Was there an instrumental of funk mode ?

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Bongloid

Was there an instrumental of funk mode ?

Post by Bongloid »

Tragedy featuring Havoc & Extra P - Funk Mode

been looking high and low but i dont think theres one out there

jazztomovethatass

Post by jazztomovethatass »

will be hovering over this. filthy beat.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

I have a set that DJ Eli did where he plays the instrumental to talk over before he goes into the song, so I am pretty sure at some point there was something released.

Ak used the same instrumental for In The World Remix:

http://www.discogs.com/Akinyele-Live-At ... ase/780484

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

Fucking A. Can't we get through one topic without the Serato vs. MP3 argument?

Everyone please cut the shit. I had to delete a bunch of posts in here because the original topic was getting lost in the queer. To echo what Verge said, deleting posts is going to start being the m.o. around here for people that can't just let that shit lie.

Anyways, I'd like to have this instrumental too. If anyone can hook it up, major props would be in order. :cheers:

:iceedit: Rather, MP3 vs. vinyl argument. SMH.
Last edited by Echo Leader on Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

I don't mind that you deleted it. I try to not get into those arguments, but hey, sometimes you want to drop your 2 cents about shit. No biggie.

Here is the Ak instrumental on youtube. It has the hook tho, which can get annoying, not sure of the Tragedy version has any adlibs or anything. Not sure why it has the AZ label.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pJL2sqyDWqU&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pJL2sqyDWqU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

S.DeEzY4O8

Post by S.DeEzY4O8 »

Echo Leader wrote:Fucking A. Can't we get through one topic without the Serato vs. MP3 argument?
Hmmmm, I notice that about 98.7% of the posts on this forum DO NOT contain talk about Serato/mp3's. So to answer your question, YES, we CAN get through topics without that arguement =D

Now back on topic... I wonder if there's really the "Funk Mode" instrumental pressed up anywhere??? Would be nice if it was cuz I have no use for it as an mp3. And btw, those "Archives Inc." bootleg records are straight GARBAGE!! Almost everything they put on those records IS available on an original press vinyl, and in a few cases, on an original press cd.
Raymundo Presents...
The Wicked Takeover on MHz
90.1fm KZSU Stanford College Radio
Every 1st & 3rd Sunday 10pm - 12am PST
Listen Online: http://kzsu.stanford.edu
Station #: 650-723-9010
http://www.MHzRadio.com

I spin REAL Hiphop live in the mix using 2 turntables, a mixer, and all original vinyl... No mp3's & no computers.

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

S.DeEzY4O8 wrote:
Echo Leader wrote:Fucking A. Can't we get through one topic without the Serato vs. MP3 argument?
Hmmmm, I notice that about 98.7% of the posts on this forum DO NOT contain talk about Serato/mp3's. So to answer your question, YES, we CAN get through topics without that arguement =D
:larry:

That's funny, because every thread you show up in seems to take that or a similar turn.[/quote]

Verge

Post by Verge »

S.DeEzY4O8 wrote: Now back on topic... I wonder if there's really the "Funk Mode" instrumental pressed up anywhere??? Would be nice if it was cuz I have no use for it as an mp3. And btw, those "Archives Inc." bootleg records are straight GARBAGE!! Almost everything they put on those records IS available on an original press vinyl, and in a few cases, on an original press cd.
The Funk Mode instrumental is probably on some rare test press or something.

Those Archives records aren't bad at all, IMO. Some of them are dope, some weak.
It's cool that they usually try to put a bunch of rare, expensive stuff all on one affordable vinyl.
Of course, for the collector, this doesn't compare to the originals, but so what?
For the casual hip hop head, this makes it easier to obtain hard copies of good, rare music.

S.DeEzY4O8

Post by S.DeEzY4O8 »

Verge wrote:Those Archives records aren't bad at all, IMO. Some of them are dope, some weak.
It's cool that they usually try to put a bunch of rare, expensive stuff all on one affordable vinyl.
Of course, for the collector, this doesn't compare to the originals, but so what?
For the casual hip hop head, this makes it easier to obtain hard copies of good, rare music.
Well said... The keyword was "casual". Some folks are just casual Hiphop fans and then there's guys like myself along with some of you guys and a lot of others who are the true heads who don't accept anything less then originals and don't accept half-ass watered-down Hiphop either.

I will say this though, those "Archives Inc." bootlegs are WAAAAY better then all of those garbage Top Secert, Lethal Weapon, Crate Savers, etc. records. haha
Raymundo Presents...
The Wicked Takeover on MHz
90.1fm KZSU Stanford College Radio
Every 1st & 3rd Sunday 10pm - 12am PST
Listen Online: http://kzsu.stanford.edu
Station #: 650-723-9010
http://www.MHzRadio.com

I spin REAL Hiphop live in the mix using 2 turntables, a mixer, and all original vinyl... No mp3's & no computers.

vaporized2

Post by vaporized2 »

home taping is killing music

Verge

Post by Verge »

S.DeEzY4O8 wrote:
Verge wrote:Those Archives records aren't bad at all, IMO. Some of them are dope, some weak.
Well said... The keyword was "casual". Some folks are just casual Hiphop fans and then there's guys like myself along with some of you guys and a lot of others who are the true heads who don't accept anything less then originals and don't accept half-ass watered-down Hiphop either.

I will say this though, those "Archives Inc." bootlegs are WAAAAY better then all of those garbage Top Secert, Lethal Weapon, Crate Savers, etc. records. haha
Yeah, I gotta give them that much. At least their sound quality is better
than most of the other labels like it. And sometimes they put together a
good record.

Digital Stimulation

Post by Digital Stimulation »

There must be one somewhere. Organized Konfusion, O.C. and Mr. Complex ripped that beat for like 10 mins on Stretch & Bob back in the day.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

Digital Stimulation wrote:There must be one somewhere. Organized Konfusion, O.C. and Mr. Complex ripped that beat for like 10 mins on Stretch & Bob back in the day.
Yeah, but that was when Large Pro brought the SP up to the show.

serch4beatz

Post by serch4beatz »

Verge

Post by Verge »

Verge wrote:
S.DeEzY4O8 wrote:

I will say this though, those "Archives Inc." bootlegs are WAAAAY better
then all of those garbage Top Secert, Lethal Weapon, Crate Savers, etc.
records. haha
Yeah, I gotta give them that much. At least their sound quality is better
than most of the other labels like it. And sometimes they put together a
good record.
I had to run through a few of the Archive records that I do have last night.
I was putting some other vinyl onto CD and had space for another song or
two, so I threw this one on there:
Xplicit - Fly Shit (off of Loud Unreleased[Archives])
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/sh ... on=8,0,0,0" width="335" height="28" id="divplaylist"><param name="movie" value="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=9459884-c73" /><embed src="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=9459884-c73" width="335" height="28" name="divplaylist" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashpl ... d></object>
http://www.divshare.com/download/9459884-c73

I don't think this came out on anything else. Unless there was actually a
Loud record that was named the same. I think someone was looking for
this, not sure.
I remember Bobbito playing this actually in maybe 2001.
I'm gonna find that missing Cella Dwellas demo thread and throw "Return
Of Jane" on there.

serch4beatz

Post by serch4beatz »

that xplicit was on a loud tape sampler afaik

Verge

Post by Verge »

serch4beatz wrote:that xplicit was on a loud tape sampler afaik
Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I would guess somewhere between 94 and
96. Because I remember having it on tape also back then. Shame Xplicit
didn't do anything else good...did he? I know I read somewhere something
that maybe he did production in this decade or something?

Ho1ogramz

Post by Ho1ogramz »

^ Funny I was just discussing this tape. Yeah, it's originally from the '96 Loud tape featuring a bunch of unreleased jawns. I seriously need to find me a copy. Naw, his latest shit and everything that came afterwards ain't even close to this track, V.

* Patiently awaiting the postman.* =] Too bad they don't deliver on Sundays.
"The sweetest Revolutionary."

thomasv

Post by thomasv »

Verge wrote:
serch4beatz wrote:that xplicit was on a loud tape sampler afaik
Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I would guess somewhere between 94 and
96. Because I remember having it on tape also back then. Shame Xplicit
didn't do anything else good...did he? I know I read somewhere something
that maybe he did production in this decade or something?
He released a solo album in 2005. I never bought the album but from the snippets that I heard on amazon, it sounds great! Apparently he was signed to badboy..don't know what happened. I'm going over the album again right now, damn I need to buy it asap!

Aasim - Money Pit (2005)

Ho1ogramz

Post by Ho1ogramz »

Fly Shit is just too raw - delivery-wise and everything. I was looking for tracks similar to this style he had back then... but didn't find it on that album. Yeah I can be critical.

Different strokes for different folks aye.
"The sweetest Revolutionary."