Pharoahe Monch - 20th Anniv Tribute to Internal Affairs

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

djfilthyrich

Pharoahe Monch - 20th Anniv Tribute to Internal Affairs

Post by djfilthyrich »

Mixtape tribute celebrating 20 years of Pharoahe Monch's classic album 'Internal Affairs'

IMO this is a Top 3 Rawkus Records release, featuring Pharoahe's complex polysyllabic rhymes over production from Diamond D, Alchemist, DJ Scratch, Lee Stone, and even Monch himself

The mix features album cuts, OG samples & my own blends.

Shout out to Dan Lish, who reworked his original Pharoahe art for the cover....check out his page for more dope artwork

step one

Re: Pharoahe Monch - 20th Anniv Tribute to Internal Affairs

Post by step one »

nice work man, look forward to checking this one (only on youtube right now?)
Nice to have the Monch co-sign too! He seems a like a nice dude. I was at a UK rap show at a small venue in London a couple of years back and he came through and just chilled at the back. He got invited on stage to kick a rhyme and declined but stayed til the end and then went backstage with the artists.

Internal Affairs is a strange one as over the years the comments I've seen on line give me the impression that older heads that were big on Organized Konfusion felt a bit let down by it (maybe because of songs like The Next Shit), but newer fans absolutely love it and consider it a 5 mic classic.
I'm probably somewhere between the 2 but Queens is easily my favourite track on the LP. Love that shit. The remix of Right Here with Xzibit is dope as well.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

djfilthyrich

Post by djfilthyrich »

Yup, only on YouTube at the moment (Mixcloud keeps shutting my mixes down claiming too many songs by one artists, even though I'm a 'Select' content creator on there SMH).
Also have the HQ CDQ mp3 downloads for sale (email promoguy1@gmail.com for anybody who's interested ) .

Yeah, now that Simon Says is played out to death, Queen's is definitely one of my favs on this, along with Behind Closed Doors (I added G Rap to the mixtape version).

I was both a fan of OK, and I liked this album as well.....but I know a lot of ppl who fall into the categories you mentioned above, Step

djfilthyrich

Post by djfilthyrich »

Here's the original ad that Rawkus ran back in 99 with the Mos Def and Monch being released 1 week apart.....2 'underground' albums that ended up blowin up

Here's my mixtape version of the same ad:

If you missed the Mos Def Tribute, you can find it here:

ian e

Post by ian e »

The album had such dope artwork.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

Man you always do a great job with these. Props.

djfilthyrich

Post by djfilthyrich »

stype_ones wrote:Man you always do a great job with these. Props.
thx Stype