All New Limited & Re-Issued Releases

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

WiCkEd22

Re: All New Limited & Re-Issued Releases

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Verge wrote:
WiCkEd22 wrote:
bad-cop wrote:Sergent does release some nice stuff, wouldn't mind a rip of that Triflicts 12," but refuse to pay for obvious reasons...

^You would rather accept a lame mp3 rip instead of actually buyin the viny? That's some straight up sucker shit. Forreal!
dude, no it's not. i hate keeping this discussion on but if i was BC i'd be damned to support someone who bootlegged something that i put in some work to get the artist to share it either. I don't think your comprehending the logic here.
Why does it have to be looked at as supporting the label rather then just buying the music you like and want to own??? Do you need to agree with the label owners political views to buy from him too??? haha It's the same concept with restaurants... I go to them for the FOOD, not because I want to support whoever owns the damn place. Not sure if everyone is familiar with the fast food chain Chik-Fil-A, well they have a pretty good spicy (crispy) chicken sandwich, but the thing is the company is AGAINST Gay & Lesbian Marriage because Chik-Fil-A is owned by some religious group or whatever. Am I not gonna eat that spicy (crispy) chicken sandwich just because I don't like the companys stance on Gay & Lesbian Marriage? NO, of course not. I don't need to agree with a person or persons about anything because as long as they sell a product I like and want to own then that's all that really matters. And yeah Bad Cop put in some work... but let's be real here, HE DID IT BY CHOICE!! And now that is out on (bootleg) vinyl for the whole world to enjoy. Should Bad Cop maybe have gotten some $$$ from that for whatever work he put in? Sure, but again, I'm not gonna NOT buy records from a label just because I dislike the owner. If that label is pressin up records that I would love to own and have in my crates, then guess what? I'm buyin the damn records regardless of my feelings. *shrugs*

Anyways, I'm done with this. I'll continue to buy the records I want to own from any label regardless of my feelings about that label or it's owner. I will NEVER settle for some mp3 when the vinyl is available.

Kool Max Power

Post by Kool Max Power »

Why does it have to be looked at as supporting the label rather then just buying the music you like and want to own??? Do you need to agree with the label owners political views to buy from him too??? haha It's the same concept with restaurants... I go to them for the FOOD, not because I want to support whoever owns the damn place. Not sure if everyone is familiar with the fast food chain Chik-Fil-A, well they have a pretty good spicy (crispy) chicken sandwich, but the thing is the company is AGAINST Gay & Lesbian Marriage because Chik-Fil-A is owned by some religious group or whatever. Am I not gonna eat that spicy (crispy) chicken sandwich just because I don't like the companys stance on Gay & Lesbian Marriage? NO, of course not. I don't need to agree with a person or persons about anything because as long as they sell a product I like and want to own then that's all that really matters. And yeah Bad Cop put in some work... but let's be real here, HE DID IT BY CHOICE!! And now that is out on (bootleg) vinyl for the whole world to enjoy. Should Bad Cop maybe have gotten some $$$ from that for whatever work he put in? Sure, but again, I'm not gonna NOT buy records from a label just because I dislike the owner. If that label is pressin up records that I would love to own and have in my crates, then guess what? I'm buyin the damn records regardless of my feelings. *shrugs*

Anyways, I'm done with this. I'll continue to buy the records I want to own from any label regardless of my feelings about that label or it's owner. I will NEVER settle for some mp3 when the vinyl is available.
thanks for exposing the attitude of an ignorant whitey.

bad-cop

Post by bad-cop »

@Wicked22 - Let's make one thing clear, under no circumstances do I think that I deserve and $$$ for that Foul Play release - it should have gone to Tommy Gun et al.

I spent all this time by free will to get those FP demos to the public for the love of music, nothing else. I still buy vinyl, ask Verge, I've got Mugshots Vol 1 on order.

The whole MP3 vs vinyl is a completely different topic that does not belong here, nor do I care to participate in that discussion.

BC
Bad Cop mixes & music: https://www.mixcloud.com/badcop/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & http://soundcloud.com/bad-cop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

LOL@ the Triflicts Demo release by Sergent Records...trash quality...they should be shut down...charging 90 dollars for such crappy sound quality is a joke. Some verses ended up on Triflicts Single and Gab Gotcha Single...

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Stieflkater wrote:LOL@ the Triflicts Demo release by Sergent Records...trash quality...they should be shut down...charging 90 dollars for such crappy sound quality is a joke. Some verses ended up on Triflicts Single and Gab Gotcha Single...
Thankfully I got my copy in the 5 record bundle special so it was basically $20. *shrugs*

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

That is still too much for the sound quality presented. The quality is free download...especially funny that the Beatnuts track is fucked the most...keep buying wack shit Wicked and feed them crackheads...god bless you...

edit: Nice - Sergent forgot to include "Big Booties OG" on the EP. The version on the Undeniable LP is synth driven while the OG is sample based.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Been waiting on some more Philly flavors.

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

If so get at Maylay...he told me they got the REAL Ill Advised LP together and was planing to release...this was 2 years plus ago...

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

The only few people that have the real Ill Advised LP is probably Newton, whoever worked at Quake City and possibly myself. I wish that thing saw the light of day.

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

Aight, so was he talking bullshit? How's the LP? Do you have a tracklist?

http://www.discogs.com/Ill-Advised-Can- ... se/2823419" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is not it...

Verge

Post by Verge »

I'm sure between phila, herring, and rahsheed, it's a strong possibility. Wouldn't mind hearing that album at all!

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

^^ that looks like some BS thrown together.

Shit I have has stuff like Mic-Adelphia on it.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/gw8nb3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

French-Posse

Post by French-Posse »

yo Verge, more "We Got Da Flava MIXTAPE" for sale please?

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

^^ that looks like some BS thrown together.

Shit I have has stuff like Mic-Adelphia on it.
WORD - thx for the preview...

old_stan

Post by old_stan »

French-Posse wrote:yo Verge, more "We Got Da Flava MIXTAPE" for sale please?
+ :cheers:

Verge

Post by Verge »

old_stan wrote:
French-Posse wrote:yo Verge, more "We Got Da Flava MIXTAPE" for sale please?
+ :cheers:
no doubt. Ivan at Lost Records sold the first 50 and says he started sending them out. I just received the other 50 last week and will have to figure how they will be priced, sold and mailed. Probably gonna wait until the next vinyl is ready to go and then let the first 50 who buy the record have a chance to buy the tape with it. Not positive yet but will keep heads posted here and through the email blasts.

Blanco

Post by Blanco »

What happened with Gee Rock CD release as "coming soon" and "coming real soon" ?

Verge

Post by Verge »

Well, what happened was life, lol. Hopefully we can get this CD out before the year ends though and hopefully with another gee rock record.

Blanco

Post by Blanco »

"hopefully" / "the year ends" - can't say that any of that sounds too firm or promising..
not bitchin, just sayin...

procelebritygolf

Post by procelebritygolf »

100th Herring release drops this month...BOOOM!!!

procelebritygolf

Post by procelebritygolf »

HERRING RELEASE #100

bad-cop

Post by bad-cop »

RAS KASS "PRE-SOUL ON ICE DEMOS"

Got really excited when I saw this. Would have been the release of the century if the sound quality was good.

But disappointed when I heard the sound quality of Capital R-A-S etc. Sounds more or less as the rubbish I "cleaned up" few years back.

Also, the H2O track is a joke + that's post Soul On Ice!

Ordered one anyway as it's nice to have on wax...

http://dopefolksrecords.bigcartel.com/p ... -ice-demos" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.youtube.com/user/dopefolksrecords" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bad Cop mixes & music: https://www.mixcloud.com/badcop/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & http://soundcloud.com/bad-cop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

quality is prolly the same we all have. just cleaned up a tad. i dont even think ras has these on dat anymore.

bad-cop

Post by bad-cop »

Philaflava wrote:quality is prolly the same we all have. just cleaned up a tad. i dont even think ras has these on dat anymore.
Probably true, but someone should at least have a decent cassette of this you'd expect.

bad-cop

Post by bad-cop »

...funny thing is that I was fiddling with Capital R-A-S and The a Deep Breath a few weeks ago to further improve the sound quality.

What I ended up with was something a bit more clearer, but subsequently lost a lot of the lower frequencies, e.g. softer / bassier sounds.

BC

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I don't know this for a fact, but I'm guessing they DF did something very similar to you. It seems as if most of the vinyl produced now from this era has the same "clean-up" technique prior to press.

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

LOL trying to squeeze every dollar out...