A forgotten 12"- Ras Kass, Monch & Hi-Tek-Can you s

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

We really have to curb this blog self-promotion going on. It's okay for any TROY blog members to do it in the TROY forum. That makes sense but you can't be just dropping a link to your blog and thats it.

We have a blog thread where you can promote at will but to create new threads and ONLY have a link going to your site is uncalled for. Next time copy, paste the post INCLUDING the mp3 link and your blog link.

This should be something everyone can understand. We're not that unreasonable but we can't allow this forum to become a clutter fest.

sajr

Post by sajr »

Point taken Philaflava I will refrain from doing this in future and apologise for any hassle caused. I have put a link in the vinyl singles section, please delete this post when you get a chance.

stilltown

Post by stilltown »

Philaflava wrote:We really have to curb this blog self-promotion going on. It's okay for any TROY blog members to do it in the TROY forum. That makes sense but you can't be just dropping a link to your blog and thats it.

We have a blog thread where you can promote at will but to create new threads and ONLY have a link going to your site is uncalled for. Next time copy, paste the post INCLUDING the mp3 link and your blog link.

This should be something everyone can understand. We're not that unreasonable but we can't allow this forum to become a clutter fest.
When I made the thread yesterday about a Top 25 Hip-Hop Producers list that I'm doing on my blog, it got locked. I copy and pasted the exact article from my blog...
it wasn't just a simple link to the blog. So why was it locked? Just curious.

...and you might not be the one to ask, cause it was Thun who locked it.
But damn...

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I don't know PM the mod who locked it. I always provide reasons like I did in this thread. I just don't want TROY becoming a spam fest. I realize many of you have good intentions but I rather not the blatant promo threads.