Question about Mr. Cee's best of Mobb Deep

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

paul_smith

Question about Mr. Cee's best of Mobb Deep

Post by paul_smith »

So I downloaded the mixtape and kept only the unreleased tracks and peeped them.And Mr. Cee seems to have great quality versions of more than a half of the songs from all of the mid 90s Mobb demos/bootlegs, but he has only leaked snippets.I checked it out and the bootleg/demo versions are twice longer (with the exception of Crime Connection O.G.).

So the question (rather stupid) is does he have the full versions and will we ever get to hear them if he does?

DJMIKENICE

Post by DJMIKENICE »

paul print out a list of the joints your looking for
that way wee can see what we may have in the stash
KING OF DA CRATES

WWW.VENOMRECORDS.COM

LOOKING FOR RARE TREATS AND GEMS
CHECK HERE
http://djmikenice.blogspot.com/

paul_smith

Post by paul_smith »

my bad, I should have done that in the first place

Patty Shop - this seems to be an updated version of Light Em Up from the demos/bootlegs

The Bridge '94 - perfect quality on the Cee tape, but it's only a minute long, while the actual song is a little over 5 minutes

(We About To Get) Hectic - 2:01 on the tape, 4:57 full song

Q.U. - 1:07 on the tape, full song is Keepin' It Real on the bootlegs, over 5 minutes

First Day Of Spring - as far as I know this has leaked in good quality, but the versions I have are still not clearer than Mr. Cee's version which is almost the full track (2:07/2:33)

Rep The Q.B.C. - like first day of spring, way better quality than the one on the Pre-Hell E.P. that's available around the net (2:11/4:08)

Everyday Gunplay - same as above (2:02/3:52)

serch4beatz

Post by serch4beatz »

well the pre hell ep is a bootleg too so soundquality aint great

also id like to know if hectic was ever released as a promo on wax or something?

ZiekeFons

Post by ZiekeFons »

yo paul dont know if you already checked the infamous archives..
Rep the QBC, First day of spring and Everyday gunplay are on there in "good" quality..

paul_smith

Post by paul_smith »

^^I haven't man, thanks for the info

paul_smith

Post by paul_smith »

It seems the versions of the songs on the Infamous Archives are just a tad bit better than the ones on Pre-Hell E.P., still far behind Mr. Cee's versions

DredScott

Post by DredScott »

a full, CDQ version of "Q.U." needs to be released. i been fiending for that for a very long time.

that's one of the best mobb joints ever made. i hope a second volume of the "The Infamous Archives" drops with these and other The Infamous... era demos.

Professor Piff

Post by Professor Piff »

serch4beatz wrote:well the pre hell ep is a bootleg too so soundquality aint great

also id like to know if hectic was ever released as a promo on wax or something?
I'd definitely like to know about "Hectic" as well. The only good version of it I know of is off a Stretch & Bob show. I need a quality version of this.

deerhunta

Post by deerhunta »

a vinyl release of those early Mobb demos would def. be appreciated. that pre-hell ep was alright but all of those joints have been out before on several bootlegs.

jazztomovethatass

Post by jazztomovethatass »

DredScott wrote:a full, CDQ version of "Q.U." needs to be released. i been fiending for that for a very long time.

paul_smith

Post by paul_smith »

question is, would Cee take the time and effort to release it?Since (as far as I could gather) he's the one who has the best sounding versions

panty_inspector

..;.

Post by panty_inspector »

not sure about what C has but yall need to check for the shows matt life and schott free done, they played a bunch of mobb deep demos/og versions i never heard before

serch4beatz

Post by serch4beatz »

i want the goddamn "hectic" version with the big payback break.. so so dope