All New Limited & Re-Issued Releases

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

bad-cop

Re: All New Limited & Re-Issued Releases

Post by bad-cop »

Philaflava wrote:I don't know this for a fact, but I'm guessing they DF did something very similar to you. It seems as if most of the vinyl produced now from this era has the same "clean-up" technique prior to press.
The mail shot says they got it from Ras himself... Someone should try and track down the dude who used to run Patchwerk!

BC
Bad Cop mixes & music: https://www.mixcloud.com/badcop/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & http://soundcloud.com/bad-cop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Man. Hate to say it ras releases some shit quality stuff on his bandcamp. He even fucked up the goldyn chyld rls. The shit i leaked is more legit. He put the 12" version of the title track on there. No skit preceding the song. Fucks up the whole flow of the lp. What i really want him to release in cdq is the omitted tracks from Rasassination

bad-cop

Post by bad-cop »

Anyone heard "Next Time" from that 7 song promo tape. Any good?

BC
Bad Cop mixes & music: https://www.mixcloud.com/badcop/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & http://soundcloud.com/bad-cop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

bad-cop wrote:
Philaflava wrote:I don't know this for a fact, but I'm guessing they DF did something very similar to you. It seems as if most of the vinyl produced now from this era has the same "clean-up" technique prior to press.
The mail shot says they got it from Ras himself... Someone should try and track down the dude who used to run Patchwerk!

BC
A few years ago Ras Kass had to get at fans for his earlier work for a compilation "Endangered Lyricist." He didn't even have the early stuff on file. Again, I don't know whats what, but I'm guessing they got Ras to "agree" and nothing more. Patchwerk is no longer. It was owned by Bob Whitfield who has long retired from the NFL and to my knowledge has no ties to Rassy.

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

bad-cop wrote:Anyone heard "Next Time" from that 7 song promo tape. Any good?

BC
Which promo tape?

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Its annoying cuz i love ras material most of it. Especially the 90s stuff but he seems to sell crap mp3 re-encodes on his bandcamp. Really sucks

bad-cop

Post by bad-cop »

madstadik wrote:
bad-cop wrote:Anyone heard "Next Time" from that 7 song promo tape. Any good?

BC
Which promo tape?
All songs has been released apart for that Next Time to my knowledge

http://www.discogs.com/Ras-Kass-7-Songs/release/5432054" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Philaflava wrote:
bad-cop wrote:
A few years ago Ras Kass had to get at fans for his earlier work for a compilation "Endangered Lyricist." He didn't even have the early stuff on file. Again, I don't know whats what, but I'm guessing they got Ras to "agree" and nothing more. Patchwerk is no longer. It was owned by Bob Whitfield who has long retired from the NFL and to my knowledge has no ties to Rassy.
How retarded is it that you don't even have your own shit??? And he had to ask fans for lame mp3's of his own shit? Wow. smfh

You would think the producers of the older shit have them? And ok, dude who owned Patchwerk has been out the game forever... doesn't mean he don't still have the old masters in a box somewhere or somethin...

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

If rappers only had your organization skills this wouldn't be an issue.

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

That Goldyn Chyld Reissue he did is sloppy as hell. I was also amped when he threw some bonus tracks on that Rassasination he was selling. I own the cd but was gonna buy the digital for the bonus cuts and the sound quality was straight ass

Debonair_P

Post by Debonair_P »

Philaflava wrote:If rappers only had your organization skills this wouldn't be an issue.
Yep, it's not unusual that artists don't have copies of their own music from back then (let alone in good quality)... Also, I'm sure Dope Folks would have at least reached out to the Patchwerk guy to get higher quality versions of the Ras Kass songs, it is what it is. I'm happy to support the release.

bad-cop

Post by bad-cop »

Debonair_P wrote:
Philaflava wrote:If rappers only had your organization skills this wouldn't be an issue.
Yep, it's not unusual that artists don't have copies of their own music from back then (let alone in good quality)... Also, I'm sure Dope Folks would have at least reached out to the Patchwerk guy to get higher quality versions of the Ras Kass songs, it is what it is. I'm happy to support the release.
Maybe Bird or Vooodu has some stuff....

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

bad-cop wrote:
Debonair_P wrote:
There was a guy that used to post here...Alien Nation Radio, right? I seem to remember him telling a story about getting in touch w/one of the Western Hemisfear guys and discovering that they had recently trashed a bunch of DATs with a ton of unreleased material on them. Wouldn't be surprised if that's a common thing with a lot of 90's producers that don't make music any more...

bad-cop

Post by bad-cop »

Echo Leader wrote:
bad-cop wrote:
Debonair_P wrote:
There was a guy that used to post here...Alien Nation Radio, right? I seem to remember him telling a story about getting in touch w/one of the Western Hemisfear guys and discovering that they had recently trashed a bunch of DATs with a ton of unreleased material on them. Wouldn't be surprised if that's a common thing with a lot of 90's producers that don't make music any more...
Wow... vaguely remember something similar being posted.

BC

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Damn shame :(

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Echo Leader wrote:
bad-cop wrote:
Debonair_P wrote:
Jfc!! Why the fuck would anyone do some shit like that??? Fuckin morons... smfh

bad-cop

Post by bad-cop »

WiCkEd22 wrote:
Echo Leader wrote:
bad-cop wrote:
Debonair_P wrote:
Jfc!! Why the fuck would anyone do some shit like that??? Fuckin morons... smfh
Many artists / rappers that are still active in the game don't seem to care much about the stuff they did on 90's, hence much of this stuff is lost / thrown away...

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Or the fact many rappers are lazy, careless, and forgetful. Picasso never misplaced or lost one of his paintings.

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

It aint gangsta to be organized

bignormy

Post by bignormy »

did the full "catch me if you can" ever surface?

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Nope. But the artwork is still floating around on the rassy forums

bignormy

Post by bignormy »

madstadik wrote:Nope. But the artwork is still floating around on the rassy forums
I'll have to look around, I don't remember seeing the artwork but the forums were pretty dead last time I looked. Let me know if you if you have any leads, I'm on the trail of some stuff too

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

i know the tracklisting is still up there... the artwork is mad small... got Ras with a ski mask on i was def feending for that to drop around 2002-2003... of course never happened.

bignormy

Post by bignormy »

madstadik wrote:i know the tracklisting is still up there... the artwork is mad small... got Ras with a ski mask on i was def feending for that to drop around 2002-2003... of course never happened.
Yeah I remember pre-ordering the damn thing from Hiphopsite

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT BIG UP

this is classic NEW YORK shit one of the illest who never came through...UNTIL NOW

Not to be a diddick, but I think "Follow Ya Lead" is on a DJ Primetime tape.

Verge

Post by Verge »

crazy. where exactly did heads ever even hear of who poops was? hmmm
http://www.thetroyblog.com/2009/01/20/clear-the-harbor/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.thetroyblog.com/2009/03/31/p ... nyu-demos/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
peace to nes, kev beacham, eclipse, aleph, nobs, myself, etc etc

some great unreleased joints on there, cant wait to hear in full. I'd be lying if i didn't say Poops would have been another perfect release for Heavy Jewelz. With our having grown up on Stretch n Bobbito and that being the recurring theme to the label and whatnot. I gladly would have traded for another release.
Good job on the unreleased though.

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Yo Verge, aren't we gettin a new Heavy Jewelz release soon? Any hints on what it is?

procelebritygolf

Post by procelebritygolf »

yeah, props to S&B for supportin Poops nearly 20 years ago and props to DJ Primetime for reachin out to Herring to do this release....there are more in the vaults >> hold tight!!!!

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

To be honest though - the release would be there without SNB and Phila - because DJ Primetime is the cuban link...still big thx for introducing me to the music...(peace to nes, kev beacham, eclipse, aleph, nobs, myself, etc etc)

ASK Prime for more SOBz or Rambo stuff, Da Other Side, Verbal Villains, Pitch Black,

http://www.discogs.com/DJ-Primetime-Wha ... se/5340184" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; other Poops track which will be on the EP...

Also try to get at DJ Clark Kent for Sauce and Jigga maybe even Jaz stuff. Dame Dash said on video that Clark should have a load of early Jigga.

"Reach The Top", "What's In A Name", "Understand Me", "Life I Choose" and other goodies on wax cot damn! And if not maybe Clark can lead to the people that did those.
Also Jaz should have nice stuff. What about Ranjahz?
Freshco also should have some ill shit. Cut off a crazy exclusive of I think a DJ Chubby Chubb tape.

Also you guys eventually should consider working together, maybe fusion for some big Jigga and or Nas stuff.

UNO

It's 20 years and nobody did the Kamakaze / World Renown LP's...insane...