Can I get some opinions on these 3 albums?

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

I Smell Like Un Kasa

Can I get some opinions on these 3 albums?

Post by I Smell Like Un Kasa »

So I found this great used CD store several blocks from my house, each CD is about $4-6, I just wanted to get some opinions on these albums before I purchase them this weekend. I`ve only heard a couple tracks off each, are they worth it?

&

kimani

Post by kimani »

oh my... these are right around that price range in terms of quality, maybe more 3-4 dollar range. But I'm sure you can find links to them if you want to take the time to do some full bore proper research. Which you probably don't.
"'Fuck this, fuck that' is my motto!"

I Smell Like Un Kasa

Your right Kimani I could definitely download each of these but I'd rather wait until I buy them to keep that element of suprise. Plus I trust the opinions of heads on the TROY forum more than anywhere else on the web when it comes to hip hop.
Prepare yourself now for the six man wedding!

jazzmatazz23

Post by jazzmatazz23 »

gravediggaz cd has a couple very excellent songs. a couple good, and about 10 wack. But it is worth it for those good songs

Soren

Post by Soren »

I think the Gravediggaz album is very dope.
Poetic & Frukwan really shine here without RZA & Prince Paul and do a great job on the production with help from True Master.

LL Cool J

Hip_Hop_Head_SF

Post by Hip_Hop_Head_SF »

I always feel that as long as an album has a few songs that I really like, then it's worth picking up even if the rest of the album is straight trash. Well, unless all of the songs I like come out on 12" singles.

I have over 2,000 original press CD's in my collection (and over 16,000 original press vinyls, mostly 12" singles). Of course I have a good amount of albums that overall are garbage, but have a few good songs making them worth owning.
The Wicked Takeover on MHz
90.1fm KZSU Stanford College Radio
Every 1st & 3rd Sunday 10pm-12am PST
Listen Online @ http://kzsu.stanford.edu
-Spinnin' REAL Muthafuckin Hiphop on Two
1200's & a Rane Mixer with All Original Wax!

Next Show: Sunday June 13, 2010 (6 Hour 100 bpm & up Hiphop Special with my man DJ B-Side 9pm-3am)

Dusty Fingers

Post by Dusty Fingers »

for 4-6 bills i would atleast grab the diggaz, and maybe Mr Smith if you want to fill out LL's catalog any time soon...
And if you're yelling out YOLO, I'm calling you a homo...

I Smell Like Un Kasa

Hip_Hop_Head_SF wrote:I always feel that as long as an album has a few songs that I really like, then it's worth picking up even if the rest of the album is straight trash.
Yeah I always felt the same way, especially if the album is at a reasonable price. Anyways, thanks for all the help you guys, Ive always heard mixed reviews about that Gravediggaz album but i`m looking forward to finally hearing it for myself. The only track I remember hearing was Burn Baby Burn, which was downright incredible.
Prepare yourself now for the six man wedding!

DJMIKENICE

Post by DJMIKENICE »

LL MR SMITH is worth it
KING OF DA CRATES

WWW.VENOMRECORDS.COM

LOOKING FOR RARE TREATS AND GEMS
CHECK HERE
http://djmikenice.blogspot.com/

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Buy the LL CD, there was some good tracks on that, download the Gravediggaz and the Lord Tariq and Peter Gunz.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Other than this...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8F-BFl4CAMI&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8F-BFl4CAMI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I cant remember anything good from that Mr. Smith album...what else was dope?

vaporized2

Post by vaporized2 »

make it reign and mr.smith are fairly mediocre in terms of mid-late 90s stuff - i.e. not bad.

couple of spins, but minimal replay value.

Tim Burton

Post by Tim Burton »

I would purchase the LL album for $4-6. It has some good tracks on it and is probably the most consistant of the three.

I didn't like the Peter Gunz & Lord Tariq album, just didn't click with me. I would pass on that CD.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

The Afronaut wrote:Other than this...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8F-BFl4CAMI&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8F-BFl4CAMI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I cant remember anything good from that Mr. Smith album...what else was dope?
"Hollis To Hollywood", "Doin It" (I'm a sucker for Grace Jones samples)
"No Airplay", "Hip Hop"

Hip_Hop_Head_SF

Post by Hip_Hop_Head_SF »

Jaz wrote:"Hollis To Hollywood", "Doin It" (I'm a sucker for Grace Jones samples)
"No Airplay", "Hip Hop"
^^^Word! But too bad "No Airplay" is a lame CLEAN version. I have no fuckin clue why a record company would do such a retarded thing. THANKFULLY they did release the Dirty Version on a rare promo 12" (which of course I have).
The Wicked Takeover on MHz
90.1fm KZSU Stanford College Radio
Every 1st & 3rd Sunday 10pm-12am PST
Listen Online @ http://kzsu.stanford.edu
-Spinnin' REAL Muthafuckin Hiphop on Two
1200's & a Rane Mixer with All Original Wax!

Next Show: Sunday June 13, 2010 (6 Hour 100 bpm & up Hiphop Special with my man DJ B-Side 9pm-3am)

STAM

Post by STAM »

Lord Tariq & Peter Gunz are wack ass hell......Gravediiiiiiiiiiiiiigaaaaaaaaz are pretty cool, solid album but Ladies Love Cool James own this list.....