The Official Project Blowed/Good Life Appreciation Thread

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

aleph

Post by aleph »

^I was thinking, am I crazy or did I hear these before? Dope joints regardless. That's thomasv? Wow.

Verge

Post by Verge »

aleph wrote:^I was thinking, am I crazy or did I hear these before? Dope joints regardless. That's thomasv? Wow.
Yeah man. He was only like 16 years old when he was dropping those dope pieces at the TROY blog. Kid got talent and I'm hoping the best for him. I think he's bound to have a good career in this rap shit in one way or another.

bignormy

Post by bignormy »

Anybody have any leads on this stuff? I bought these tapes and kinda got jerked.

THE KALI 9 "ZIPCODES COMPILATION"
Aceyalone "A-sides and Bonuses"
CVE "CV Shack Original Soundtrack" (1994)
The First Brigade demo (15 songs from 1995)
Hip Hop Kclan "Kclandestined" LP (1996)
THE BADSTADS 1994 demo!! (10 songs
SECTION 8 "DOLLA FOR A HOLLA" (1995) (12 songs
The Good Life/ Project Blowed Out live recordings

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

bignormy wrote:Anybody have any leads on this stuff? I bought these tapes and kinda got jerked.

I wish. First Brigade demo?!?!?!?

bignormy

Post by bignormy »

Echo Leader wrote:
bignormy wrote:Anybody have any leads on this stuff? I bought these tapes and kinda got jerked.

I wish. First Brigade demo?!?!?!?
I think it's all a hoax...I have received info that some of these titles don't even exist...

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

Saw Ace post this today...pretty fresh for 85 lol.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JPUWg9tFMro?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JPUWg9tFMro?ve ... n_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

hungry0ne

Post by hungry0ne »

anyone got any DJ ESP mixtapes?

aleph

Post by aleph »

hungry0ne wrote:anyone got any DJ ESP mixtapes?
I could swear I did a search a couple of years ago and found some blog that had a link to Gatherings Of The Mind but maybe I misremembered. Anyway I could rip my copy if you want, but it'll have to wait at the back of the line (might be a couple of days)

hungry0ne

Post by hungry0ne »

aleph wrote:I could swear I did a search a couple of years ago and found some blog that had a link to Gatherings Of The Mind but maybe I misremembered. Anyway I could rip my copy if you want, but it'll have to wait at the back of the line (might be a couple of days)
that would be VERY much appreciated!! i did a thorough google search and could not find it anywhere, only old megaupload links.

thank you so much!!

bignormy

Post by bignormy »

Anyone have this Anacron stuff that was previously up for free download? The links went down with zshare, if not earlier.
I see there's a song with NgaFsh I haven't heard, called "Oh!", from the mp3 only "Manoe Musicc Productions" compilation

FREE DOWNLOAD: *18 FULL-LENGTH ALBUMS/RELEASES FOR FREE!
by Peanut Gallery Network affiliate and artist, ANACRON
Featuring: OG DJ Daze, MURS, Himself, Eligh, Sunspot Jonz, MC JUICE, One Block Radius, Kruse, NgaFish of CVE, Mulatto Patriot and many, many moreג€¦

Manoemusicc (Anacron) - ג€œManoemusicc Productionsג€ (compiled; various years)
Features: MURS, Himself, Basik of Bleu Collar, Sunspot Jonz, One Block Radius, Black Walt, more
Production: Anacron/Manoemusicc
DOWNLOAD - http://www.zshare.net/download/566447871d38a8ac/

Attention underground fanatics, hip-hop history buffs, independent rap purists, and overall fans of artistic music and expression:* Whether or not youג€™re familiar with the works of ANACRON, this is an IMMENSE, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that you must take full advantage of!

The original modern hip-hop renaissance musician, composer, producer, singer, and rapper ANACRON has released over 25 musical projects in the past 15 years. We have exclusively obtained the rights to release 18 significant ANACRON and MANOEMUSICC projects, albums, and compilations to the internet, FREE! This means you can download 18 FULL ALBUMS for TOTALLY FREE of charge! Classic ANACRON material like ג€œFruitopia,ג€ his first full-length solo release in 1995, and ג€œPals,ג€ his monumental west coast hip-hop classic collaboration with Netherworlds comrades MURS and Himself are now totally free. Obscure and lesser-known projects like ג€œSLP365,ג€the soundtrack for Suzan Laurie Parksג€™ national production, ג€œA Prototypeג€ his contribution to the Tony Hawk Under-Ground soundtrack, and various tracks produced by ANACRONג€™s MANOEMUSICC imprint for hip hopג€™s key players over the past decade are ready for download. All this and much, much more is available to you for FREE! Whether youג€™re already a fan clamoring for that one rare album or hard-to-find track, a lover of good music that has heard the name but never got familiar with his works, or just an open-minded individualist that loves to be constantly exposed to great music, this is your chance to collect a huge chunk of the ANACRON catalogue and witness the steady growth of one of the most prolific musicians in independent musicג€¦ GET IT!

night_shade

Post by night_shade »

Question for all the LA cats out there...is Project Blowed still on? About a year ago I went out to Leimert Park a few times on various Thursdays I think, and nothing was happening. What's the deal?
"...my ex girl's got balls." - Guru

aleph

Post by aleph »

hungry0ne wrote:
aleph wrote:I could swear I did a search a couple of years ago and found some blog that had a link to Gatherings Of The Mind but maybe I misremembered. Anyway I could rip my copy if you want, but it'll have to wait at the back of the line (might be a couple of days)
that would be VERY much appreciated!! i did a thorough google search and could not find it anywhere, only old megaupload links.

thank you so much!!
Here it is finally- ESP: Gatherings of the Mind

http://www.mediafire.com/?zlli8r6b4508yk0

bignormy

Post by bignormy »

God damn it... fellowship "innercity boundaries" remix was on my wishlist of rare tracks for years; last summer someone put it on soundcloud, jupiter tweeted the link, i SWEAR I downloaded it...but where is the file????

hungry0ne

Post by hungry0ne »

aleph wrote: Here it is finally- ESP: Gatherings of the Mind

http://www.mediafire.com/?zlli8r6b4508yk0
So rad! Thanks a MILLION!

hungry0ne

Post by hungry0ne »

bignormy wrote:God damn it... fellowship "innercity boundaries" remix was on my wishlist of rare tracks for years; last summer someone put it on soundcloud, jupiter tweeted the link, i SWEAR I downloaded it...but where is the file????
See if this is the version you're looking for:
http://fileover.net/45204006/

bignormy

Post by bignormy »

hungry0ne wrote:
bignormy wrote:God damn it... fellowship "innercity boundaries" remix was on my wishlist of rare tracks for years; last summer someone put it on soundcloud, jupiter tweeted the link, i SWEAR I downloaded it...but where is the file????
See if this is the version you're looking for:
http://fileover.net/45204006/
It is, thanks a lot! Actually I finally found my copy a couple of hours ago. I wonder where this come from? The info says "track 1/16" from a "tape". Interesting.

Glad some other people are keeping their eyes peeled and saving ephemeral soundcloud posts. I missed some busdriver demos a few years ago, at least the most interesting one got finished and was on beau$eros

Slick Vicious

Re: The Official Project Blowed/Good Life Appreciation Threa

Post by Slick Vicious »

This thread is tight... Big ups. :cheers:

foobar

Post by foobar »

that boundaries remix is :bow:

bignormy

Post by bignormy »

A number of new physical and digital releases:

Medusa released her first real CD (she's got a few poorly documented CDrs here and there) on m9ent ; 'where's the dj booth' - has diva's den and power of the p remastered as bonus tracks.

myka 9 - gramophone is out on picture disc

abstract rude - dear abbey mixtape on itunes

ellay khule - warrior's euphornia is on itunes; he implied there will be real cdrs but nothing on ellaykhule.com yet. also there are a couple of 'goodlife bullyz' mixtape cdrs (khule, mister cr, rick konvict, kazue)

Fritz

Post by Fritz »

Found out Volume 10 also dropped an album last year: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/stillinthegame

night_shade

Post by night_shade »

Volume 10 shows why he reached the top of the music charts and continues to be a radio favorite
:lol:
"...my ex girl's got balls." - Guru

bignormy

Post by bignormy »

Fritz wrote:Found out Volume 10 also dropped an album last year: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/stillinthegame
Jeez, thanks for the heads up. He had been leaking some stuff on soundcloud and I had my eyes open for an album but somehow missed this.

Pawn Shop was dope.

Fritz

Post by Fritz »

bignormy wrote:
Fritz wrote:Found out Volume 10 also dropped an album last year: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/stillinthegame
Jeez, thanks for the heads up. He had been leaking some stuff on soundcloud and I had my eyes open for an album but somehow missed this.

Pawn Shop was dope.
I also missed it totally, they should have promoted the album a bit better (interviews etc). I liked pawnshop too

I also found a blog with a lot of goodlife stuff on it in case anyone is interested : blownuppmusic.blogspot.com

bignormy

Post by bignormy »

Fritz wrote:
bignormy wrote:

Pawn Shop was dope.
I also missed it totally, they should have promoted the album a bit better (interviews etc). I liked pawnshop too
Pretty lowbudget maxell CDR and printed inserts on plain paper! It's kind of billed as a mixtape too "DJ Infinite Mix presents" It is on amazon mp3 and everything though. Haven't had a chance to listen yet. Interestingly it doesn't have any of his more recent soundcloud leaks. He even has a new song "uncles children" with a full video and on itunes - maybe a more official album is coming soon.

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

Has anybody listened to/picked up any of the newer Project Blowed stuff?

- new Volume 10 disc and GoodLife Bullyz mixtapes

- Pterradacto: Land of the Lost

- Ellay Khule: Warrior's Euphoria, Holy Scriptures, and Street Symphonies

Would love to hear any of these joints if y'all are holding...:gyeah:

bignormy

Post by bignormy »

I recommend the Hardcore Street Hop Division compilation

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

YO! I knew you'd roll thru this thread sooner or later, normy...can you hook a playa up with any of those listed above? :gyeah:

silence

Post by silence »

just came in here to post up this project, the perspective of a Good Life Bully - Mister CR (Good Life Bullyz/ Project Blowed Hardcore Street Hop Division) and produced by yours truly. shout out to bignormy for reaching out.

album download: http://mistercr.bandcamp.com/album/the- ... life-bully

In Case You Didn't Know ft. Big Draws & Ellay Khule: http://mistercr.bandcamp.com/track/in-c ... llay-khule

king beef

Post by king beef »

Ultra request, is any holding The Good Life documentary?

tibo

Post by tibo »

New Myka 9 & Ab Rude album : https://keepthefeel.bandcamp.com/album/ayem-ray-dio" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;