Songs scratched for Y Societys 'Travel At Your Own Pace' LP

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

8ks

Songs scratched for Y Societys 'Travel At Your Own Pace' LP

Post by 8ks »

ok here's the deal: regarding this ( http://www.djpremierblog.com/2010/05/05 ... og-contest ) recent competition on the djpremierblog, an idea sprung up in my mind: why not try and find out all the tracks that were scratched on the LP?

so here's what i've found out so far:

01 - INTRO

-

02 - THIS IS AN INTRODUCTION

Special Ed - Ya Wish Ya Could
Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Here We Go Again
Camp Lo - Luchini (This is it)
Defari - Never Lose Touch

03 - NEVER OFF (ON&ON)

DITC - Thick
Pete Rock - It's About That Time feat. Black Thought & Rob-O
Masta Ace - Me & The Biz
Youngstas - Mad Props
Shyheim - On & On (DJ Premier Remix)
Educated Consumers - In The Pocket

04 - HOLE IN YOUR POCKET

Grand Puba - Amazing
Redman - Rated R
Double XX Posse - Money Talks
Educated Consumers - In The Pocket

05 - THIS ADVICE

Wu-Tang Clan - C.R.E.A.M.
Heavy D & The Boyz - Peaceful Journey
Little Brother - The Listening

06 - GOOD COMMUNICATION

Leaders Of The New School - Time Will Tell
Royce Da 5'9 - Boom
Leaders Of The New School - Connections
Beastie Boys - Get It Together feat. Q-Tip
O.C. - Far From Yours
Common - The 6th Sense

07 - SCIENTIST

Jeru The Damaja - My Mind Spray
Mobb Deep - G.O.D., Pt. III

08 - DIZZY
-

09 - HOW MANY OF US?

Whodini - Friends

10 - PUZZLES

Organized Konfusion - Decisions
Eric B. & Rakim - Microphone Fiend

11 - WHAT'S NEXT

Lord Finesse - S.K.I.T.S.
A Tribe Called Quest - Oh My God
Craig G & Marley Marl - Dropping Science
Ghostface - Motherless Child feat. Raekwon

12 - IN COMMAND

Show & A.G. - Fat Pockets (Not sure which version)

13 - SETTING THE EXAMPLE

Jeru The Damaja - Come Clean
World Renown - How Nice I Am
Pete Rock & CL Smooth - T.R.O.Y.
Pete Rock & CL Smooth - Freestyle over beatbox before 'On And On' (on Mecca...Rob-O?)
Organized Konfusion - Stress (Large Pro Remix)
Def Squad - Full Co-Operation
Insight - Submit

14 - AT MY OWN PACE

Nice & Smooth - Sometimes I Rhyme Slow
Afu-Ra - Whirlwind Thru Cities
LL Cool J - Why Do You Think They Call It Dope?
LL Cool J - My Rhyme Aint Done
Ultramagnetic MC's - Traveling At The Speed Of Thought

15 - PEACE I'M OUT THE DOOR

Nice & Smooth - How To Flow

(16 - NEVER OFF (ON&ON) (INSIGHT REMIX) - Same as original)

17 - PARANOID (JAPANESE LP BONUS TRACK)

Educated Consumers - Nothing Without

this list is by far not completed, and i was hoping that you guys around here would participate in it.
So what do you think?

i thought about uploading a .zip when the comp is completed (as it gets), though all of you should have most of this.
if anybody is interested in any particular track say it loud, i will up it.

(and if anybody shouldn't have the LP, shame on you)
Last edited by 8ks on Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:00 pm, edited 12 times in total.

nojiveturkey

Post by nojiveturkey »

only can get one rite now

13 - SETTING THE EXAMPLE

Jeru The Damaja - Come Clean
(WAY more in this, but can't figure them out)

World Renown - How Nice I Am.
I dig the flaves

Requests
The Funk Farm - Pataphysical
The Funk Farm - The This Time Tape

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

Haven't heard the album in awhile. I came into this thread hoping for songs they didn't use for the album, but this should be fun too. I'll check it and try to add on.

8ks

Post by 8ks »

thinking of songs they didn't use i only know one, it was on the japanese edition of the LP as a bonus cut:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/itwjbimzwdy/19 - Y Society - Paranoid - Japanese LP Bonus Track.mp3

@ nojiveturkey: thanks, and i don't doubt it, but don't seem to hear it...which part was it that was sampled? :cheers:

Blanco

Post by Blanco »

Can you imagine that they recorded a whole album BEFORE that which Tres kinda rejected claiming that they did it too fast....?!?!?
According to Insight it was as dope as the follow up or should I say the official debut.
Now the wack part is that they was supposed to release that 1st album as well, but some french label they was messing with closed down or smth and now it seems that they have some inside "different opinions" regarding should they release that album or not....
Damu's beats are too dope - I hope he realizes soon that he needs to put out real hip hop albums with emcee rappin on his beats instead of those numerous instrumental projects he has done.....

Why am I writing this - the REAL reason is I heard they have finished the 3RD (yes, the third one already!) Y-Society project!
For some weirdest reason it seems they may start working on the 4TH one instead of releasing those 1ST and 3RD......
It beats me - those instrumentals are cool for what these are, but what's wrong with putting out those Y-Society albums !??!
These albums are finished / done - I really wish someone could make them realize what they should do with those - just put them out!
I mean artistry is cool and everything and musicians decide what they do with their work etc etc - but it makes no sense to try make new albums and not put out the finished work as dope as it is - can you imagine having 2 more albums like that in your collection, huh ?
...instead, they are trying to do smth "new".... It would be serious loss if those albums stay shelved, that's it.
People should do some campaign contacting Damu&Co about it - we want those albums, ha-haa

8ks

Post by 8ks »

i heard that too that they've got something in the vault, and i think they want to release it!
http://wonkabeats.blogspot.com/2009/12/ ... -time.html

Blanco

Post by Blanco »

That blog was written 6 months ago - now they have even taken down that "Ears Hears Spears" as coming soon....
And 6 months ago he was speaking about 3rd Y-Society album coming soon - now when it's recorded it's (off the record) more like a "let's try something new" which really makes me worried...

nojiveturkey

Post by nojiveturkey »

8ks wrote:thinking of songs they didn't use i only know one, it was on the japanese edition of the LP as a bonus cut:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/itwjbimzwdy/19 - Y Society - Paranoid - Japanese LP Bonus Track.mp3

@ nojiveturkey: thanks, and i don't doubt it, but don't seem to hear it...which part was it that was sampled? :cheers:
2:20
I dig the flaves

Requests
The Funk Farm - Pataphysical
The Funk Farm - The This Time Tape

8ks

Post by 8ks »

thanks, now i got it. will update the list

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

8ks wrote:thinking of songs they didn't use i only know one, it was on the japanese edition of the LP as a bonus cut:

8ks pretty sure that first vocal sample on "Paranoid" is Educated Consumers.
also Educated Consumers "In The Pocket" on "Hole In Your Pocket" the vocal sample at the end.

I swear that gruff voice saying "How Many" is King Sun...hmmmm I don't think it's Nine.
Last edited by Jaz on Fri May 21, 2010 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

8ks

Post by 8ks »

you are damn right, and you know what, that song was also sampled for Never Off. i guess damu likes it somehow

on paranoid - which track do you think it is?

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

8ks wrote:you are damn right, and you know what, that song was also sampled for Never Off. i guess damu likes it somehow

on paranoid - which track do you think it is?
I will have to get back to you on that one 8ks.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Raekwon-Motherless Child is on "What's Next" ("Read The Headlines")
Last edited by Jaz on Fri May 21, 2010 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

damn you 8ks... :lol: ...you have got me started now

Setting The Example

Pete Rock & CL Smooth-T.R.O.Y.
That "Now we set an example" line is from a freestyle of the Pete Rock & CL Smooth-Mecca and The Soul Brother album
Def Squad-Full Co-Operation ("And aint no half steppin"...)
Organized Konfusion-Stress (Remix) ("Cause I can't relate to living less than great")
pretty sure that is Insight sampled on "While Ya Fakin Jamaican..."
Sounds like there is Digable Planets in there.

At My Own Pace

Old school track...I know it...but can't remember who it is.

LL Cool J-Why Do You Think They Call It Dope? ("All of these words with only one tongue"/"Now you thought that was hard, I just begun")
LL Cool J-My Rhyme Aint Done ("My Rhyme Aint Done")
Ultramagnetic MC's-Traveling At The Speed Of Thought ("Traveling Hard"/"I'm Traveling")
Insight ?

Peace I'm Out The Door

There is Big Pun, Gang Starr, Pete Rock & CL Smooth, Digable Planets, Stetsasonic, Mad Skillz and the last vocal sample is People Under The Stairs.
Last edited by Jaz on Fri May 21, 2010 9:40 am, edited 4 times in total.

8ks

Post by 8ks »

yeah, insight is sampled on at my own pace as well a few times. will listen through my insight material over the weekend.
and thanks for the input!

would you hook me up with those LL joints?
also my collection seems to miss the 'Stress' VLS with the Remix on..
updated the list

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Either Insight or Damu really loved that Educated Consumers album (they should it's dope.)

Educated Consumers-Nothing Without ("Conspiracy theories gotta love em really")

8ks

Post by 8ks »

gimme a break :D

also
updated the list

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

8ks wrote:gimme a break :D

also
updated the list
Organized Konfusion - Stress VLS(1994)

Code: Select all

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LDA4DYJH 
A1 Stress (Clean Version)
A2 Stress (Album Version Edit)
A3 Stress (Instrumental)
B1 Stress (Large Professor Remix Clean)
B2 Stress (Large Professor Remix)
B3 Keep It Koming

LL-Cool J-Bigger and Deffer LP (1987)

http://rapidshare.com/files/93388219/1987_-_Bigger_And_Deffer.rar
LL-Cool J-Walking With a Panther LP (1989)

http://rapidshare.com/files/93444678/1995_-_Walking_With_a_Panther.rar

8ks

Post by 8ks »

thanks man! bigger and deffer link was down, but i found another :cheers:

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

8ks wrote:thanks man! bigger and deffer link was down, but i found another :cheers:
no problem and glad you found another link.

8ks

Post by 8ks »

Jaz wrote:
Organized Konfusion - Stress VLS(1994)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LDA4DYJH 
A1 Stress (Clean Version)
A2 Stress (Album Version Edit)
A3 Stress (Instrumental)
B1 Stress (Large Professor Remix Clean)
B2 Stress (Large Professor Remix)
B3 Keep It Koming
word, i never knew there was a version of stress without the talking in the middle! it always kept me from listening to it.

jay

Post by jay »

Jaz wrote:Either Insight or Damu really loved that Educated Consumers album (they should it's dope.)

That's DC related .... Damu started out producing for a kid named Flex Matthews and they would do open mics and other shows with Educated Consumers.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

jay wrote:
Jaz wrote:Either Insight or Damu really loved that Educated Consumers album (they should it's dope.)

That's DC related .... Damu started out producing for a kid named Flex Matthews and they would do open mics and other shows with Educated Consumers.
:cheers: Thanks for the info.

8ks

Post by 8ks »

Jaz wrote:
jay wrote:

:cheers: Thanks for the info.
yes, appreciated!

Hip_Hop_Head_SF

Post by Hip_Hop_Head_SF »

Blanco wrote:Damu's beats are too dope - I hope he realizes soon that he needs to put out real hip hop albums with emcee rappin on his beats instead of those numerous instrumental projects he has done.....

I mean artistry is cool and everything and musicians decide what they do with their work etc etc - but it makes no sense to try make new albums and not put out the finished work as dope as it is - can you imagine having 2 more albums like that in your collection, huh ?
...instead, they are trying to do smth "new".... It would be serious loss if those albums stay shelved, that's it.
People should do some campaign contacting Damu & Co about it - we want those albums, ha-haa
I agree 100%!! And I first found out about Damu in 2003/2004 when this 12" test press of Flex Matthews fell into my hands. I loved the beats!! I've been lookin out for anything Damu related since. Always have been an Insight fan as well. Can't wait for more Y Society albums!!!
The Wicked Takeover on MHz
90.1fm KZSU Stanford College Radio
Every 1st & 3rd Sunday 10pm-12am PST
Listen Online @ http://kzsu.stanford.edu
-Spinnin' REAL Muthafuckin Hiphop on Two
1200's & a Rane Mixer with All Original Wax!

Next Show: Sunday June 13, 2010 (6 Hour 100 bpm & up Hiphop Special with my man DJ B-Side 9pm-3am)

8ks

Post by 8ks »

Hip_Hop_Head_SF wrote: I agree 100%!! And I first found out about Damu in 2003/2004 when this 12" test press of Flex Matthews fell into my hands. I loved the beats!! I've been lookin out for anything Damu related since.
any chance you would share some of this? i would gladly appreciate, never heard of it before.

Hip_Hop_Head_SF

Post by Hip_Hop_Head_SF »

8ks wrote:
Hip_Hop_Head_SF wrote: I agree 100%!! And I first found out about Damu in 2003/2004 when this 12" test press of Flex Matthews fell into my hands. I loved the beats!! I've been lookin out for anything Damu related since.
any chance you would share some of this? i would gladly appreciate, never heard of it before.
I have to assume that shit has been uploaded online on someone's Blog somewhere, but if that's not the case, then yeah I'll convert it and upload it. I only have it on vinyl. I don't really fuck with mp3's.
The Wicked Takeover on MHz
90.1fm KZSU Stanford College Radio
Every 1st & 3rd Sunday 10pm-12am PST
Listen Online @ http://kzsu.stanford.edu
-Spinnin' REAL Muthafuckin Hiphop on Two
1200's & a Rane Mixer with All Original Wax!

Next Show: Sunday June 13, 2010 (6 Hour 100 bpm & up Hiphop Special with my man DJ B-Side 9pm-3am)

8ks

Post by 8ks »

Hip_Hop_Head_SF wrote:
8ks wrote:
I have to assume that shit has been uploaded online on someone's Blog somewhere, but if that's not the case, then yeah I'll convert it and upload it. I only have it on vinyl. I don't really fuck with mp3's.
i didn't find it on the net so i would be thankful if you upload it, cause i fuck with mp3's, as the music which reaches my ear is all what matters to me, whereever it comes from. :gyeah:

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

8ks wrote:
Hip_Hop_Head_SF wrote:
8ks wrote:
i didn't find it on the net so i would be thankful if you upload it, cause i fuck with mp3's, as the music which reaches my ear is all what matters to me, whereever it comes from. :gyeah:
Oh do NOT get Hip_Hop_Head_SF started... :lol:

dubs

Post by dubs »

I did a quick google search, and couldnt find a link for this album. I've never heard it, anyone wanna help out with a link, please? Thanks in advance.
Employee wrote:dubs being the West Coast's ric, his thug is bonafide and justified.