Mapping Out the Stretch & Bobbito Show (with Tape Rips)

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Stieflkater

Re: Mapping Out the Stretch & Bobbito Show (with Tape Rips)

Post by Stieflkater »

Not sure - Bergamo is in Italy. No chance he could have caught SNB on radio. (Maybe I'm doing him wrong, but not sure if a US dude would name his channel after an italian city.) Also I don't have time to go through not tracklisted YT material looking for demos etc....

Thx for the heads up though.

afn33282

Post by afn33282 »

Ya just checked them all. Unfortunately, nothing new. YT tracks all start at the exact split-second the pf sets start, and the 3/14 sets end at the split-second (assuming the rest do, too). Too bad.

dirtywaters

Post by dirtywaters »

This is the Group Home show 11-16-95
http://dirtywaters.blogspot.com/2015/04 ... -1995.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think Hectic Eclectic posted this years back in 4 parts, but I mended them into 2

HecticEclectic

Post by HecticEclectic »

dirtywaters wrote:This is the Group Home show 11-16-95
http://dirtywaters.blogspot.com/2015/04 ... -1995.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think Hectic Eclectic posted this years back in 4 parts, but I mended them into 2
Big up Nes :cheers:

afn33282

Post by afn33282 »

Update on the eBay tape of 11.16.95 I posted about a couple weeks ago. Bought it, shipped to unikone (Lucy here) / hiphop-thegoldenera.

No new tracks compared to the Hectic-Nes version, but it does have the night's intro, and a bunch of talkover sections that were pause-clipped out (understandably) by the original owner of the first tape.

Link to comparative playlists of the two different tapes by unikone / me (he got the obscure ones). http://goo.gl/IBVPbJ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Timestamped for anyone who wants to stitch the sets together. Irish Craig? You're good at that. Nes? I don't have the program nor the expertise to balance the sound out.

On an interesting note, Irish recognized the handstyle on the cassette. Buddy of his who lives in London. The dude I bought it from also lives in London. Small world.

unikone's link: http://hiphop-thegoldenera.blogspot.fr/ ... ember.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thanks to Nes for getting back to me on the set

dirtywaters

Post by dirtywaters »

check it out, Emskee is selling all his Stretch cassettes, the entire collection of 89.9 tapes. Your boy has like full, 4 hour shows dating back to 92. asking 1,000 but best offer will be considered. Anyone interested check it out... any promotion would be appreciated.

http://dirtywaters.blogspot.com/2015/05 ... tapes.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

What about Emskee just uploading the digitized versions for us? If we are 100 people and everybody paypals 10 bucks he got the grand he wants and nobody needs to put in countless hours digitizing. (If at all somebody will be that kind.)
The paypal could say support because his crib caught fire, so no legal troubles.

Digitizing that amount of tapes twice would be just stupid and we damn well know Stretch won't put up shit for free.

I ain't paying 1000 bucks for something somebody got for free and would have done it anyways because he is a fan.

FLUCK THAT

Generally, a lot of Hip-Hoppers is idiots due to not keeping their music preserved.

Why didn't Stretch have to pay a grand?

Peace and Love to all the people that put in time and put up tapes for free.

step one

Post by step one »

I posted up that Group Home show back in 2009. The first S&B tape I ever heard. Think I copped it in Handspun Records back in 95
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

dirtywaters

Post by dirtywaters »

I'm saying, it is a massive collection of tapes that he no longer wants. As far as the digital copies, I can't say if he's going to sell those or give them away. But he wants to sell the tapes, I don't see much wrong with that. There are still a lot of people who pay big bucks for cassette tapes and rare mix tapes, I would think these are far more rare. High quality, original recordings of radio mix shows? People buy that stuff. Plus as he told me, he paid a ton for high bias blanks, back then they were expensive. If you're not interested, I get it, but I don't think all that crazy. And keep in mind $1,000 is an asking price.

Lucy

Post by Lucy »

"Stretch and Bobbito archive shows available on cassette tapes coming soon ! In production now. Distributed by Fat Beats."
Via http://stretchandbobbito.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

IRISH_CRAIG

Post by IRISH_CRAIG »

Stieflkater wrote:Why didn't Stretch have to pay a grand?
Cos alongside Bobbito, he stayed up until approx 6am on a Friday morning nearly every week, FOR YEARS !!

IRISH_CRAIG

Post by IRISH_CRAIG »

afn33282 wrote:Update on the eBay tape of 11.16.95 I posted about a couple weeks ago http://goo.gl/IBVPbJ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Timestamped for anyone who wants to stitch the sets together. Irish Craig?
Shouts to Chris & unikone for keepin this movin. I'll get on this stitch-up today.

IRISH_CRAIG

Post by IRISH_CRAIG »

Looks like a Kickstarter camp for the Fat Beats cassettes is on it's way too.

IRISH_CRAIG

Post by IRISH_CRAIG »

afn33282 wrote:On an interesting note, Irish recognized the handstyle on the cassette. Buddy of his who lives in London
We worked together at a record store in the 90s, his name is DJ MK.

I'll be postin a few more of his tapes now that my software is back in action !!

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

IRISH_CRAIG wrote:We worked together at a record store in the 90s, his name is DJ MK.
Was that Mr Bongo? I think Mark 563 who posts here used to work there too.

IRISH_CRAIG

Post by IRISH_CRAIG »

Nah, nowhere near as cool Bongos, but less than 25 yards away from it haha

The massive HMV at the top of Poland Street, biggest record store in Europe at one point.

Y@k Bollocks

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Oh yeah. Used to like mooching about in there. Think I paid £23 for an import copy of Stunts, Blunts and Hip Hop CD in there. Good times.

IRISH_CRAIG

Post by IRISH_CRAIG »

Did a big white bloke that looked about eleventeen feet tall with a dodgy accent serve ya ? MWAAHahahahahaha....

Yeh, worked there from 92 to 99.

step one

Post by step one »

weird how loads of us must've been in the same stores and queued up next to each other back in the day
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

IRISH_CRAIG

Post by IRISH_CRAIG »

step one wrote:weird how loads of us must've been in the same stores and queued up next to each other back in the day
Too true. At the same gigs etc too

Y@k Bollocks

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

IRISH_CRAIG wrote:Too true. At the same gigs etc too
Haha, yeah. I shared many a "We'll be fine" nervous glances at fellow whitey at Westwood nights in the early 90s.

lewislloyd

Post by lewislloyd »

dirtywaters, is there a listing of the tapes? obviously there are missing shows and i dont think anyone is looking to pay their hard earned for stuff already out there.

afn33282

Post by afn33282 »

dirtywaters wrote:check it out, Emskee is selling all his Stretch cassettes, the entire collection of 89.9 tapes. Your boy has like full, 4 hour shows dating back to 92. asking 1,000 but best offer will be considered. Anyone interested check it out... any promotion would be appreciated.

http://dirtywaters.blogspot.com/2015/05 ... tapes.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nice report Nes.

I'm up for throwing in on this for sure, but maybe through the Fat Beats releases, hopefully, it won't be necessary. Any sense on whether his whole collection will come down the Fat Beats pipeline?

Digital Stimulation

Post by Digital Stimulation »

The problem with the Fat Beats tapes is that if they're the same tapes they used to sell back in the day, those were only 90 mins of each show and a LOT of the good stuff (demos, freestyles, etc) got omitted. These are apparently full 4 hour shows, which is a much bigger deal.
afn33282 wrote:
dirtywaters wrote:check it out, Emskee is selling all his Stretch cassettes, the entire collection of 89.9 tapes. Your boy has like full, 4 hour shows dating back to 92. asking 1,000 but best offer will be considered. Anyone interested check it out... any promotion would be appreciated.

Nice report Nes.

I'm up for throwing in on this for sure, but maybe through the Fat Beats releases, hopefully, it won't be necessary. Any sense on whether his whole collection will come down the Fat Beats pipeline?

afn33282

Post by afn33282 »

Digital Stimulation wrote:The problem with the Fat Beats tapes is that if they're the same tapes they used to sell back in the day, those were only 90 mins of each show and a LOT of the good stuff (demos, freestyles, etc) got omitted. These are apparently full 4 hour shows, which is a much bigger deal.
Well I have $100 on it. We get 9 other people we're good. And I don't need physical tapes after the fact.

jamo609

Post by jamo609 »

So...from what I gather with these Emskee tapes, is that Stretch has already "borrowed" all these tapes and digitized them himself. Therefor, Is there any reason that these full shows would not then be duplicated onto tapes to be sold by Fat Beats.

dirtywaters

Post by dirtywaters »

There are 270 tapes total in his collection, but no list of dates. There's a solid offer at $1,000 and a few others have expressed interest. It's possible the whole collection could go up on eBay. I'm still not sure what Emskee is gonna do with the collection, but anyone interested in purchasing it in it's entirety can email me. I'm not interested in buying his collection or trying to pool heads together to chip in, I'm just helping him to find someone who wants to buy it all.

I'm interested to see what's going to be on the Fat Beats tapes as well, and it's good we already have people looking to buy/digitize/share.

afn33282

Post by afn33282 »

The show previously identified as 1996 08.00 (Percee P) is 08.08.

On 96 08.15A @55:48 Bobb says no show the next two weeks, and we already have the 08.01 show.

Original up by Aleph, according to Jamo's spreadsheet.

Rapswell

Post by Rapswell »

Yo..random S&B question: Does anyone know the names of the reggae/hip-hop mashups that Stretch used to play at the beginning of some shows, with like Skull Snaps drums and reggae lyrics like "6 million ways to die, choose one"..shit like that? I know someone will know on here..

HecticEclectic

Post by HecticEclectic »

Rapswell wrote:Yo..random S&B question: Does anyone know the names of the reggae/hip-hop mashups that Stretch used to play at the beginning of some shows, with like Skull Snaps drums and reggae lyrics like "6 million ways to die, choose one"..shit like that? I know someone will know on here..
Rapswell..are you referring to the beginning of the 3.11.93 show?

Look into records by The Nubian Crackers