All New Limited & Re-Issued Releases

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Debonair_P

Re: All New Limited/Re-Issued Releases (post them here)

Post by Debonair_P »

^ That Global Platoon is a pretty good deal seeing as it comes with a bonus 7" and all...

Verge

Post by Verge »

So, since there was so many complaints about price, Six2Six issued immediate refunds and took everything down. But at least they're not gonna be herbs about it and take their ball and go home so nobody can play. They will be announcing this again soon hopefully with lower prices. Even though the prices were in today's unreleased market price range, funny how things work in the limited world.

Verge

Post by Verge »

I saw they were offering the Global and Sparrow LPs on cassette also. Here's hoping for CDs!

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

I bet the Sparrow album is quality - still I would have waited for the rip. 65 (or was it 56?) bucks is too much - especially when more than half the tracks are known already.

Everything is in crisis...

I d put 100 down for a Kamakaze / World Renown set (4xLP) without the blink of an eye though.

MAAARLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNN!? haha

And we should all as one buy Skater one for being fucked over with the promo tape. (rather bad quality)

If Marlon can't settle he should do a Prince Paul and put them on the web for free. I mean the Horror City release is grade A material.

diggy64

Post by diggy64 »

Verge wrote:So, since there was so many complaints about price, Six2Six issued immediate refunds and took everything down. But at least they're not gonna be herbs about it and take their ball and go home so nobody can play. They will be announcing this again soon hopefully with lower prices. Even though the prices were in today's unreleased market price range, funny how things work in the limited world.
This pushback is a good thing. For most of us it's not about having a record we expect to be worth $300 in five years, we just want a damn copy for ourselves. This community (not the baby blue) is so screwed up it is hard to draw a line in the sand.

Verge

Post by Verge »

^Stiefl, pretty sure i seen someone at DWG say they have a rip of the album so it could be soon it gets released. Probably herring or dwg. It definitely will one day if you ask me though, I'm not as interested in it as everyone else but i'd still like to hear it and probably cop it.
diggy64 wrote:
Verge wrote:So, since there was so many complaints about price, Six2Six issued immediate refunds and took everything down. But at least they're not gonna be herbs about it and take their ball and go home so nobody can play. They will be announcing this again soon hopefully with lower prices. Even though the prices were in today's unreleased market price range, funny how things work in the limited world.
This pushback is a good thing. For most of us it's not about having a record we expect to be worth $300 in five years, we just want a damn copy for ourselves. This community (not the baby blue) is so screwed up it is hard to draw a line in the sand.
True indeed.

Architek

Post by Architek »

Hell yeah. Double LP with only 12 tracks (could've easily been 16), 9 of them previously available, no Physics remix, $65 which is actually almost $90 for Europe, ironically released on Record Store's day (when everything else will be discounted), while others release LP's for $20 (ask Debonair). The only reason i was gonna buy it is because 4/20 is my birthday and was easier for me to say 'fuck it - let's get a bag of weed too and make it a triple celebration'. Other than this, sometimes i feel some people are baldly treating us like sheep. And for this i blame all those record collectors who aren't music lovers, to them i believe the whole thing is no different than collecting car miniatures or sth. Fuck you very much.

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

^Stiefl, pretty sure i seen someone at DWG say they have a rip of the album so it could be soon it gets released. Probably herring or dwg. It definitely will one day if you ask me though, I'm not as interested in it as everyone else but i'd still like to hear it and probably cop it.
In my opinion the 2 Singles are dope. Honor Kenny Lou...might be his best work. I d like to have a physical copy from the masters though. CH dude said Marley wants too much $. I actually like the early QB sound like PHD and Kamakaze a lot. Bridge 95 is also the best remake.

All I can do is to look at the tracklist and wonder how it sounds. Poet said he ain't got it but they try to...

Debonair_P

Post by Debonair_P »

Architek wrote:
Hell yeah. Double LP with only 12 tracks (could've easily been 16), 9 of them previously available, no Physics remix, $65 which is actually almost $90 for Europe, ironically released on Record Store's day (when everything else will be discounted), while others release LP's for $20 (ask Debonair). The only reason i was gonna buy it is because 4/20 is my birthday and was easier for me to say 'fuck it - let's get a bag of weed too and make it a triple celebration'. Other than this, sometimes i feel some people are baldly treating us like sheep. And for this i blame all those record collectors who aren't music lovers, to them i believe the whole thing is no different than collecting car miniatures or sth. Fuck you very much.
Obviously, not everyone has $65 to spend on a record and I understand people being frustrated about not being able to afford something they want. BUT I feel the pricing is pretty consistent with most of the other ltd. labels in the marketplace. Most single LP's on the limited tip are around the $30 - $50 mark, some with picture covers and some without (not to mention just a couple years ago when we were paying $80 for a single LP in a sticker sleeve). The printing costs for doing picture covers (especially gatefolds) on limited releases push the manufacturing prices up a LOT - also the costs of pressing a 2lp are pretty much the same as pressing 2 individual lp's so I think the higher price is justified (especially with pressing prices in the US going up again this year). Factor in the deal they had with the bundle ($125 for two 2lps, a 12" and a 7") and it worked out at about $25 per 12". As with anything though, it's up to the individual what they want to spend their money on.

Props to the label for taking people's feedback on board regardless, and hopefully the music will still be made available eventually. :cheers:

Verge

Post by Verge »

^word, well said, you both got points. This limited market is hard to gauge and i'll leave my words at that before i type myself into unneeded beef, lol.

BTW, a couple of the true unheard unreleased tracks off that Sparrow are INCREDIBLE, imo! And the Global has a shitload of bangers on there, i was kinda surprised at just how damn dope that album is, can't wait til they put it back up for sale again.

Anyways, anyone interested in the new Ghostface and Adrian Young shit, here's a link to a $55 bundle deal they have going, which includes the alternative of the album produced by Apollo Brown, amongst other things.
http://soultemplemusic.bandcamp.com/releases
There's also cheaper options, I just posted this one cause i know there's Apollo fans and i don't know if this is the only way you'll get to hear his version.

Architek

Post by Architek »

Debonair_P wrote: The printing costs for doing picture covers (especially gatefolds) on limited releases push the manufacturing prices up a LOT - also the costs of pressing a 2lp are pretty much the same as pressing 2 individual lp's so I think the higher price is justified
So, we're asked to pay twice the regular price due to a picture cover and 2 extra tracks that couldn't fit on a single LP?
Debonair_P wrote: not to mention just a couple years ago when we were paying $80 for a single LP in a sticker sleeve
That was 5 or 6 years ago if i'm not mistaken, and the fact that those prices were reduced drastically speaks volumes.
Debonair_P wrote: Factor in the deal they had with the bundle ($125 for two 2lps, a 12" and a 7") and it worked out at about $25 per 12"
This is a strictly commercial move and is completely irrelevant. They don't just offer you a better price, they tease you to buy a second record even if you don't like it that much. There's multiple gain.
Debonair_P wrote:Obviously, not everyone has $65 to spend on a record and I understand people being frustrated about not being able to afford something they want. [...] As with anything though, it's up to the individual what they want to spend their money on.
This is the part of your argument that bugs me the most and i honestly didn't expect it. What is a music record? Just another industrial product? ''I'm asking for a certain price and if you're poor then you can't hear my music and i don't give a tiny rat's ass about this, no matter if i'm representing da hood and the hip-hop culture tomorrow i'm gonna act like a true defender of the scene.'' In my humble opinion an artist does what he does just because he cannot do otherwise, it's an inner need for him and the way he understands the world and communicates with, he couldn't possibly prefer his art to be hidden and he would rather give it for free.

Shit, you convinced me like Mr. Pink, i don't tip anymore and i'm out.

foobar

Post by foobar »

Damn how much I wanted the sparrow vinyl. Payed for it and everything, it made my day knowing that it was happening.
After all the work they put into getting it released, its nothing but shame that they didn't get the support they needed.
But yeah they should have tried to keep the cost down a little bit more.
Since they are pushed on hold I guess it will get released soon anyway.

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

We have put these releases on hold due to the price concern but for the Sparrow its sad to say that it may never come out unless its priced high because the group wants to make a certain amount. As far as any of our other releases we will continue to price fairly. We have a lot of records coming up and they will all be priced very resonable. But for the Physic record for it to happen it will have to be high. We did our best to give you guys what you want. We understand that everyone can't afford to pay that but that's what they wanted to charge to make it happen. Hope you reconsider and understand we are just trying to help the buyers get what they want and the artists get what they want. Can't ask for much more than that. God Bless

Peace Set!
hmm hmmm hmmm lol CRAZY

Verge

Post by Verge »

this is a facebook comment and i can't agree more:
I just don't get it really. Most indie label releases these days are around $35-$45 for about 6-8 tracks usually. Here you have a double LP with a dope ass cover and insane artwork for less or around the same price as two EPs.
and if you really don't wanna pay the $65, then cop the cassette for $16.

Verge

Post by Verge »

enough things coming out to empty our pockets anyways so i hope the six2six blast comes in a week where not TOO much else major is dropping.

anyways, another Sergent double pack special if you cop within this first week. I'll be honest I never heard of the MRKD Men and apparently they're yet another group from extremely close to where i grew up. I would have loved this next joint here if i heard it back then, shits still ill, imo:
https://soundcloud.com/carlstontigerhoodz/a3-mrkd-men-p-funk

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Verge wrote:enough things coming out to empty our pockets anyways so i hope the six2six blast comes in a week where not TOO much else major is dropping.

anyways, another Sergent double pack special if you cop within this first week. I'll be honest I never heard of the MRKD Men and apparently they're yet another group from extremely close to where i grew up. I would have loved this next joint here if i heard it back then, shits still ill, imo:
https://soundcloud.com/carlstontigerhoodz/a3-mrkd-men-p-funk
Ill Verge...and man why don't they do Sparrow packages with T-Shirts or something, Sparrow are dope but they are not that well known to demand high prices like that are they?.

I am honestly glad I stopped buying records years ago, it is an very expensive habit, and impossible to do with a mortgage to pay off, wedding to save for, rates, bills etc and not to mention there are some real fuckheads out there, greedy losers that charge high prices just to be arrogant and people buying records they see on You Tube that have never played a club or on radio in their life and refuse to share or buy up double copies of limited edition records and they just collect dust while they brag online and stay being bedroom warriors so pleased I'm not caught up in that bullshit and don't support websites that condone that kind of behaviour.

That said I do enjoy buying Boxsets and Deluxe Versions on CD and always happy to support artists on Bandcamp etc.

diggy64

Post by diggy64 »

The random rap crowd are all looking for the same 100 records - that Physics/Rhyme Impotence 12" stays on the radar. Otherwise I would agree, fairly unknown.

bad-cop

Post by bad-cop »

diggy64 wrote:The random rap crowd are all looking for the same 100 records - that Physics/Rhyme Impotence 12" stays on the radar. Otherwise I would agree, fairly unknown.
I know that we are slightly getting of topic here just taking about Sparrow but I don't understand why everyone is so crazy for the the Physics 12". I have the Inheritance 12" which I think is much better but there is rarely talked about. Physics has been repressed and Inheritance is not featured on the LP making it even more rare. Each to their own I guess...

BC
Bad Cop mixes & music: https://www.mixcloud.com/badcop/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & http://soundcloud.com/bad-cop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Debonair_P

Post by Debonair_P »

Those 2 new Dope Folks records are both nice and on sale now...

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

The vinyl release of this...
http://www.vinyl-digital.com/en/Hip-Hop ... equel.html

Are there any bonus remixes that were not on the CD released last year?
http://www.discogs.com/Lord-Finesse-Fun ... se/3638935

Freezy Pazzy

Post by Freezy Pazzy »

"Praise The Lord (Underboss Remix)" seems to be the only track that wasn't included on the CD, only the original version of the song appeared on it.

kartman

Post by kartman »

http://soultemplemusic.bandcamp.com/alb ... ons-to-die
There's some special treatment for the new Ghostface Killah album.
First of all, there's the limited edition collector's bundle (album+instrumentals on cd and vinyl, the alternate version of the album produced by Apollo Brown on cassette, poster, comic book + t-shirt) :arrow: 1000 copies.
And then there's another limited edition package (album+instrumentals on cd, plus the alternate version of the album produced by Apollo Brown on cassette) :arrow: 500 copies.
Three tracks have already been posted on the Soul Temple Records bandcamp page, I really like them.
:wutang: :wutang: :wutang:

Verge

Post by Verge »

yes kartman l ordered the wax bundle but lately have been hearing bad things about the label. Hopefully they work out proper for us. though when l ordered it said it itwas limited to 500 not 1000, which l dont care so much about, it's just the principle.

kartman

Post by kartman »

shit, i ordered the wax bundle too, what have you been hearing about the label?

Verge

Post by Verge »

that the label competely ignores all emails and has some people still waiting for over 5 months for a release they could have just bought elsewhere. Hopefully these are just isolated issues and we'll be ok. l mean if they were THAT terrible I'd assume they'd be put out of biz like the GoodFelloffs.

kartman

Post by kartman »

i'll keep my mind on any delay(s) and if these guys are frauds i'll open some serious paypal dispute
things are getting tougher and tougher everyday here (greece), i'm not going to let anyone to rob me (okay, the germans robbed the shit out of me but that's enough :P )

Verge

Post by Verge »

Hahaa.. sorry to hear that tho kartman. But yeah man, keep ya eyes open dealing with these guys. and remember the Paypal 45 day dispute limit, when it gets close to 45 days after you ordered and you still don't have the records or any communication returned from them, get ready to open the dispute.
Hopefully it will work out better without having to worry about such bullshit.
:cheers:

kartman

Post by kartman »

shiiiiiiiit, i placed my order just at the moment pre-orders became available
i don't think i'll even catch up on the release date as far as the dispute is concerned.. i mean, if anything goes wrong....
anyway, let's hope we all get our fix hehe
Last edited by kartman on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Verge

Post by Verge »

word.

anyone who ordered or was interested in the Kevy Kev and AK B records, they will finally be going out soon. the artists managed to get the records and l think a guy from DWG is gonna sell them from a yet to be openned online store. US orders will probably go out right from the artists.
More details to come soon im sure.