Q-Tip ft Busta Rhymes - For The Nasty (Pete Rock Blend)

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

djfilthyrich

Q-Tip ft Busta Rhymes - For The Nasty (Pete Rock Blend)

Post by djfilthyrich »

Q-Tip ft Busta Rhymes - "For The Nasty (Filthy Blend)"

I always thought this track would've sounded better with a more 'organic', ATCQ-type of beat (wasn't really a big fan of the original Pharrell beat). This bouncy instrumental from Pete Rock fit my vision perfectly

Just DM me if you want a download link

WiCkEd22

Re: Q-Tip ft Busta Rhymes - For The Nasty (Pete Rock Blend)

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Sounds dope, but as ALWAYS you RUIN IT with that lame "Filthy Rich" corny ID bullshit. Get over yourself, dude. JFC! smh

djfilthyrich

Post by djfilthyrich »

WiCkEd22 wrote:Sounds dope, but as ALWAYS you RUIN IT with that lame "Filthy Rich" corny ID bullshit. Get over yourself, dude. JFC! smh
Wow. You sound BIG mad. Spark one and relax. You're the only one who complained (again). It's not about 'getting over myself'....it's about building a recognizable brand. Think of it more like how Just Blaze etc mark their productions, so that when ppl hear them, they instantly recognize the brand. I'm not yelling over the track....I've placed a rhythmic ID that syncs with the beat, and is mixed at a level in line with the music (not like Kay Slay when you blow out your ear drums). I'm also not placing it to cover up crucial parts of a track....I drop it in inconspicuous parts (usually just the intro). If you let a 2-second sound effect ruin the other 180 seconds, that's your mental issue that you need to get over (I know this because I used to be like you, then I realized it wasn't that serious)

Pete cosigned it though, so if it's good enough for soul brother #1, it should be good enough for most :gyeah: :lol:

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

SMH

Your "brand". Ok, dude... jfc!

How's about you make a "blend" just because you want to make somethin dope not cuz of your "brand". I've made some "blends" myself and don't give a flying fuck if someone wants to claim it as theirs or if someone doesn't give me credit. I know I made it and that's all that fuckin matters.

djfilthyrich

Post by djfilthyrich »

WiCkEd22 wrote:SMH

How's about you make a "blend" just because you want to make somethin dope not cuz of your "brand". I've made some "blends" myself and don't give a flying fuck if someone wants to claim it as theirs or if someone doesn't give me credit. I know I made it and that's all that fuckin matters.
Why are you always disgruntled?
I think you're confusing receiving credit with branding. An example of branding at work is when people hear it and like it enough, they associate your name with 'quality', and come to find what else you have put out. FYI that 'Filthy Rich' echo has been my signature ID since the early days. At the end of the day, it's about brand recognition, and driving traffic to your work. If you don't like it, the solution is simple....don't listen.

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

djfilthyfag wrote:

I think you're confusing receiving credit with branding. An example of branding at work is when people hear it and like it enough, they associate your name with 'quality', and come to find what else you have put out. FYI that 'Filthy Rich' echo has been my signature ID since the early days. At the end of the day, it's about brand recognition, and driving traffic to your work. If you don't like it, the solution is simple....don't listen.
You sound like one of those millennial influencer type faggots... smh

step one

Post by step one »

You sound like an angry bitter dude with too much time on your hands. Don't you have some IPAs to photograph and catalogue?
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

djfilthyrich

Post by djfilthyrich »

WiCkEd22 wrote:
djfilthyrich wrote:

You sound like one of those millennial influencer type faggots... smh
LOL! I'm probably older than you, and not an influencer by any means. I used to be a music marketing manager in a past job, so I actually do know what I'm talking about. You on the other hand...

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

djfilthyfag wrote:
WiCkEd22 wrote:
djfilthyfag wrote:

I think you're confusing receiving credit with branding. An example of branding at work is when people hear it and like it enough, they associate your name with 'quality', and come to find what else you have put out. FYI that 'Filthy Rich' echo has been my signature ID since the early days. At the end of the day, it's about brand recognition, and driving traffic to your work. If you don't like it, the solution is simple....don't listen.[/qou w influencer type faggots... smh
LOL! I'm probably older than you, and not an influencer by any means. I used to be a music marketing manager in a past job, so I actually do know what I'm talking about. You on the other hand...
I know you're not an influencer, I said you SOUND like one... *shrugs*

And I never said you didn't know what you were talkin about.

step son wrote:You sound like an angry bitter dude with too much time on your hands. Don't you have some IPAs to photograph and catalogue?
LOL Too much time on my hands? I barely post or browse here anymore or anywhere. And nah, not angry or bitter. I just find guys like Filthy fAG annoying as fuck. Yeah his "ID" nonsense it 50x better then J-Love and guys like that, but it's still wack. *shrugs*

Fritz

Post by Fritz »

I hope ughh forums will come back soon, that's where these kinds of threads are/were more regular