HIP HOP HOLY GRAILS WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN SEARCHING FOR

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

thomasv

Post by thomasv »

RAZAH CUTZ wrote:Main Source - Breaking Atoms on Cassette
What?? I have this..

DJMIKENICE

Post by DJMIKENICE »

grimlok316 wrote:a reasonable doubt era jay-z track called THE HURT produced by no i.d..apparently its one of the best things he ever did,its the actual story of when he shot his brother,i asked ski about it on twitter & he said it was amazing

also,the smith bros (smooth & trigga) album,i heard some of it in 99 when a friend of ine was on tommy boy street team

lord have mercy lp as well..is this out there anywhere?

wow never knew about that Jay Z record

i had that smith bros album , my homegirl is dating Smooth let me see if i can get a hold of this again
KING OF DA CRATES

WWW.VENOMRECORDS.COM

LOOKING FOR RARE TREATS AND GEMS
CHECK HERE
http://djmikenice.blogspot.com/

Req

Post by Req »

Jay-Z - Don't You Know (original with the Nas diss verses - in any sort of listenable condition)
Nas - It Aint Hard to Tell (Large Pro alternate mix with the Lady in My Life riffs without Just Blaze shouting all over it)
Snoop Doggy Dogg - Long Beach is a Mothafucka (One of his first songs - "Lets take a trip back to '81")
F.U. MOOLAH

Verge

Post by Verge »

DJMIKENICE wrote:
grimlok316 wrote:a reasonable doubt era jay-z track called THE HURT produced by no i.d..apparently its one of the best things he ever did,its the actual story of when he shot his brother,i asked ski about it on twitter & he said it was amazing

also,the smith bros (smooth & trigga) album,i heard some of it in 99 when a friend of ine was on tommy boy street team

lord have mercy lp as well..is this out there anywhere?

wow never knew about that Jay Z record

i had that smith bros album , my homegirl is dating Smooth let me see if i can get a hold of this again
Wow, I never heard of this one in my life either. Hope you can find that one.

Hobus Maguire

Post by Hobus Maguire »

Freezy Pazzy wrote:
Hobus Maguire wrote:we put together some exclusive jointz that PRT had composed between 1996 and 2000 that we never put on any records. Alot of stuff is older music and some of it is newer music.
I always wondered if this "Lost tapes"-type project was the same thing they dropped in 2006 :

http://www.discogs.com/Poor-Righteous-T ... se/1609415
Nah, I have this already... It's got a completely different tracklist to "Declaration of Independence".

But I did get a bootleg PRT compilation called "The Median" which DOES have a couple of the tracks from DOI on it. Thanks to :phila: member siderealist for the link:
siderealist wrote:Never saw this full release...
This unreleased compilation has a few of those tracks and some others:

Poor Righteous Teachers - The Median

01 02:31 Losing My Religion
02 04:32 Allies Feat the Fugees
03 04:45 Just Live
04 04:43 Can You Feel it
05 04:34 I Swear Ta God
06 03:24 This Lie
07 03:43 That Shit
08 03:37 Incredibly

http://www.wydublog.com/2006/11/weekend ... ts_11.html
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OB0HBK88

http://house-of-boom.blogspot.com
http://rapidshare.com/files/320549947/P ... 01-FTD.zip

M A T L O C K

Post by M A T L O C K »

Young Zee- "How I Could Just Kill a Man". Wow.

Funny you said that. Been after this one for awhile. Heard it ONCE and never again.

Hobus Maguire

Re: HIP HOP HOLY GRAILS WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN SEARCHING FOR

Post by Hobus Maguire »

Jonny wrote:Back around 96 there was a rumor j-ro, aceyalone and saafir recorded a few tracks, an EP's worth. I'd like to hear that.
Never heard that. could be real dope.
Hip_Hop_Head_SF wrote:
DJMIKENICE wrote: LAST EMPEROR & B REAL track produced by Muggs for Emps album on aftermath that never dropped
My man DJ 3rd Rail out in Chicago has the promo CD of the whole album on Aftermath. I highly doubt he'd rip it though, he's not a mp3 kinda guy... dude is STRICTLY vinyl.

Hit him up and give it a shot... Dj3rdRail@gmail.com
:ohsh:
Is this for real? 'Cause someone should email this cat if it is.
DJMIKENICE wrote:i had that smith bros album , my homegirl is dating Smooth let me see if i can get a hold of this again
Would love to hear this shit also. :bow:
grimlock316 wrote:lord have mercy lp as well..is this out there anywhere?
According to the man himself:
SOME OF THE OLD SONGS FROM THE "UNGODLY HOUR" THAT WERE UNRELEASED, WILL BE AVAILABLE ON MY SITE WHEN I OFFICALLY LAUNCH IT.

WELCOME TO A BETTER WAY OF LIFE!!!!

SWORD & SHIELD

Posted by LORD HAVE MERCY on Thursday, August 10, 2006 - 5:41 AM
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse ... d=10214620

...However as that was posted 4 years ago I'm kinda doubtful about this one.

Also still hoping someone leaks that Rampage "Red Oktoba" album. :gyeah:

soopacee

Post by soopacee »

Aphillyation Tommy Boy LP
DV Aias Khrist Tommy Boy LP

fuck TOMMY BOY!
Just Because Something Is RARE, Doesnt Mean Its Good

Bad Ass Supastar

Post by Bad Ass Supastar »

Cuban Link featuring Fat Joe, Kool G. Rap, and Black Rob - Four Horsemen

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

DJMIKENICE wrote:Yes, that's it.
Damn, I was hoping there was more.
DJMIKENICE wrote:
grimlok316 wrote:The Smith Bros. (Smoothe & Trigger) album.
I had that Smith Bros. album, my homegirl is dating Smoothe, let me see if I can get a hold of this again.
Shit, I forgot about that one. Shoulda remembered to ask Smoothe and / or Trigger about that back when we interviewed them.

Big L ג€“ Demo Tape

ג€™92 four track demo tape that got him signed to Columbia (just before Nasty NaS later that day).

Big L ג€“ Devilג€™s Son (Original Version)

Where he says ג€œג€¦Iג€™m rollinג€™ with Satan, fuck Jesus Christג€¦ג€

Big L ג€“ Do You See Me?

The supposed first single that was supposed to drop in May of 2007, from what was tentatively titled Real Legends Never Die, now The Return of the Devilג€™s Son.

Lord Finesse ג€“ Set It Off Troop (Original Version) ft. Big L & A.G.

Recorded in ג€™92 for the Kid ג€˜N Play film Class Act, rejected by Warner Bros. because L wasnג€™t yet signed to a label.

Shyheim ג€“ Untitled ft. Big L & Smif-N-Wessun (Cocoa Brovas)

Shyheim told us that this was one of a couple lost and unfinished tracks that got recorded in ג€™97 along with Furious Anger.

Three the Hard Way / Two Hard Motherfuckers ג€“ Demos

1990 group consisting of Big L, Doc Reem and a guy named Rodney, discussed by Jewlz, director of Street Struck: The Big L Story.

(Diamond D said he has some ג€™92 Stunts, Blunts & Hip Hop era tracks featuring Big L and Lג€™s brother Don Ice says that: ג€œL did a lot of songs in other studios and they will get in trouble for releasing them without permissionג€. I assume some of those weג€™ll end up hearing through the new album though.)

These are just the Big L unreleased tracks and demos, not including the impossible video and (complete) radio show requests (or vinyl like The Big Picture Instrumentals LP) that Iג€™ll probably never get (or related material like Caged Fury, which I've talked about with both Bloodshedג€™s half brother Brian Armstead and Digga, who said he's still planning on dropping it when he finds the right way to release it).

skater4041

Post by skater4041 »

Definitely Bas Blasta - The Mouth That Roared

I keep listening to the "Ain't Whatcha Do" video on youtube and keep thinking that the beat playing in the background at the end is some sick Beatnuts track from the album.

Man, I wanna hear that...

IKH5150

Post by IKH5150 »

Wayne-O - 1999 vinyl

K-Funk

Post by K-Funk »

besides hundreds of albums and ep's i'm looking for, the most wanted one is without a doubt: MARKEY FRESH - ONCE AGAIN IT'S ON EP (around '93-'94).

i just got 1 track from it + those snippets from DWG. shit is out there, i know! share this one and i'm outta here :lol:

Bad Ass Supastar

Post by Bad Ass Supastar »

black rob - i love you baby (solo version without puffy on it)

Hobus Maguire

Post by Hobus Maguire »

Serial Rhyme Killers (B-Real, Mellow Man Ace AKA Willie Malo & Son Doobie) - Deluxe Rapture (Unreleased). This was apparently leaked in mp3 form on B-Real's website but the page no longer loads. Anyone got it?

Golden State Project (Xzibit, Ras Kass & Saafir) - Album remains unreleased. I have heard 1 or 2 tracks from it but I don't think the whole thing has leaked.

DJMIKENICE

Post by DJMIKENICE »

[quote="Hobus Maguire"]Serial Rhyme Killers (B-Real, Mellow Man Ace AKA Willie Malo & Son Doobie) - Deluxe Rapture (Unreleased). This was apparently leaked in mp3 form on B-Real's website but the page no longer loads. Anyone got it?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bo5FVLlKGK0&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bo5FVLlKGK0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
KING OF DA CRATES

WWW.VENOMRECORDS.COM

CHECK HERE

Hobus Maguire

Post by Hobus Maguire »

^Yeah, I got that High Times collection already, but the Serial Rhyme Killers had a full unreleased album called "Deluxe Rapture". Pretty sure it was leaked on B-Real's website but it no longer loads, can't find it anywhere else online.

kartman

Post by kartman »

I've been searching for an original cd copy of ador's "the concrete" and wiseguys' "in the company of killaz", a member of these boards has them both and he posted a pic on that "post a random pic of your record collection" thread. I was SOOOOOOO JEALOUS (i mean, armed robbery jealous style :P)

I've been looking for citizen kane's "deliverance" album but can't find it anywhere. Speaking of canadian hiphop, I've been searching for an original copy of the self titled corrupted nostalgia EP, if anybode has it please contact me.

The anonymous' "swells of abstract" is something i really want, too.

It's very difficult for anybody over here to find anything of the above, Greece isn't really the land of hiphop. Long live ebay :P

KITFUNK

Post by KITFUNK »

Hobus Maguire wrote:Serial Rhyme Killers (B-Real, Mellow Man Ace AKA Willie Malo & Son Doobie) - Deluxe Rapture (Unreleased). This was apparently leaked in mp3 form on B-Real's website but the page no longer loads. Anyone got it?

Golden State Project (Xzibit, Ras Kass & Saafir) - Album remains unreleased. I have heard 1 or 2 tracks from it but I don't think the whole thing has leaked.
Are the Golden State Warriors Western Hemisfear?

Bleach

Post by Bleach »

High Quality Mp3's of Kid Rocks July 1994 - March 1995 Bootleg EP cassettes.
Or the actual cassettes themselves if i had a job.
and Cages "Crazy Man Ahead" demo that got him signed to Columbia?
not too sure on that one
and Young Zee's How I could just kill a Man

Hobus Maguire

Post by Hobus Maguire »

KITFUNK wrote:
Hobus Maguire wrote:Golden State Project (Xzibit, Ras Kass & Saafir) - Album remains unreleased. I have heard 1 or 2 tracks from it but I don't think the whole thing has leaked.
Er... No.

Western Hemisfear = Vooodu!, Bird, Mykill Miers, Meen Green & Ras Kass

KITFUNK

Post by KITFUNK »

Hobus Maguire wrote:
KITFUNK wrote:
Hobus Maguire wrote:Golden State Project (Xzibit, Ras Kass & Saafir) - Album remains unreleased. I have heard 1 or 2 tracks from it but I don't think the whole thing has leaked.
Er... No.

Western Hemisfear = Vooodu!, Bird, Mykill Miers, Meen Green & Ras Kass
Oh, okay. Thanks. I was never really sure, my only exposure to them was from shouts by Ras.

Are there any unreleased WH tracks?

Hobus Maguire

Post by Hobus Maguire »

^ I don't think there are any unreleased tracks of WH as a group, but there's probably lots of unreleased stuff from the individual members.

KITFUNK

Post by KITFUNK »

Hobus Maguire wrote:^ I don't think there are any unreleased tracks of WH as a group, but there's probably lots of unreleased stuff from the individual members.
Oh. Well, would you happen to know if any stuff even got recorded? Also, I'm assuming this is around '94ish era?

And yeah, I've heard some solo songs by those members. I think I have a Vooodu EP (whose name seems to be slipping me at the moment) somewhere, meh, perhaps not...

Seen?

Post by Seen? »

thomasv wrote:
What?? I have this..
Yeah I'm wondering why Razah wanted these in cassette. I have the OGC record on tape. I'd be willing to sell it. I've got a lot of 90's mixtapes and other demo/rare shit on cassette. I still have a tape player in my car and I'm glad I do. A lot of the stuff I don't want to play anymore unless I rip it because if my tape player eats the thing it's game over.

This is a dope thread and I was getting all pumped up as I scrolled down (nh) the page but nothing has really been posted. Really good thread idea though. Grails. I'm baffled as to why RC wants the cassete versions of these songs. Yo Razah, what up? Paging.

Hobus Maguire

Post by Hobus Maguire »

KITFUNK wrote:
Hobus Maguire wrote:^ I don't think there are any unreleased tracks of WH as a group, but there's probably lots of unreleased stuff from the individual members.
Oh. Well, would you happen to know if any stuff even got recorded? Also, I'm assuming this is around '94ish era?

And yeah, I've heard some solo songs by those members. I think I have a Vooodu EP (whose name seems to be slipping me at the moment) somewhere, meh, perhaps not...
As far as I know, they only did these 2 songs (neither of which actually feature all group members):

Torch, Vooodu & Meen Green - "Bird's Eye View", True Sound Sampler (True Sound - 1992)
Key Kool & Rhettmatic feat. LMNO, Vooodu & Ras Kass - "E=MC5 (Bust the Scientifical)" Kozmonautz (Up Above Records - 1996)

(All info about WH can be found on Werner Von Wallenrod's site here:

http://wernervonwallenrod.com/Hemis_Fear.html)

The Voodu EP "Dark Regions" is pretty dope.

"E=MC5" can be found on the Philaflava blog here:

http://philaflava.blogspot.com/2009/08/ ... -1996.html

It's on "Ras Kass Non Album Tracks Vol. 1", but that track is actually corrupted in that folder. The link for that track is in the comments section, but I'll post it here for ya:

http://www.divshare.com/download/8252539-928

I don't have the other track, "Bird's Eye View" though.

If Western Hemisfear DID record any tracks as a full group that still remain unreleased, they would definitely be a holy grail for a lot of the members here.

:megaman:

RAZAH CUTZ

Post by RAZAH CUTZ »

Seen? wrote:
thomasv wrote:
What?? I have this..
Yeah I'm wondering why Razah wanted these in cassette. I have the OGC record on tape. I'd be willing to sell it. I've got a lot of 90's mixtapes and other demo/rare shit on cassette. I still have a tape player in my car and I'm glad I do. A lot of the stuff I don't want to play anymore unless I rip it because if my tape player eats the thing it's game over.

This is a dope thread and I was getting all pumped up as I scrolled down (nh) the page but nothing has really been posted. Really good thread idea though. Grails. I'm baffled as to why RC wants the cassete versions of these songs. Yo Razah, what up? Paging.
I'm only interested in albums...check ya PM's though....

DJMIKENICE

Post by DJMIKENICE »

D what are you looking for album wise on tape
i got a grip

GANGSTARR, ERIC B RAKIM, FATBOYS, LL COOL J, SLICK RICK etc
KING OF DA CRATES

WWW.VENOMRECORDS.COM

CHECK HERE

Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Hobus Maguire wrote:
KITFUNK wrote:

As far as I know, they only did these 2 songs (neither of which actually feature all group members):

Torch, Vooodu & Meen Green - "Bird's Eye View", True Sound Sampler (True Sound - 1992)
Key Kool & Rhettmatic feat. LMNO, Vooodu & Ras Kass - "E=MC5 (Bust the Scientifical)" Kozmonautz (Up Above Records - 1996)

(All info about WH can be found on Werner Von Wallenrod's site here:

http://wernervonwallenrod.com/Hemis_Fear.html)

The Voodu EP "Dark Regions" is pretty dope.

"E=MC5" can be found on the Philaflava blog here:

http://philaflava.blogspot.com/2009/08/ ... -1996.html

It's on "Ras Kass Non Album Tracks Vol. 1", but that track is actually corrupted in that folder. The link for that track is in the comments section, but I'll post it here for ya:

http://www.divshare.com/download/8252539-928

I don't have the other track, "Bird's Eye View" though.

If Western Hemisfear DID record any tracks as a full group that still remain unreleased, they would definitely be a holy grail for a lot of the members here.

:megaman:
Western hemisfear did three songs together that have leaked

"E=MC5" (This does feature meen green)
Take A Deep Breath
Take a Deep Breath (Remix)

Hobus Maguire

Post by Hobus Maguire »

Anthony wrote:Take A Deep Breath
Take a Deep Breath (Remix)
Oh yeah, forgot about those two. They're on the Soul On Ice demo, aren't they?