Mapping Out the Stretch & Bobbito Show (with Tape Rips)

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Kool Max Power

Re: Mapping Out the Stretch & Bobbito Show (with Tape Rips)

Post by Kool Max Power »

lengthmust wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:22 pm
does anyone know who that guy was that stole tame 1s verse? stretch plays a record he just got and the dude is spitting a verse from tame 1 freestyle in 92 i believe. id say the date of the show but idk it cuz i downloaded bunch of snb shows off youtube but theyre all labeled as videoplayback

PauseTapeKing

Post by PauseTapeKing »

IRISH_CRAIG wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:45 pm
PauseTapeKing wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:25 pm
Hey guys im looking for a specific show that is of great importance to me. I don't know the exact date but it was in 1994, possibly around anywhere from september to november. Stretch was absent and it was just bobbito playing demos most of the night. I know in the last hour he played Junior Mafia's Player's anthem, first time it was probably ever played. There are a lot of dead links on this board so im searching like crazy. thanks
PTK, as mentioned, this was 23 March 1995.

I've tried to sew as many pieces of this show together as possible and make em one. Mighty Mi had sent sections of his personal archives over to me last year so I have attached them to the copies that had already done the rounds here.....He was the substitute DJ that night, and a few months previous in December 94...

HUGE shouts to Jamo !

Downloads on the page...

https://randomrapradio.com/2020/04/30/d ... emastered/

Thank you so much man! Can't tell you how much this means to me. I was listening to this tape at 16 when my grandmother was dying in the hospital. Morbid I know but that's how much I've been trying to find this tape!

lengthmust

Post by lengthmust »

Kool Max Power wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:12 am
lengthmust wrote:
does anyone know who that guy was that stole tame 1s verse? l all labeled as videoplayback
[youtube]ifaKMjEP_Etube]
THANK YOU!!👍👍✌✌

lengthmust

Post by lengthmust »

Kool Max Power wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:12 am
lengthmust wrote:
does anyone videoplayback
[youtube]ifbe]
another example of biting is the necro, big has, tek and cage freestyle from 7/4/1996

big has verse is stolen from 2pacs souljas story

lengthmust

Post by lengthmust »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnqIDNXE5sc

the first few seconds are a VERY brief snipet of some of necros mf doom hey verse from the 1997 show wit cage n non phixion where he dises crag g

apparently no1 has full version. the one on here is pause edited and cuts off at ''torture and death cant resist--''

the rest is 1st verse from wnyu frestyle wit carnage

IRISH_CRAIG

Post by IRISH_CRAIG »

PauseTapeKing wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:57 pm
Thank you so much man! Can't tell you how much this means to me. I was listening to this tape at 16 when my grandmother was dying in the hospital. Morbid I know but that's how much I've been trying to find this tape!
No sweat fella, not a problem. And nah man, morbid aint the right word but I appreciate what ya sayin.

Grief in all its unexpected weirdness is inevitable, so we hold onto the most rational elements of the passing that led to that grief.

You were obvs close to your Grandmother, and clinging onto somethin almost tangible is totally understandable. AND, it's an ILL show !

BTW. Nothin has been forthcoming about the Brand Nubian, from anyone...nobody knows this unreleased track Ills of the Crack ? Was it released ?

HecticEclectic

Post by HecticEclectic »

Looking forward to hearing how these freestyles are remixed

Stretch Armstrong
@StretchArmy
Tonight 10pm ET: the debut of STRETCH AND BOBBITO RADIO on Apple Music Hits. We’ll be premiering remixes of legendary radio freestyles from Big L/Jay-Z, Method Man/Ghostface and the Notorious B.I.G., which will all be on DSPs at midnight!

https://twitter.com/StretchArmy/status/ ... 22434?s=20

HecticEclectic

Post by HecticEclectic »

HecticEclectic wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:03 pm
Looking forward to hearing how these freestyles are remixed

Stretch Armstrong
@StretchArmy
Tonight 10pm ET: the debut of STRETCH AND BOBBITO RADIO on Apple Music Hits. We’ll be premiering remixes of legendary radio freestyles from Big L/Jay-Z, Method Man/Ghostface and the Notorious B.I.G., which will all be on DSPs at midnight!

https://twitter.com/StretchArmy/status/ ... 22434?s=20
Hot off the press

https://open.spotify.com/album/1UEFCnP9 ... GG7VYpsMIA

IRISH_CRAIG

Post by IRISH_CRAIG »

OOoooooohhh weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. That's the first time that that full Biggie freestyle has appeared right ? That was taaaaaaaaaaasty.

So, lemmy get this straight, an engineer [or prolly Stretch himself], has taken the freestyle vocals, seperated em in software like Izotope RX, created accapellas and relaid the original instrumentals that they rhymed over...

AND remixed them too with M19s beats [mostly meh, imo].

Like all those accapellas created from RX or any of that kinda software, they still sound a bit thin and have that watery 192kbps vocal sound. They sound fair enough, no complaints, but with the choices of new digitised sounds or the boomin dusty sound of a radio tape, I know which one I prefer !

Architek

Post by Architek »

IRISH_CRAIG wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:03 am
OOoooooohhh weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. That's the first time that that full Biggie freestyle has appeared right ? That was taaaaaaaaaaasty.

So, lemmy get this straight, an engineer [or prolly Stretch himself], has taken the freestyle vocals, seperated em in software like Izotope RX, created accapellas and relaid the original instrumentals that they rhymed over...

Like all those accapellas created from RX or any of that kinda software, they still sound a bit thin and have that watery 192kbps vocal sound. They sound fair enough, no complaints, but with the choices of new digitised sounds or the boomin dusty sound of a radio tape, I know which one I prefer !
Strange that you say this, I'm thinking they sound surprisingly good for radio show recordings. Certainly much much better than some unreleased studio material from that era. Considering Big L's lyrics have been censored I believe these were multi-track recordings, to be tweaked later if needed. It's no secret that S&B freestyles were not really freestyles anyway (in some cases at least).

That Meth & Ghost 2nd beat, after the Black Moon one, is killing me.. I know it very well but can't seem to place it. Can someone help ID it?

HecticEclectic

Post by HecticEclectic »

Architek wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:10 am
IRISH_CRAIG wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:03 am

Strange that you say this, I'm thinking they sound surprisingly good for radio show recordings. Certainly much much better than some unreleased studio material from that era. Considering Big L's lyrics have been censored I believe these were multi-track recordings, to be tweaked later if needed. It's no secret that S&B freestyles were not really freestyles anyway (in some cases at least).

That Meth & Ghost 2nd beat, after the Black Moon one, is killing me.. I know it very well but can't seem to place it. Can someone help ID it?

Architek

Post by Architek »

^^^ My man, thanks a bunch for this.

HecticEclectic

Post by HecticEclectic »

Architek wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:21 am
^^^ My man, thanks a bunch for this.
All time remix and Stretch & Bobbito classic

step one

Post by step one »

ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

step one

Post by step one »

ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

fatboybrandon

Post by fatboybrandon »

I think at this point Stretch & Bob should start their own version of archive.org, or if not just make their own account on that website for archiving their shows. I see Bobbito already has a profile on archive.org for his solo radio show.

I was a spoiled kid because I lived within walking distance of WKCR and had family who attended Columbia University. Based on the ease of access and other life situations, I didn't tape as many shows as I wished I could. I'm glad the internet exists so I can revisit all the shows and moments I missed.
Audio: Organized Konfusion Interviewed by DJ Riz & WildMan Steve, 1994 http://bit.ly/stress1994" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

IRISH_CRAIG

Post by IRISH_CRAIG »

FAO ADMIN !!!

Received a message from Nes, he's forgotten his password and cant access PF.

Can someone get in touch with him to sort that out please ?

His addy is djnes3000@yahoo.com

IRISH_CRAIG

Post by IRISH_CRAIG »

Totally agree Brandon, my thinkin is that they wanna monetise in some way, in any way.

I hope they do add on to archive.org but I doubt it. They wouldnt make any money off of it.

It's gonna be an extremely difficult issue selling shows because of license and copyright, SO, they cant sell full shows, they cant sell anything really that doesnt belong to them...............BUT, are trying to make the freestyles available, which are not licensed or copyrighted in any way [and they have probably gone through all the licensing of the instrumental ownership too, so that they dont try and sell something owned by BMG/ Universal etc]. I think that's why this conversation is still going. The mire of legal eagles they have to fly by is the thing.

And for the type of listeners that are here, we dont just want the tip, we want the whole thing. AAAAAaaaaaAAAAYO !

:ohsh: :lol: :lol: :lol:

IRISH_CRAIG

Post by IRISH_CRAIG »

fatboybrandon wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:46 am
I see Bobbito already has a profile on archive.org for his solo radio show
I can see the show but not Bobbitos' profile....https://archive.org/details/eastvillage ... radio-show

Any help appreciated

fatboybrandon

Post by fatboybrandon »

I was mistaken about Bob havin a profile, I should've just said his shows are archived there from EVR. You can here a bunch of those shows at https://archive.org/search.php?query=bo ... 22audio%22

Here's dirtywaters selling some of his underground NYC radio cassette tapes. One of my favorite people for those type of rare uploads: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5320 ... 5014690647
Audio: Organized Konfusion Interviewed by DJ Riz & WildMan Steve, 1994 http://bit.ly/stress1994" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

IRISH_CRAIG

Post by IRISH_CRAIG »

Some vintage DJ Enuff, some of you may know, from when he filled in for Stretch on HOT97

https://randomrapradio.com/2021/01/25/d ... emastered/

lengthmust

Post by lengthmust »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jjt9aqLj7Y

Necro verse from 1997 extended version of a verse that was pause edited from the taping of the whole show(Necro cage phixion)