All New Limited & Re-Issued Releases

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Re: All New Limited & Re-Issued Releases

Post by Philaflava »

procelebritygolf wrote:yeah, props to S&B for supportin Poops nearly 20 years ago and props to DJ Primetime for reachin out to Herring to do this release....there are more in the vaults >> hold tight!!!!
This DJ Primetime?

If so, I am 99.99999% positive he made this happen because of this site. We both used to do college radio together. Pretty sure we had a convo a year ago too. I want executive producer credit on the release. 1 point on the back-end and at least 10% of all USA sales.

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Philaflava wrote:
procelebritygolf wrote:yeah, props to S&B for supportin Poops nearly 20 years ago and props to DJ Primetime for reachin out to Herring to do this release....there are more in the vaults >> hold tight!!!!
This DJ Primetime?

If so, I am 99.99999% positive he made this happen because of this site. We both used to do college radio together. Pretty sure we had a convo a year ago too. I want executive producer credit on the release. 1 point on the back-end and at least 10% of all USA sales.
I know him too, but only through the internet. Haven't talked to him in a while. But y0 Jason, have you noticed my name on any of the CH releases??? haha Says my real name though, not Wicked. Whattup Bob! :lol:

Verge

Post by Verge »

WiCkEd22 wrote:Yo Verge, aren't we gettin a new Heavy Jewelz release soon? Any hints on what it is?
yeah man. About 2 months.

Knowbody

Post by Knowbody »

Wasn't the Gee Rock album supposed to get released on CD in august?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

WiCkEd22 wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
This DJ Primetime?

I know him too, but only through the internet. Haven't talked to him in a while. But y0 Jason, have you noticed my name on any of the CH releases??? haha Says my real name though, not Wicked. Whattup Bob! :lol:
I don't know your real name so I wouldn't know. But I don't doubt it. Bob is good peoples.

procelebritygolf

Post by procelebritygolf »

oh YOU guys...Dj Primetime is Finsta Bundys DJ....

procelebritygolf

i believe dyer has his name on 2 releases now? props where props due..same with my man Craig in philly and martin catchwreck and a few other heads who put us on to [f]ish [onur, stephen lewis,marcus]....did you get a free piece too shaun? ahhh yeahh, you know how we do!!...contrary to SOME internet snidery...no names...haha

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

wrong primetime and i had nothing to do with this record being a great great success. i recant. :)

procelebritygolf

oh, you have contributed J - BIG UP PHILA!!

procelebritygolf

Verge wrote:

crazy. where exactly did heads ever even hear of who poops was? hmmm
I'd be lying if i didn't say Poops would have been another perfect release for Heavy Jewelz. With our having grown up on Stretch n Bobbito and that being the recurring theme to the label and whatnot. I gladly would have traded for another release.
Good job on the unreleased though.

procelebritygolf

yeah, cheers verge

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

And can we finally get some Milano?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

:bow:

Mad Human

Post by Mad Human »

procelebritygolf wrote:PHILLY FLAVA

WORD UP, i am glad i could help here...

This stuff is SICK
YOUTUBE RARE INDIES - http://www.youtube.com/user/MadHuman09

procelebritygolf

NICE ONE - Madhuman hooked me up with a demo tape, that demo tape lead me to Darrin and then he opened up his vaults to Herring...PROPS BRO!!!!

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

Just seen Merdah did shit on IQ.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/172871-Aphillyation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.discogs.com/Aphillyation-Uni ... ase/225910" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Should have asked Darrin for that stuff - or unreleased stuff from them...would be crazy if that was the demo tape that was initially wanted. Also unreleased Three Time Dope album...has nothing to do with this guy though...

And I bet Minnesota has nuff shit in the stash.

procelebritygolf

yeah man, this is vol 1 - darrin produced a LOAD of dope ish...and yeah he was one of the owners of IQ records so there is a load of stuff by all those artists plus many many unheard acts he produced....loads of Philly ish comin soon...from darrin and others...
thanks for all the tips Stief - big up brother!!!

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

AIIISCHHHHT

off topic: They for sure put some trash on the "Raw Factors".

I would play the album like this:

Raw Factor
Nuff Love
My Main Man
When I Make Parole
Represent
We Lust For The Papes
Touch Y'All Remix 1
Amazin
TAPE
06. Egos
19. Stage Domination
21. Love That Shit
22. Halfway

^might be "Raw Factors 4"

Also dude lied - of course it's the album - some tracks are just snippets plus the EP plus the Compilation track and some interludes and freestyle shit. He said that his shit was immature though - PROPS for admitting...

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Itd be nice to get the dirty mix of touch yall. I second you though. Halfway and stage domination were dope

Debonair_P

Post by Debonair_P »

Stieflkater wrote:AIIISCHHHHT

off topic: They for sure put some trash on the "Raw Factors".

I would play the album like this:

Raw Factor
Nuff Love
My Main Man
When I Make Parole
Represent
We Lust For The Papes
Touch Y'All Remix 1
Amazin
TAPE
06. Egos
19. Stage Domination
21. Love That Shit
22. Halfway

^might be "Raw Factors 4"

Also dude lied - of course it's the album - some tracks are just snippets plus the EP plus the Compilation track and some interludes and freestyle shit. He said that his shit was immature though - PROPS for admitting...
Before you accuse people of lying, do some research. Tracks like Egos and the others you mentioned were recorded for a 6th Boro compilation after the deal at Elektra ended.

PopsUK

Post by PopsUK »

Debonair_P wrote:Before you accuse people of lying, do some research. Tracks like Egos and the others you mentioned were recorded for a 6th Boro compilation after the deal at Elektra ended.
Any chance that's ever coming out?

bad-cop

Post by bad-cop »

procelebritygolf wrote:SWEDISH HERRING
Some trivia for you, Field Nigga Soup who is featured on this release are loosely affiliated with Wu-Tang.

BC
Bad Cop mixes & music: https://www.mixcloud.com/badcop/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & http://soundcloud.com/bad-cop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

STAM

Post by STAM »

Too bad the best track from that CD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSXtG2b2oYI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) does not appears on the LP version, but im gonna take it anyway. Holla!

procelebritygolf

STAM - this track IS on it man...1

bad-cop

Post by bad-cop »

...more "useless" Bakers of the holy bread trivia; Adotey / Tobias Addo ( the dude with half his face showing on the cover), who is the 3rd member of this group is more of hang-on member than actual contributor the music or rap. He declared this himself in an interview I've heard a while back. It's really David Lenneman and Göran Lindohf who where the driving force behind this group, with production credit to Collen & Webb of course - the latter being Sweden's finest production duo!

BC
Bad Cop mixes & music: https://www.mixcloud.com/badcop/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & http://soundcloud.com/bad-cop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Debonair_P

Post by Debonair_P »

A nice one from Dope Folks...