All New Limited & Re-Issued Releases

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Debonair_P

Re: All New Limited/Re-Issued Releases (post them here)

Post by Debonair_P »

madstadik wrote:
Verge wrote:l think so, mad. the fact that they didnt label it volume 1 concerned me but l think they're trying hard to get the most from the album and demos they can. That Darc Mind one is pretty nice too, really digging that evil tree sticker, haha.

Awesome. Although i am a fan of vinyl ep's i hope one day omni drops the full album on disc
I think there will be 3 or 4 volumes... apparently a lot of what is on the internet bootleg album was actually recorded after the official Raw Factor was recorded, so I'm not sure how many of the songs from the bootleg will be on the wax... hopefully it will all make it out eventually.

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Debonair_P wrote:
madstadik wrote:
Verge wrote:l think so, mad. the fact that they didnt label it volume 1 concerned me but l think they're trying hard to get the most from the album and demos they can. That Darc Mind one is pretty nice too, really digging that evil tree sticker, haha.

Awesome. Although i am a fan of vinyl ep's i hope one day omni drops the full album on disc
I think there will be 3 or 4 volumes... apparently a lot of what is on the internet bootleg album was actually recorded after the official Raw Factor was recorded, so I'm not sure how many of the songs from the bootleg will be on the wax... hopefully it will all make it out eventually.

Nice i will def be checking for these. The bootleg seemed like a semi-official mixtape?

Verge

Post by Verge »

Yeah the bootleg had joibts fron all different years on it, i wonder if it was even semu official. It did have a bunch of unreleased stuff on it tho.

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

I don't like the cash cow strategy with the Volumes though. Put the album out in full with additional instrumental option. end...add gratis digital download code in format of choice bang
FULL ALBUMS
They should rather take time in manufacturing a dope album product instead of dropping EP's left and right.

Also don't get it with the Sparrow dude - at least you will make some money and people will hear the music. Don't act like it is super classic.

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

I do appreciate being able to hear the music. But i do like the cohesiveness of a proper full length with the intended sequencing skits interludes etc etc

ZiekeFons

Post by ZiekeFons »

Sergent Records has this limited 80 copies run of Mobb Deep demo's..
Don't know if these are really new or just the already known demo's remastered for vinyl..
Anyways.... €55

The Gorilla Deep EP

side A

Give up the Goods
Keepin it Real
Paddyshop

side B
QU Hectic
Trife Life
Up North Trip

Snippets: Internet vs Mastered versions
https://soundcloud.com/carlstontigerhoodz/keepin-it-real-internet-vs/s-PdQ6z?in=carlstontigerhoodz/sets/sergent-records-picture-disc/s-PdQ6z/s-PdQ6z

https://soundcloud.com/carlstontigerhoodz/paddyshop-internet-vs-mastered/s-PdQ6z?in=carlstontigerhoodz/sets/sergent-records-picture-disc/s-PdQ6z/s-PdQ6z

https://soundcloud.com/carlstontigerhoodz/qu-hectic-internet-vs-mastered/s-PdQ6z?in=carlstontigerhoodz/sets/sergent-records-picture-disc/s-PdQ6z/s-PdQ6z

Check out the link...
http://sergentrecords.bigcartel.com/pro ... ay-release

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

^fuck off release - 55 Euros laughable...better chance of connecting with Havoc on social networks...

Too many fucking wannabee chefs in the kitchen already concerning LIMITED's. Too bad No Sleep is MIA...

Verge

Post by Verge »

The more labels the better. Need some variety and different looks. As long as the material is dope and keeps flowing.

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Love some vintage mobb deep. Not moved enough to spend that kinda gwop though

Freezy Pazzy

Post by Freezy Pazzy »

And they call this REMASTERED...? Bunch of fuckers, you can remaster a song only if you have access to the original studio reels, all they did in this particular case was adding a bunch of effects you can find in every available software in the world. If people are willing to pay 55 pounds for this, they gotta be out of their fuckin' mind.

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

^WORD UP exactly that's what i thought...

khadafi

Post by khadafi »

I like Segent records and bougt their records, so far their record has been flawless but this is a bad release and they should learn from it. This release is a flop. For the average listener, there are many ways to get a lot of mobb releases. Adding insult to the injury, not their best material. It's not even in their 100 best songs. I am scratching my head on this one. These limited labels should stick to release 90's groups with excellent material that never had the chance to blow. This is just plain bad and that pic cover is not of my state. I will not support this bullsh*it.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

procelebritygolf wrote:
Truly Philaflava.

Verge

Post by Verge »

yeah l was saying thats my favorite new shit to get pressed in a while.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

CH seriously is like my new Fondle Em.

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

Instead of being ripped off by SR i recommend:

http://www.hiphopsite.com/2010/10/23/ex ... ape-sticky

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

The snippets of the EP with the DXA Meister Ice Rocks sound nice, but where is the LP with Buckwild he s been teasing us with? Didn't care for MBM...too many tracks / standard productions

procelebritygolf

Post by procelebritygolf »

i believe its comin very sooooon.....

serch4beatz

Post by serch4beatz »

khadafi wrote:I like Segent records and bougt their records, so far their record has been flawless but this is a bad release and they should learn from it. This release is a flop. For the average listener, there are many ways to get a lot of mobb releases. Adding insult to the injury, not their best material. It's not even in their 100 best songs. I am scratching my head on this one. These limited labels should stick to release 90's groups with excellent material that never had the chance to blow. This is just plain bad and that pic cover is not of my state. I will not support this bullsh*it.
congrats, you supported a french guy that is promoting bootlegging. I mean if you have to make bootlegs dont do it like you make official represses..shees..and that mobb deep shit was clearly taken from the mp3's of the hiphopsite rip

procelebritygolf

NEXT CHOPPED HERRING RELEASE:
TOMORROW NIGHT MONDAY 17TH JUNE @ 10pm EU/9pm UK/4pm EST/1pmPST

CrimeFamily

Post by CrimeFamily »

not really feeling the unreleased tracks,, but still gonna cop it for the dope ones...

procelebritygolf

personally, i'm sayin all the unreleased ones are doper than the 2 released ones - but each to their own - ONE

dustyhands

Post by dustyhands »

i like this thread. dope

bad-cop

Post by bad-cop »

J.Force - Pink Chicken '98 will drop in a few weeks, I've heard it from the man himself - see below:

I had it mastered for vinyl release complete with the Cadillac Respect Revisit & Instrumental Revisit as well. The single will also contain a bonus joint never heard before called Hit The Untrue.. it will be for sale on "limited" pink vinyl (300 copies only) then "unlimited" on regular black wax thereafter. For more info hit the website.. cadillacrespect.com

In my oppionion, Hit The Untrue is winner here: https://soundcloud.com/cadillac-respect/hit-the-untrue

BC
Bad Cop mixes & music: https://www.mixcloud.com/badcop/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & http://soundcloud.com/bad-cop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Verge

Post by Verge »

nice! :cheers:

serch4beatz

Post by serch4beatz »

aww shit triples are a must haha :bork: