All New Limited & Re-Issued Releases

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

madstadik

Re: All New Limited & Re-Issued Releases

Post by madstadik »

Stieflkater wrote:I think Pete might be a douche when it comes to unreleased 90ies stuff. He will learn - they all gon...
Real talk man. It aint exactly like his newer shit has been classic by any means

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

madstadik wrote:Man I wish one of these dope vinyl labels could make some contact with pete. Hes prolly stingy as hell with this kinda stuff but man besides Nas, Pete prolly has the most unreleased dope shit
I don't think Pete will ever put out old shit. His own brother Grap Luva can't even get him to OK the proper release of the official InI album. Pete is well off with money so I don't think any of these vinyl labels would be able to come at Pete with a proper proposal money wise, not to mention Pete seems like the kinda guy who just wants to leave the past as the past. It fuckin sucks though cuz imagine the goldmine that is his archives. He has been quoted as sayin he has HUNDREDS of unreleased shit in the vaults. I want that Mekolicious shit!!

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

illest wrote:
WiCkEd22 wrote:
madstadik wrote:I wish someone could get their hands on Mekolicious' Demo Tape. I'd cop that in a heartbeat

I wish the same. Isn't there the rumor that Pete Rock DID press some copies of a Mekolicious EP back in '96? Around the same time Pete pressed copies of his own joint "Greenbacks"?
true
What pisses me off is that until today a proper rip has NEVER surfaced. Nothing actually aside from lame radio rips. Same with "Greenbacks". smh

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Yea its a shame. Maybe one day

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Pete may be straight with cash but the YGz on the other hand are not. We should get at them to put some "pressure" on Pete to release some of his vault, and slide them a few G's. Whos in?

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

WiCkEd22 wrote:
illest wrote:
WiCkEd22 wrote:
madstadik wrote:I wish someone could get their hands on Mekolicious' Demo Tape. I'd cop that in a heartbeat

I wish the same. Isn't there the rumor that Pete Rock DID press some copies of a Mekolicious EP back in '96? Around the same time Pete pressed copies of his own joint "Greenbacks"?
true
What pisses me off is that until today a proper rip has NEVER surfaced. Nothing actually aside from lame radio rips. Same with "Greenbacks". smh
Until today what leaked? A proper version of what?

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

haha I think the majority of the YGz is dead or in jail. Not sure about the 2 rappers.
The "Greenbacks" SNB rip I got is decent.

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

U got a link fam?

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

I stumbled across this Mekolicious Joint on youtube last night. Uploaded by "Lew Busy" who some of you may remember getting a shout from InI on their album. He claims its from 2005

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5PGobv89WA&sns=em

I wonder if he is someone to get at for some unreleased Mt. Vernon stuff

illest

Post by illest »

hit pete rock on his twitter and bug him and go here https://www.facebook.com/futureflavas

this is marley marls son page....he has all the future flavas shows from 94 til the end but says he needs fans to post the shows.

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

Madstadik I already suggested hooking up with LewBusy for unreleased Mek material to a limited label. Response also was Pete for sure will be uninterested. Maybe Label tries...activity of LB on YT is very limited though...

Pete Rock - Greenbacks Demo 1995

Code: Select all

http://www.sendspace.com/file/smqztt
And illest could you advise Marlon Junior to break into the police tape room and snatch everything for us? Also if he got the shows digitzed he just could submit em to you and you make a MEGA or whatever folder like people did with SNB. Some goodies on them shows for sure.

illest

Post by illest »

Stieflkater wrote:Madstadik I already suggested hooking up with LewBusy for unreleased Mek material to a limited label. Response also was Pete for sure will be uninterested. Maybe Label tries...activity of LB on YT is very limited though...

And illest could you advise Marlon Junior to break into the police tape room and snatch everything for us? Also if he got the shows digitzed he just could submit em to you and you make a MEGA or whatever folder like people did with SNB. Some goodies on them shows for sure.
incredible goodies more than any stretch and bobbito show......i have asked him he says he needs fans so that he can post shows. very stupid and makes no sense. but thats how hes doing it. marley gave him all the future flavas archives. he needs to be robbed.

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

LOL crazy

I guess New York cats just bitter that they can't make music anymore. Best thing was Marley screwing artists then having a gold digga screwing him. KARMA KID

Get@ Joc Max maybe we might get some Basement Khemists shit.

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Big thanks on that greenbacks

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Man basement khemists shit would be dope. College radio around here used to play their shit a lot

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

illest wrote:
Stieflkater wrote:Madstadik I already suggested hooking up with LewBusy for unreleased Mek material to a limited label. Response also was Pete for sure will be uninterested. Maybe Label tries...activity of LB on YT is very limited though...

incredible goodies more than any stretch and bobbito show......i have asked him he says he needs fans so that he can post shows. very stupid and makes no sense. but thats how hes doing it. marley gave him all the future flavas archives. he needs to be robbed.
He needs fans to post the shows??? JUST POST THE FUCKIN SHOWS!! smh

- http://forums.ughh.com/readpost.asp?For ... ID=2644766

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

No Problem...

YAY if you got the white label rip it for us. I don't need your Grap Luva approved mix sorry.

edit: a CNN Limited would be dope - there is almost enough material already and they might have some goodies in the stash. Somebody should get at DJ Hot Day. also for PHD shit...

CNN:

Half A Mil
It's Alright / Dopefiend
Married To Marihuana OG
Calm Down OG with E-Money Bags
some more stuff I can't remember of top

Maybe they did a whole demo tape with DJ Hot Day? Half A Mil is ill...color = camouflage vinyl hehe

Somebody should get at Trag...needs money for sure and might have tons of goodies...What did he record from 1993 to 1997 if he wasn't in prison? or at least from 1993 to 1995 since "Half A Mil" is from 1995 supposedly.

illest

Post by illest »

procelebritygolf

Post by procelebritygolf »

DUTCH GOLDEN ERA BIDNESS

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Yo VERGE, I know you haven't posted it in here yet, but DOPE new release man... I pre-ordered it shortly after the e-mail went out.

Verge

Post by Verge »

WiCkEd22 wrote:Yo VERGE, I know you haven't posted it in here yet, but DOPE new release man... I pre-ordered it shortly after the e-mail went out.
:cheers: bro. Got a lot to talk about with this one, thread coming tomorrow.

http://heavyjewelz.bigcartel.com/produc ... ouble-pack

sorry for huge pics.

bad-cop

Post by bad-cop »

Mugshots was an easy pre-order.

@Verge - does it come with digital download as well when buying the vinyl?

BC
Bad Cop mixes & music: https://www.mixcloud.com/badcop/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & http://soundcloud.com/bad-cop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Verge

Post by Verge »

Good looking out BC! We're not positive yet if we can do the digital thing this time around. But you'll get it if we do. It's been mastered from DAT by Othorized's engineer and also mastered for vinyl and digitally mastered by my top guy Adam Boose of Cauliflower Audio. So yeah, this record bangs!! And there's a part 2 hopefully this year.

Verge

Post by Verge »

Is it my phone or is my typing really big?

bad-cop

Post by bad-cop »

Verge wrote:Is it my phone or is my typing really big?

Your typing is not big
Bad Cop mixes & music: https://www.mixcloud.com/badcop/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & http://soundcloud.com/bad-cop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Verge

Post by Verge »

bad-cop wrote:
Verge wrote:Is it my phone or is my typing really big?

Your typing is not big
Thanks man, gotta be the phone

serch4beatz

Post by serch4beatz »

bootleggas unite!

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

lol

French-Posse