick. Maybe one day Cage will leak em. I used to sit on the phone for hours as he played joints
Hook it up man
Thread died but we should keep it going, I think there's a lot of stuff people aren't uploading, old tapes ect ect

I'm buying those For Your Box tapes if anyone is selling them, particularly interested in that orange cover tape you got MikeNice

lk25

Re:

Post by lk25 »

Could we bump this? Anyone ever dig up the full "Bitch Lady" ?

Pontius Pilate wrote:
GoldenCrates wrote:
Hook it up man
Thread died but we should keep it going, I think there's a lot of stuff people aren't uploading, old tapes ect ect

I'm buying those For Your Box tapes if anyone is selling them, particularly interested in that orange cover tape you got MikeNice

Pontius Pilate

Re: Re:

Post by Pontius Pilate »

lk25 wrote:Could we bump this? Anyone ever dig up the full "Bitch Lady" ?
I tried to get it from Cage, he said he accidentally deleted it off an old mixer in like 98/99
I think some people have it that don't care enough to post it or don't know they even have it.
Castro The Savage has it, not in his possesion but a few states away from where he lives on an old HD but I doubt anyone will be seeing that anytime soon