Mapping Out the Stretch & Bobbito Show (with Tape Rips)

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

aleph

Post by aleph »

Date: July 17, 1997. Guest DJ: Eli Escobar.

EDIT 8/28/11: Full show re-rip, courtesy bomba, Steve Brock & nobs. 3 hrs. 49 min.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M2O73K7V
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DXV2NKNL

Sir Menelik - Nightwork
Natural Resource - Bum Deal
Main One - It's On (id by Zged)
Common - Reminding Me (Of Sef)
GP Wu - Hit Me With That Shit
The Korp - The Champion
The Roots f/Dג€™Angelo - The ג€˜Notic
Beatnuts - Off The Books
ATCQ - Same Olג€™ Thing
No ID f/Dug Infinite - Jump On It (2x)
Herbaliser f/What What - New & Improved
Mos Def - If You Can Huh You Can Hear
Beatnuts - Bless The MIC
B-1 - Empire Staters
Mic break
The Korp - We Cominג€™ remix
Two Kings In A Cipher - How U Figga
Del - Eye Examination
3rd Bass - Check Yourself
Downtown Science - This Is A Visit
De La Soul - Chanel No. Fever
No ID - Skyג€™s The Limit
Company Flow - Blind
Scienz Of Life - The Anthem
MF Doom - Dead Bent
Mass Influence - Under Pressure
Natural Resource - I Love This World
????
Aboriginals f/Mike Zoot - QNA
KMD - What A Nigga Know remix
De La Soul - Lovely How I Let My Mind Float
Del - Undisputed Champs
Kurious - Walk Like A Duck
Ultramagnetic MCs - See That Man On The Street
Beatnuts - Get Funky remix
Nas - One L remix
Organized Konfusion - Why
ATCQ - Keep It Rollinג€™
Eric B & Rakim - In The Ghetto (Drums & Rakim mix)
Special Ed - Ya Wish Ya Could
Big Daddy Kane - Mr. Pitiful remix
K-Solo - Speed Blocks
Kool G Rap & Polo - Death Wish
Lord Finesse f/AG - Back To Back Rhyming
Lord Sear freestyle
Krunchtime
Company Flow - Tragedy of War
Beatnuts - Strokes
MF Doom - Hey!
Mos Def - Universal Magnetic inst
No ID - Skyג€™s The Limit inst / Skyג€™s The Limit remix
Last edited by aleph on Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:54 am, edited 4 times in total.

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

Krisch wrote:
aleph wrote:
bad-cop wrote:
TheBigSleep wrote:The only other one we have him on for sure is December 5th, 1996, which I'll add in that Eclipse was there.

aleph said May 16th, 1996 might've been him but nothing definitive, I guess it's worth asking him.

Other than that, he wasn't mentioned in this thread. And I try to get all the information from other blogs / sites but like Craig said, some is bound to fall through.

I'll try to work on a full list of dates as well (but right now we only know of three instances of DJ Eclipse on the tables for sure).
Thanks dude, I was hoping it was just a matter of copy and paste into 1 document.

Shows with E is not essential, it was just to give something back.

Thanks

BC
Here's a list of the Thursday shows only (as of October 3), including the ones identified by approximate year but without dates.

http://www.divshare.com/download/12720577-38b

Yeah, Eclipse will probably know if it's him on that May 96 show. I know E was on a 1998 show when Capital D from All Natural battled Lord Sear. (Don't know if he spun tho)

Good looks bc
I took aleph's listed and highlighted (red color) the shows that to my knowledge haven't been posted yet. Also added two shows that weren't on the list (blue color)

http://www.mediafire.com/?bc0fq59fqhdhuk8
I made some corrections on the Stretch and Bob site and also corrected / added to the list:

http://www.mediafire.com/?375b60ggtpi32ff
aleph wrote:That's great TBS. I see I made a couple of mistakes myself in transposing the list, thanks for the corrections.

If the November 23 1995 came from bomba's list, that's actually a Hot 97 Funk Flex show w/BCC from the 24th (to be posted shortly).

@bad-cop, Sleep's list is the one that should be forwarded to Eclipse
Last edited by TheBigSleep on Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Verge

Post by Verge »

aleph wrote:Just finished uploading the Eli Escobar show from July 17, 1997. I guess I shoulda posted this b4 the list.

Oh yeah b4 I forget: was listening to July 27 95 show. Gov Mattic wasn't there; in his place was some cat named Masu(?) Also next on deck (per Bobbito) was Voodoo and L-Swift but unfortunately the tape didn't catch em.
I was just checking in to mention that. Since there's so many NE freestyles floating around, I wonder which these were. Oh well.
Thanks for this Eli show. Props and cheers all around.
Again, anyone with any ideas, exclusives, or just wanna make a guest post for Stretch n Bobbito month, hit me up on the pm's. If you're under 50 posts, hit my email, pause:
verge001@yahoo.com
And you can always get at The Big Sleep, too.

dirtywaters

Post by dirtywaters »

Dates for the list:

The unknown DJ Riz Show is August 31, 1995 (same as Big Pun & Fat Joe)

December 14, 1995 - Camp Lo, Greg Nyce (I have this show, will post it up soon.)

Krisch

Post by Krisch »

dirtywaters wrote:November 16, 1995 - (Group Home, Omiscence, Grap Luva, Pete Rock)

I have parts from this one (freestyles) but would love to have this show in it's entirety, I think parts of this were posted already?
Step One posted about 70 minutes of the show on his blog. But it doesn't include the appearances by Omniscence, Grap Luva & Pete Rock

aleph

Post by aleph »

Big up, Nes.

Just added playlist to the Eli Escobar show.

Also, good news if you like S&B Hot 97 shows: I forgot I had four more lying around, so stay tuned for that. (Hail bomba.)
Verge wrote:I need and can't find that show with the Lord Sear prank, "you want ice cube in yo ice tea" Chinese restaurant prank. Anybody?
Referring to the May 1997 show with Sahdeeq? I don't think that was Sear though. Someone said it was Jerky Boys but I'm not sure it was them either.
IRISH_CRAIG wrote:I separated the prank for easy access:

www.mediafire.com/?j7388tkz020ck68

I own the entire Jerky Boys catalogue, and im sure this is NOT a Jerky call, and it does sound a bit like Sear muckin around, but im not 100% it is him.

The cut is scratched in on vinyl from the last record, not just played from a CD/ Tape...

Did we have CDJ/ Serato in 97 ?
RandyWest78 wrote:The Touchtone Terrorists CDs I have are from '98 and '99. You sure it wasn't The Jerky Boys? I only ask 'cause their shit was on vinyl and you mentioned how it was scratched in.
Good job, Craig. did I mention I'm rofl?

That's not Sear. Voice is close but no cigar. Also it sounds too scripted on the caller's part to be Sear.

bad-cop

Post by bad-cop »

bad-cop wrote:
bad-cop wrote:
bad-cop wrote:Mail sent to Eclipse, will post any updates...
Had a response from Eclipse...

"I recently lent Stretch about 200 of my earlier tapes for him to digitize. Although I got the tapes back I haven't actually got the files from him yet. Let me hit him up and see if I can get those files and then I'd be down to send ya'll some to post. Cool?"

Fingers crossed!
Had a response from Eclipes and he has not heard back from Stretch yet. In E's words - "Catching up with him has always been a process"

Anyway, he asked for a list of the dates of shows we have got so far to see if he could fill any gaps. Could someone send a word or txt doc with this and I will pass it on!?

Also, could someone send me the links where E's guesting the show / filling in for stretch. I'm sure he would appreciate this.
Update from Eclipse - he now has the list of dates and will have a look through his collection over the weekend...

Fingers crossed he will deliver some heat!
Bad Cop mixes & music: https://www.mixcloud.com/badcop/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & http://soundcloud.com/bad-cop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

aleph

Post by aleph »

Hot 97, December 21, 1997. Primo subbing.

part 1
M.O.P.- Handle Ur Bizness (Premier rmx)
Xperado- Paradox
Royal Flush- Illiodic Shines
?
IG Off & Hazadous- Street Serenade
Medina Green- Crosstown Beef
24/7- 24/7 ft Jesse West & Nine (id by Krisch)
Defari- Peopleג€™s Choice
Onyx/WuTang- The Worst

part 2
Brand Nubian- Keep It Bubblinג€™
Sporty Thievz- Street Cinema
Strong Peoples- It Ainג€™t Safe
Mase- Wanna Hurt Mase?
Noreaga f/Nas & Nature- Blood Money Part 2
Neek the Exotic- Exoticג€™s Raw
Rascalz, etc.- Northern Touch
Brainsick Enterprize- Mixmaster USA
Mike Zoot f/Tek- Midnite Run
Diamond D f/Sadat X- Never
X-Ecutioners f/E.Bros- Raidaג€™s Theme

part 1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6UR2HEOZ
part 2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5YMV6BUX
Last edited by aleph on Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

HecticEclectic

Post by HecticEclectic »

Krisch wrote:thanks bomba & aleph!

The song after Medina Green is 24/7 - 24/7 ft Jesse West & Nine
BrandanEvans wrote:yo aleph, who did that record with the Mary J. sample as the hook on that '97 S&B tape u just posted.

that track is crazy, i heard it before but i have no idea who did the record or whats its called.
That's the IG Off & Hazadous track
Street Serenade

DJ Eclipse

Post by DJ Eclipse »

What's up ya'll. I'm starting to go through some joints now. Can't say I'll get a ton at one time, but over the course of time I'll lace ya'll with some. I'll look for that unreleased show Riz and I did. I have it complete somewhere.

E

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

Added info:

Thursday, September 10th, 1992
Thursday, November 12th, 1992 (Art of Orgin, Artifacts, Souls of Mischief, Kurious Jorge)
Thursday, April 8th, 1993

Props to bad-cop and new member DJ Eclipse (nice start!) for this one.

And props to aleph and bomba for the DJ Eli Escobar and DJ Premier (Hot 97) shows, to dirtywaters and Krisch for helping with days and to aleph, Krisch and Hectic Eclectic for helping with playlist info / track IDs.

(The other two dates are ones I heard Bobbito announce in a '93 show as ones that were for sale. He didn't name guests and actually said September 9th, 1992 though he got the other day correct.)

DJ Eclipse

Post by DJ Eclipse »

Thanks for the welcome all. Slow Friday night so I'm ripping another show right now. 1-5-95.

Gotcha on the "unreleased" show Dirty.

Yes, seems that Sucio/Squeeze are having some major issues up at WKCR which may see them leaving within the next two weeks and being replaced by some random students. Here's a link for the petition. http://bit.ly/at5vwG

Verge

Post by Verge »

Just signed the petition and encourage everyone here to do the same. I'll make a separate thread to get more sigs if necessary.
That's foul, do they have any real reason or excuse for cancelling the show?

Anyway, thanks for the next rip. That 1-5-95 is close to the "Space Shuttle show" that I bought at fat Beats back in the day. But that might have been in December 1995, not sure. All I know is it had a few Kool Keith/Dr.Octagon/sir Menelik joints or demos.
My main target is demos and shit like that. Good looking out, Eclipse.

dirtywaters

Post by dirtywaters »

CM famalam Show meets Halftime show
Featuring DJ Eclipse & DJ Riz
August 10, 2000
(all four hours)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PQ7N7O5L
HecticEclectic wrote:
-SyLar- wrote:whats the track on the first part that plays after the AZ world dont stop remix?
Royal Flush - Rotten Apple

bad-cop

Post by bad-cop »

November 12, 1992 (Art of Origin, Artifacts, Souls of Mischief, Kurious Jorge)

Courtesy of DJ Eclipse!

Side 1: http://rapidshare.com/files/423930731/S ... _12_92.mp3

Side 2: http://rapidshare.com/files/423945828/S ... _12_92.mp3
Bad Cop mixes & music: https://www.mixcloud.com/badcop/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & http://soundcloud.com/bad-cop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

IRISH_CRAIG

Post by IRISH_CRAIG »

DJ Stretch Armstrong Show featuring Bobbito the Barber WKCR ג€“ TDK D-90 1993 - [In the studio OC & Masta Ace, Reef, Monch, Complex, Louis167]

DJ Stretch Armstrong Show featuring Bobbito the Barber on WKCR ג€“ TDK D-90 1993 - SIDE A
http://www.mediafire.com/?hwn2yhltdyetn22

DJ Stretch Armstrong Show featuring Bobbito the Barber on WKCR ג€“ TDK D-90 1993 - SIDE B
http://www.mediafire.com/?2ech01c7ndgw5na

Side A

Cypress Hill - Stoned Is The Way Of The Walk [Reprise]
Nas - Halftime
Diamond D - Best Kept Secret [45 King]
?
Funk Flex & 9mm - 6 Million Ways to Die
Nubian Cracker Beat ?
BDK - Lean on Me
Zhigge - Rakin in the Dough
Double XX - Executive Class 2
Diamond D - Im Outta Here
Mics check

Side B

OC Freestyle
Gangstarr - Gotta Get Over
Gangstarr - Gotta Get Over [Large Professor Remix]
Kool G Rap - Ill Street Blues
Kurious - Walk Like A Duck
Dr Dre - Rat-Tat-Tat-Tat [Snoop/ RBX/ BJ]
Diamond D - Check 1,2
Masta Ace & Lord Digga - Saturday Night Live
Masta Ace/ Bobb mics check
Masta Ace - Freestyle
Lord Digga - Freestyle
Uneek - Freestyle
ICU Rock - Freestyle

First up, major shouts to all those puttin in the efforts, much appreciated, and to Eclipse, good to see ye in the building fella

I've gotta couple more tapes [two sections of the June 15th, 1995 show] feat freestyles from AZ and Special ED [w/ Killer Team].

I'll get those upped before a new week appears, but here's a non-WKCR special that should make ye chuckle.

It's Stretch on the BBC Radio One Rap Show with British Hip-Hop stalwart Tim Westwood. The first half is basically a banger. The second half has Stretch virtually silent, which is new to me. Stretch is almost silent cos the 2nd part of Tims show features a bunch of empty-headed MCs, aspiring to the NY mind-state a tad too much...

Some interestin discussions on this tape, including Stretch schoolin Timmy on how to record a 4 hour radio show, on anything other than a C60 cassette [25 mins in], as well as a mash of GZA Labels over Return of Crooklyn....

NB. Please remember that not all British Hip-Hop folk sound anything like the muppets on the mic check side...

DJ Stretch Armstrong on Westwood - Radio One Rap Show SIDE A 1995
http://www.mediafire.com/?1xj9c319u3830q6

DJ Stretch Armstrong on Westwood - Radio One Rap Show SIDE B 1995
http://www.mediafire.com/?bdg872qrzek4v5b

dirtywaters

Post by dirtywaters »

HecticEclectic

Post by HecticEclectic »

Verge wrote:
HecticEclectic wrote:
Chris_the_vinylist wrote:Many thanks for the new rips! Amazing stuff right here.
This rip sounds like it was recorded directly in the WKCR studio and not with a fm radio. Maybe WKCR wasn't (thanks of the antenna on the WTC north tower) difficult to receive on 89.9 fm in New York City in good stereo quality?
Wouldn't be surprised if this night was recorded in studio since it came from Eclipse..maybe on DAT from Stretch? I always recorded in mono vs stereo..seemed to be less hiss in playback.
WKCR had a pretty strong signal back then and if you were within a certain mile radius, the show came through crisp and clear for the most part.

Other shows were harder to get from where I was in jersey city, which is only right across the Hudson river from Manhattan. It used to kill me when I would listen to WNYU and have to do all sorts of moving the radio around the room, using aluminum foil and other shit, just to tape. WKCR had my favorite show, but WNYU had Natural Elements and Half A Mill on speed dial or something. They were always rippin shit up there and playing demos and promos and whatnot.

Yeah, sorry I never answered his question. I never taped in stereo for the same reason. From a DAT is possible.

I remember one of my fellow mellow neighborhood weed entrepreneurs was recording shows on some kind of MP3 or mini disc player back around 1996, I believe. He was able to record in very high quality but said he only had a certain amount of space so he'd wind up recording over older shows. I wonder exactly what he was using? He disappeared from the neighborhood even before I did so there's no way I could track him down for shows. I don't even know his last name.

And that NE freestyle session is crazy raw. Sounds like they brought in their own DAT of beats to rip on. Great shit. Thanks again Eclipse, Nes, Irish Craig and everyone else.
I think you're right..those beats were on DAT from Charlemagne...definitely one of the most underrated producers.

serch4beatz

Post by serch4beatz »

Chris_the_vinylist wrote:What the hell is this dope female rap "keep it flowing (?)" around minute 23 after a redman joint on the third part of the 3/1/95 rip?
http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=KgDFdtGZi ... re=related

DJ Eclipse

Post by DJ Eclipse »

I gotta say guys I'm impressed with your investigating skills. I mean the pic of my Muggs/Bill test pressing with just a piece of my tapes in the upper portion and you guys are trying to figure out the dates. lol. That had me dying. Anyway, I've read some of the older comments on this thread and figured I'd throw my two cents in. So here it goes.

In the beginning, the tapes we used to sell at Fat Beats of the show were dubs that either myself or Joe (owner) would make based on the master tape that Bobbito would give us every Friday the day after the show aired. Bob used to only record 1 x 90 minute tape of the show (up at the station). Then he would take all the freestyle portions from every show and once he filled up a 90 minute tape he would give us the freestyle "Best Of" master and we would dub and sell those.

That brings me to my next question which is how many of these uploaded shows are based off those tapes? Because it's only 90 minutes of a 240 minute show. Do you guys have show lengths for all the shows posted? I believe most of my shows are at least 3 hours. Some (few) are all 4 hours.

Quality. All my shows were recorded from home with the exception of the ones I DJ'd on which I recorded up there at the station (I believe I did around 15 or 20 shows give or take between 89.9 & Hot 97). I took my recording seriously so if there are any shitty uploaded recordings let me know and if I have them I'll try to re-up those in addition to the missing ones.

That's it. I admire what you guys are doing here and that's why I'm down to help out.

E

ps, next week I'll be posting a three part post on fatbeats.com/blog about Wild Pitch Records and one of the posts will be the Wild Pitch Extravaganza show up on KCR from 2-9-95.

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

Thanks, yeah, we're a little desperate for original air dates at this point, Stretch was supposed to get at us a while ago with a list of dates and that hasn't happened yet.

A lot of the shows are longer than an hour and a half, but a lot are smaller segments as well. It's a mix of everything really, including some purchased from Fat Beats or Footworks. Lotta pause tapes. We have some three plus hour shows. The only four hour full shows I can think of right now come from Stretch / Konstant Kontakt.

Any shows you have that are already up would almost certainly benefit from being ripped anyway, for duration and / or quality. Like this Rosie Perez / Natural Elements one you just posted for instance. We had that labeled as an unknown '94 show, had less of the actual show and it didn't sound nearly as good.

Not yet but as I go back through the duration / MP3 quality will be labeled for all the shows we have so far.

Pretty much all your shows that we have up could probably do with a (re-)ripping as well, though I'm only aware of the dates for three of those from KCR at the moment.

Thanks for all your help so far Eclipse, it's mad appreciated by a lotta heads.

I'll try to get a list of duration and quality added soon (unless someone else ups it first).
Last edited by TheBigSleep on Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andyman187

Post by Andyman187 »

works for me altho it seems the filename is too long and its not downloaded as mp3..i guess just adding .mp3 to the filename when downloaded will help..gotta try it out myself tho
Yes just rename the file to .mp3 and your good!

dirtywaters

Post by dirtywaters »

Eclipse, I have a list of the shows with running times. I'll send that over to you.

I think all those freestyle tapes were posted except volume 8

I remember a show with DJ Eclipse from March 1996
I think G-Poetic was the guest MC, lot of demos were
played on that show and Eclipse's set was dope

re-up
5-11-1995 (I think this is actually a november show)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I3RCYHPF

Krisch

Post by Krisch »

The Company Flow show, I think that turned out to be a Hot 97 show - Sunday, July 20th, 1997

Thursday, January 2nd, 1997

Here's the tracklist:

Side a

Large Pro - Get Off Da Bullshit
Busta Rhymes & Q - Tip - Wild Hot
Organized Konfusion - Soundman
Indelible Mc's - The Fire In Which Ya Burn
Saukrates Ft Common - Play Dis Rmx
Last Emperor - Secret Wars Rmx ?
Dr Octagon Porn Skit
The Cenubites - Slaves
Stak Chedda - Tony Randall Stop Jerking Off
Juggaknots - Genuine ?
KMD - What A Niggy Know Rmx
Cage - Radiohead (Different Lyrics then the Fondle em release)
O.C. - Word Life

Side b

Choclair - Just A Second
Phone Call Skit
Eric B & Rakim - As The Rhyme Goes On
De La Soul - This Is A Recording
Stretch On Guitar skit
Lord Sear - Alcoholic Vibes
Everlast - Syndication
KMD - Nitty Gritty
Eric B & Rakim - Musical Massacre
Freestyle Fellowship - My Fantasy
Dujeous - Cinematics
Ras Kass - Soul On ice Rmx
Siah & Yeshua Dapo Ed - No Soles Dopest Opus
?

Edit: re-uploaded:

http://www.mediafire.com/?dfedt9aeds3id9q
http://www.mediafire.com/?inpzd0u02q744qg
Last edited by Krisch on Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Verge

Post by Verge »

serch4beatz wrote:hmm on the end of the 1st part of the 1/1/95 show whats that song? with a xylophone sample that plays before group home supastar? shit is dope!
Latee - Brainstorm
It was on a 45 King EP, orange label with 45 King's face on it. I think Ho1ogramz told me there's two different versions of the record, one is more rare.
Then there was a re-issue a few years ago on a blue label.
I had just missed the og orange one for $30 at the old Sound Library location and then passed it up from some Japanese kid I used to see out diggin cause he wanted $60, said he was getting more on e-bay for it. I don't know how much it would go for now, probably between $80 and $120.(yeah, I just checked discogs and that's about the current price range over there)
Not the greatest record, but great just for that Latee track.
<object width="480" height="85"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n-YoiNbOhXE?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n-YoiNbOhXE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="85"></embed></object>
You can see the og label here and then see the blue re-issue pic:
http://www.discogs.com/45-King-For-DJs- ... ter/239185
Last edited by Verge on Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snitchel

Post by snitchel »

jamo609

Post by jamo609 »

DJ Eclipse has posted the wild pitch show on the fat beats blog http://fatbeats.com/blog/?p=559
This particular show (above) from February 9, 1995 has Serch & I bringing up the whole Wild Pitch roster which at that time was Swing & Bamboo, Jesse West, Total Pack, Foul Play & O.C. I guess neither one of us mentioned to Stretch or Bob just how many groups we were bringing (see first mic break). Itג€™s also fitting to post this now as this month marks 20 years since they started the now infamous show which has people across the world fiending for copies of old shows (see philaflava.com).
PT. 1 http://www.mediafire.com/?xlp6ic3mcrk33op

PT. 2 http://www.mediafire.com/?wb0ybd5hmz5q8ry

IRISH_CRAIG

Post by IRISH_CRAIG »

fatboybrandon wrote:Eclispe is probably like an un official 4th member of 89.9 Tech 9, I remember a show where he played nothing but demos and I was great, I still got it on tape.

Anybody got Old School Randy tapes that Bob played on the show?

Remember the dude who used to call up WKCR all the time with his girlfriend Anna from Woodside? There was one show where Bobbito was playing a bunch of his tapes during the CMFamalam era, t unfortunately since I was half asleep I only got this one part of a Roxanne Shante & Frukwan battle.

http://usershare.net/p5xkaqewoiyx

If you got any tapes please share
That Fruitkwan/ Shante is an NMS battle from 85
aleph wrote:Was it Randy or someone else that posted a shitload of old school rarities on a blog a while back? (I stumbled across it too late, every link was dead)

Edit: Nope, not OSR but Memory Man, where's he been? http://houseoftapes.blogspot.com/

HecticEclectic

Post by HecticEclectic »

Here is my edited Fuji 90 minute tape of 2.23.95..Only tape I got this night..Guests Big L, Jay-Z (tape flipped during the famous freestyle) & Funkdoobiest.

Side A
http://www.sendspace.com/file/hu32gv
Side B
http://www.sendspace.com/file/s2hx65

IRISH_CRAIG

Post by IRISH_CRAIG »

Apologies for rushin the tracklistin, I promised this 2 days ago.

The session on Side A is Special Eds merry band of Lo-Lifes and Fila rockin types, the Killer Team.

The session on Side B is Prince Power and Lord Sear freestylin and rhymin and messin around, and its the holy livin shit!

I had completely forgotten I had this, so sorry for leavin it so long.

DJ Stretch Armstrong Show featuring Bobbito the Barber on WKCR Thursday, June 15th, 1995 TAPE TWO

Side A - www.mediafire.com/?7qt2ny8f5e1c3t9

AZ - Your World Dont Stop
Bushwackass - Caught Up In The Game (IDed by Krisch)
Powerule - Rock Ya Knot Quick (IDed by Krisch)
Ten Thieves - Black Reign (IDed by Krisch)
Special Ed & Killer Team [Fi-Lo, Gucci Jones, Drigga Drew?] - Freestyle
[Special Ed on the decks?]
Special Ed - Freaky Flow
Special Ed - Lyrics
Special Ed Feat Bounty Killer - Just a Killa
Special Ed Shouts
Mad Skillz, Large Professor & Q-Tip - Extra Abstract Skillz
Crooklyn Dodgers - Return of the Crooklyn Dodgers

Side B - http://www.mediafire.com/?9vqg7sn2schdq65

Mobb Deep - Keeping It Real
Bobbito Talks to Prince Power
Powerule - Dawn to Dusk
GZA - Labels
Ol' Dirty Bastard - Harlem World
The Roots - Proceed V (Da Beatminerz Remix) (IDed by Krisch)
L-Swift - Check Da Style (IDed by Krisch)
Common - Resurrection Mix
Prince Powerule & Lord Sear - Freestyles & general muckin about

=====================

This is my tracklisting for TAPE ONE

Its virtually the same as the list you already have from the S&B blog. I take it, its already been shared right? My tape is in a different order, but its exactly the same songs, opening with Bobbitos pissy Dad after the Peurto Rican Day parade...

DJ Stretch Armstrong Show featuring Bobbito the Barber on WKCR Thursday, June 15th, 1995 TAPE ONE [Feat AZ]

Side A

Talk with Stretch & Bobbito and an inebriated Ramon Garcia [Bobbs' Pop]
Raekwon ג€“ Criminology
Mobb Deep ג€“ About to Get Hectic
Mad Skillz ג€“ Skillz in '95
Inspectah Deck ג€“ Let Me At Them
Notorious B.I.G. ג€“ Mr Cee Freestyle from MSG - [The Wickedest]
Junior M.A.F.I.A. ג€“ Player's Anthem
AZ ג€“ Sugar Hill
AZ ג€“ '95 Stretch & Bobbito Freestyle
Mobb Deep - Right Back at You
Finsta & Bundy ג€“ Bomb Shit

Side B

Mobb Deep - The Start Of Your Ending
Method Man ג€“ The Riddler
KRS-One ג€“ Ah Yeah (Remix)
Mobb Deep ג€“ Temperature's Risin'
AZ ג€“ Rather Unique
Grand Puba ג€“ Little of This
L Swift ג€“ How It's Goin' Down
Mic Geronimo ג€“ Masta I.C.
Heltah Skeltah ג€“ Let the Madness Begin
Special Ed - Neva Go Back
Rakim ג€“ I Get Visual
Last edited by IRISH_CRAIG on Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.