Prince Paul Presents Horror City

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

illest

Post by illest »

this is from prince paul... This Tuesday I am starting a small campaign of FREE downloads of my unreleased and limited release material. Why let it go to waste .The first release will be a Demo of Horror City 1995 . Its one of the few projects that I thought was really great but didnt get signed. So this Tues the 22nd I will post the link on here... and twitter so please share. Peace to the guys in Horror city for all of their help and talents

hail the prince.....its time for other producers to do the same

Verge

Post by Verge »

illest wrote:this is from prince paul... This Tuesday I am starting a small campaign of FREE downloads of my unreleased and limited release material. Why let it go to waste .The first release will be a Demo of Horror City 1995 . Its one of the few projects that I thought was really great but didnt get signed. So this Tues the 22nd I will post the link on here... and twitter so please share. Peace to the guys in Horror city for all of their help and talents

:cheers:

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

guys if anybody still has trouble with dl or unzipping, i extracted the songs and made a new zip file and reupped

http://www.mediafire.com/?0xkh3riewyn
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

cenzi

Post by cenzi »

Verge wrote:
illest wrote:this is from prince paul... This Tuesday I am starting a small campaign of FREE downloads of my unreleased and limited release material. Why let it go to waste .The first release will be a Demo of Horror City 1995 . Its one of the few projects that I thought was really great but didnt get signed. So this Tues the 22nd I will post the link on here... and twitter so please share. Peace to the guys in Horror city for all of their help and talents

wasn't that was Gold Dust was about? I wanna hear some old Stet stuff...

Freezy Pazzy

Post by Freezy Pazzy »

drizzle wrote:guys if anybody still has trouble with dl or unzipping, i extracted the songs and made a new zip file and reupped

http://www.mediafire.com/?0xkh3riewyn
Thanks a lot man, I was looking for this since yesterday. :cheers:

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

hope that works, if you still have issues we can try again with other hosts
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Freezy Pazzy

Post by Freezy Pazzy »

Nah that's perfect, this time it worked!

Thanks again.

Verge

Post by Verge »

http://philaflava.blogspot.com/2010/06/ ... -city.html

I did a little something on this real quick for the blog. Not a real review since I only listened once so far, but a few notes that I probably already mentioned most of here.

illest

Post by illest »

track 5 is the count macula interlude on the album.....special ed talking over it

Verge

Post by Verge »

illest wrote:track 5 is the count macula interlude on the album.....special ed talking over it
Okay, word, now I know what you were talking about. Sorry I didn't look into that before the blog post but good ear on shit, illest.

Bigg Boss Luciano

Post by Bigg Boss Luciano »

aREAL wrote:Pure dope. No words!!
soopacee wrote:'95 is the best year ever
Amen!

vaporized2

Post by vaporized2 »

nice, been wanting to hear this since it was mentioned in the Gold Dust liner notes. the track Sha Of Horror City is on that comp, but not the rest

kartman

Post by kartman »

thanks!!!!!!!

Odnet

Post by Odnet »

Good production. Not sure how I feel about the emceeing yet...very spotty.

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

yo i cannot wait to download this. i remember furiously scouring the net for information about this when it came out. thanks for helping out with the upping of this!

Bring Back The Tempo

Post by Bring Back The Tempo »

Ridiculous album. Bumped it all day today.
Quinton of Pharcyde fame is the one who started the "I'm not a rapper" trend.

Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Thanks!!! Bumping right now, this is fucking dope!

mishk

Post by mishk »

Album is dope 15 years later on and its still 99% better than whats being released right now

aREAL

Post by aREAL »

mishk wrote:Album is dope 15 years later on and its still 99% better than whats being released right now
As with everything else that was released 15 years ago?

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

:cheers: hell yeah.

Versive

Post by Versive »

AFter this, I can't even begin to imagine what he's gonna drop next.

madtapes

Post by madtapes »

The internet is fucking awesome.

Verge

Post by Verge »

Odnet wrote:Good production. Not sure how I feel about the emceeing yet...very spotty.
I like Big Sha's rhyme style and another one of them is pretty decent, but one of them sounds almost identical to Big Shug, and that isn't really a good thing.
But I'm definitely digging this. Been bumpin it for a few days now and its not really wearing on me much at all. Definitely hope Paul brings more shit like this to the internets soon.

shakeanjake

Post by shakeanjake »

aREAL wrote:http://rapidshare.com/files/401799236/h ... -_1994.rar

their 1994 release if some people are interessted
is this prince paul as well?

wordbooty

Post by wordbooty »

THANK YOU!!!!

Machiventa

Post by Machiventa »

shakeanjake wrote:
aREAL wrote:http://rapidshare.com/files/401799236/h ... -_1994.rar

their 1994 release if some people are interessted
is this prince paul as well?
He must have something to do with it if it features Resident Alien. I'm guessing this 12 inch was the only release from Paul and Superstar until this new new demo came out.

Verge

Post by Verge »

http://philaflava.blogspot.com/2010/08/ ... -demo.html
The joints that had different beats than the Prince Among Thieves LP are being pressed up on an EP for $25 a copy. Just a heads up if anyone is interested. If so, you should get right on that cause this is Prince Paul and will probably actually sell out. 375 copies, the first 75 are colored wax. won't ship til October though. Thanks to Ho1ogramz for giving me a quick heads up about this all. :cheers:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Finally a reasonable price on limited vinyl. Kudos.

aREAL

Post by aREAL »

Philaflava wrote:Finally a reasonable price on limited vinyl. Kudos.
Word up! I'm copping this.

Ho1ogramz

Post by Ho1ogramz »

Verge - Co-sign your blog post about $80 limiteds coming to an end. This is truly a great sight to see as an avid vinyl collector with a ever-shrinking budget at my side.

This year we have seen No Sleep Recordings cut down their price in half! From $80 to $40 with the new GD and Nick Wiz 2XLP.

A new Milwaukee label called Dope Folks has emerged with a remastered Mixmasta D "Turntable Scientist EP" Reissue with 3 bonus tracks at a price of $20. (Limited to 300.)

Six 2 Six has done their part and continue to with their 15 bucks a pop Constant Deviants 12". And Street Orchestra in conjunction with Six 2 Six with their Sparrow release for $25. Although the Lord Digga was a disappointment in many of our eyes, it was still a good gesture at $8.

Now add this Chopped Herring release to the list. The last SOB Pandemonium EP was priced at $45, so that means they managed to cut down their price for this Horror City EP by $20. They also stepped it up a bit more by doing colored vinyl for the first 75 orders (which has sold-out as of this morning, but the standard black is still up for grabs). I feel rewarding the first set of orders with colored wax/custom art/signed sleeves is a nice idea - adds another layer of excitement/novelty to the release. It's something that DWG have been utilizing for a while now.

It's a dope thing. Cheers to vinyl heads worldwide and all the limited labels doing their part (even the ones I haven't mentioned - I was just pointing out labels that have decreased their pricing as of late or kept it unusually low). Albeit it's a niche market, creating a more affordable one means more people can get a piece of the pie and vinyl will stay alive and well for future generations.

Hopefully the lowering of prices don't mean less quality, though... :lol: Also, there are certain key factors that determine pricing that we don't really acknowledge or are kept under wraps, such as - how much do the actual artist(s) want in return? I'm sure each deal varies through-out... so that's something to consider...