German rap records featuring US artists

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Krisch

German rap records featuring US artists

Post by Krisch »

I just made a little compilation. If you're from Germany, you'll probably know most of this, as nothing on here is rare.

Let me know what you think.

http://www.zshare.net/download/7348166924e5c47d/

Walkinג€™ Large ג€“ When I Flow ft Jeru The Damaja (1995)
This rapper/producer duo from Wuppertal was one of the first German acts to have a US feature. Off their debut album ג€œRiverside Picturesג€. From what I heard, the song got some play on New York radio, but rapper O.N.O.ג€™s part was cut out, hehe

Spax ג€“ Popschutz (translated: ג€œPop preventionג€) prod. Showbiz (1998)
Spax became famous as one of Germanyג€™s best freestyle emcees, but never really managed to transcend it to wax. Call him the German Supernatural. ג€œPopschutzג€ is off his debut album ג€œPrivat (Style Fetisch)ג€ which for the most part was mixed by Eddie Sancho at D&D. This song was also recorded there and produced by Showbiz.

F

cicarista

Post by cicarista »

there are many many more, but the one i would definitly mention: spax & ll cool j - blink blink. that's a really good track. i think it ended up on spax's album. the year is around 2000, i think...

and also, even if i can't stand the man, but he specialzed in making german / english combos. dj tomekk...

Krisch

Post by Krisch »

cicarista wrote:there are many many more, but the one i would definitly mention: spax & ll cool j - blink blink. that's a really good track. i think it ended up on spax's album. the year is around 2000, i think...

and also, even if i can't stand the man, but he specialzed in making german / english combos. dj tomekk...
Blink Blink came out 2001, and later appeared on Spax's third album, which also had OC and Guru as guests.

You're right with Tomekk, but I don't like him either, and don't have no records from him, just one or two mixtapes I think

Mr. J Selectah

Post by Mr. J Selectah »

Massive Tone feat. Blahzay Blahzay "Rapgame", that's the shit...oh and don't forget DJ Desues algum, featuring artists like Sean Price, Buckshot, Nature, Afu-ra, Square One, among others...and i've always liked Kinzmen klick...
"You should let your man speak on your behalf, because when i let my blade slice, you'll just be half!"

vaginafinda

Post by vaginafinda »

kurupt from the dogg pound did like 6 or 7 songs wit different german rappers... kool savas, and a bunch of other weirdos..

Jaz
Ease Up

Re: German rap records featuring US artists

Post by Jaz »

[quote="Krisch"]I just made a little compilation. If you're from Germany, you'll probably know most of this, as nothing on here is rare.

Let me know what you think.

http://www.zshare.net/download/7348166924e5c47d/

This rapper/producer duo from Wuppertal was one of the first German acts to have a US feature. Off their debut album ג€œRiverside Picturesג€. From what I heard, the song got some play on New York radio, but rapper O.N.O.ג€™s part was cut out, hehe

Spax ג€“ Popschutz (translated: ג€œPop preventionג€) prod. Showbiz (1998)
Spax became famous as one of Germanyג€™s best freestyle emcees, but never really managed to transcend it to wax. Call him the German Supernatural. ג€œPopschutzג€ is off his debut album ג€œPrivat (Style Fetisch)ג€ which for the most part was mixed by Eddie Sancho at D&D. This song was also recorded there and produced by Showbiz.

F

shakeanjake

Post by shakeanjake »

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/srWz52wa2fg&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/srWz52wa2fg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
http://duffmancantbreathe.blogspot.com
Funk, hip hop, soul, psychedelic, reggae and blues reviews and downloads.

Mark 563

Post by Mark 563 »

[quote="Krisch"]
F

Blanco

Post by Blanco »

I'm glad you started this topic here - good place to pay attention to this :

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/APEIRONKINETIK

Another 2 producer team from Germany with guest raps by Rasco, El Da Sensei, Chip Fu, Grand Agent, Rusty Ps and others.
I gotta say - 80% of those beats are better than anything else out in 2009 - no wannabe JMT beats a la Snowgoons and other deutsch beatmakers - this is some serious "Soul Survivor" Pete Rock kinda / late 90s Beatminerz ish!
Hard heads are able to get it on CD as well - check it, check it!

Verge

Post by Verge »

[quote="Mark 563"][quote="Krisch"]
F

vaporized2

Post by vaporized2 »

Krisch wrote:

I read that the 2 mcs in walkin large were originally from US but relocated? dunno if that's true, I guess you're more likely to know than something I read anyway...but that first Walkin Large album is seriously good. their 2nd album 'Self' also has some decent tracks but also a lot of more commercial ones. thanks for this comp

Krisch

Post by Krisch »

vaporized2 wrote: I read that the 2 mcs in walkin large were originally from US but relocated? dunno if that's true, I guess you're more likely to know than something I read anyway...but that first Walkin Large album is seriously good. their 2nd album 'Self' also has some decent tracks but also a lot of more commercial ones. thanks for this comp
Walkin Large consisted of MC Ono and DJ/producer DJ Ara. Ono was born in South Africa and DJ Era was born in Eritrea. Both came to Germany at a young age.

Mark 563

Post by Mark 563 »

[quote="Verge"][quote="Mark 563"][quote="Krisch"]
F

vaporized2

Post by vaporized2 »

Krisch wrote:
vaporized2 wrote: I read that the 2 mcs in walkin large were originally from US but relocated? dunno if that's true, I guess you're more likely to know than something I read anyway...but that first Walkin Large album is seriously good. their 2nd album 'Self' also has some decent tracks but also a lot of more commercial ones. thanks for this comp
Walkin Large consisted of MC Ono and DJ/producer DJ Ara. Ono was born in South Africa and DJ Era was born in Eritrea. Both came to Germany at a young age.
thanks for the info, big up

Verge

Post by Verge »

Word, I wasn't positive about that Walkin Large info, thanks Krisch. And
no prob, Mark563, anytime.

lj

Post by lj »

you forgot dj tomekk (with ice-t i think). :rofl:

Krisch

Post by Krisch »

lj wrote:you forgot dj tomekk (with ice-t i think). :rofl:
I tried to forget him :)

however he had many features, GZA, KRS-One, Flavor Flav, Lil Kim, Serch, Shaq, Kurupt, Trigger, etc.

Krisch

Post by Krisch »

here's a little bonus:

The World Ain't Ready OG & RMX
http://www.zshare.net/audio/73698033d7d4fad0/
http://www.zshare.net/audio/73698200057aad78/

this was an international posse cut put out in 99 by 58 Beats, the label of Munich rap group Main Concept. Both songs are produced by Main Concept's Glammerlicious.

the line up is:
DV alias Khrist, Siba Giba (of the NY collective Get Open Crew), David Pe (Main Concept MC), Samy Deluxe (who was the hottest German MC at that time), Retsam (Nexx Level crew I believe) and Raptile, an English rapping guy from Munich who later went pop and in my opinion the weakest link here)

lj

Post by lj »

seriously though, you might want to add this one:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/up7ar_pc6-8&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/up7ar_pc6-8&hl=de_DE&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

collaboration between legendary german group l.s.d. and kaos (of court's in session fame).

Krisch

Post by Krisch »

Yeah Blitz Mob, the song also features Siba Giba and Eric IQ Gray.

Eric Gray is another one who relocated to Germany, Hamburg to be exact. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong: To my knowledge he was from Trenton, NJ and involved in early PRT, and also was running the Northside label..

FromTheWrongSide

Post by FromTheWrongSide »

Here is another compilation, originally compiled by onlyrealhiphop.blogspot.com :

[quote]Tracklist:
01. Roey Marquis II. - HipHop-Nachdenken
02. Sekou The Ambassador - The Reason I Write
03. KC Da Rookee - All Times Great (feat. Sean Price)
04. DCS - Von Cali nach K

rt7

Post by rt7 »

Soulbrotha - Collectors Item

(Producer Collabo from Germany)

www.soulbrotha.de

SimN

Post by SimN »

Sch

kartman

Post by kartman »

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSV_WSEAxQc]DJ Tomekk, Stieber Twins, Curse & GZA: Ich lebe f

serch4beatz

Post by serch4beatz »

kinda funny coz tomekk is the joke of german hip hop to be honest hehe

kartman

Post by kartman »

yeah, i know what he's into these days, it's a shame

but those tracks i mentioned before are heat!