Strict Flow - Homegrown (1997; Pittsburgh, PA)

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

JustDuWitt

Strict Flow - Homegrown (1997; Pittsburgh, PA)

Post by JustDuWitt »

Strict Flow is a legendary hip-hop crew from Pittsburgh, PA. In fact, releases such as their "People On Lock" b/w "Radio" 12-inch and the <i>Without Further Ado</i> LP have helped to earn them props from hip-hop heads worldwide.

Strict Flow is made up of four artists, two emcees and two producers. The lead emcee is Masai, who is a lyrical heavyweight. He is assisted on the mic by Sied. Both emcees are in rare form, representing the true skool era of hip-hop. The production is handled by Chad Glick and E. Dan. For this album, they composed the laid-back, head-nodding boom bap that me and my a-alikes love. The scratches are handled by local favorite, DJ Selecta.

Although the group disassembled around 2004, they have each continued to have successful music careers. Masai is the lead emcee for Formula 412, a Pittsburgh band

Jaz
Ease Up

Re: Strict Flow - Homegrown (1997; Pittsburgh, PA)

Post by Jaz »

[quote="JustDuWitt"]Strict Flow is a legendary hip-hop crew from Pittsburgh, PA. In fact, releases such as their "People On Lock" b/w "Radio" 12-inch and the <i>Without Further Ado</i> LP have helped to earn them props from hip-hop heads worldwide.

Strict Flow is made up of four artists, two emcees and two producers. The lead emcee is Masai, who is a lyrical heavyweight. He is assisted on the mic by Sied. Both emcees are in rare form, representing the true skool era of hip-hop. The production is handled by Chad Glick and E. Dan. For this album, they composed the laid-back, head-nodding boom bap that me and my a-alikes love. The scratches are handled by local favorite, DJ Selecta.

Although the group disassembled around 2004, they have each continued to have successful music careers. Masai is the lead emcee for Formula 412, a Pittsburgh band

JustDuWitt

Post by JustDuWitt »

They actually have at least one, if not two or three, more that were released on tape. The one I know of is called Versus, I'm working on finding it. I'm gonna see Masai tomorrow night and ask him about it.

I Smell Like Un Kasa

Post by I Smell Like Un Kasa »

Much props! I have their last album "Without Further Ado" from '03, which is extremely dope. I've never even heard of this album, so I'm very interested in hearing how it sounds. Much thanks again!
Prepare yourself now for the six man wedding!

schenectadyfan

Post by schenectadyfan »

:ohsh: :cheers: :bow:

jamo609

Post by jamo609 »

:cheers:

Never heard this before and it really has some nice tracks on it. Thanks.