Stretch and Bobbito Re-Unite on WKCR for One Last Show

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

Teddy C.D. wrote:Really tired though...I wanted to at least hear the ending live. Damn...
It's worth it though.
RandyWest78 wrote:Wow, they averaged one hundred to one hundred twenty thousand listeners every week back then! That's insane!!! Guaranteed there were thousands and thousands of cats who taped that shit.
I thought you of all people would know that. Plus those tapes circled the globe and were heard by millions. Yeah, at least hundreds of people taped once it got popular. Who knows how many still exist and can be ripped though.

IRISH_CRAIG

Post by IRISH_CRAIG »

I just want to say one thing [no aayyyo]

- a real from the heart thanks to all of you lot for puttin up tapes, scrutinizin the broadcasts and inspirin me to dust em off and do the same...

With an hour of this radio nirvana left [im lovin the extra hour but feelin for yall across the ATLAN], im just thinkin, how many people can go back to the archives after the re-union is over, after it drops off the twitter trends, and listen back to all the shows that have been shared, and truly embed yourselves in this historic programme

As I [only] say to people I respect, BIG UP YER COCK to each and every one of you

OH SHIT, here come the Krunchtimes
Last edited by IRISH_CRAIG on Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

Mad Human wrote:Thought they are joking Dunny Cheeba.
Thank you for proving what I was saying. Anyway, I already said that. I hope those taping have extra cassettes / space on hand.

Wicked
Location: Bay Area, CA >www.MHzRadio.com< >mixcrate.com/wicked< >wicked22@aol.com<

Post by Wicked »

IRISH_CRAIG wrote:As I [only] say to people I respect, BIG UP YER COCK to each and every one of you
^hahaha WTF?!! Big up yer cock??? haha

And they just said that www.SqueezeRadio.com will have this show up for DL tomorrow.
"Wicked = Genuinely loves Hiphop and respects it because he grew up during the time when it wasn't full of southern mongoloids and Lil Wayne rappers. From his mixes you can tell he knows his shit. The problem is, when you are a smart dude preaching to a bunch of fucking morons, you end up getting singled out as the douche."

Mad Human

Post by Mad Human »

Oh well they gonna fuck Trisha or whatever she called by phone funny
YOUTUBE RARE INDIES - http://www.youtube.com/user/MadHuman09

serch4beatz

Post by serch4beatz »

"treasure" ..

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

IRISH_CRAIG wrote:As I (only) say to people I respect, big up your cock to each and every one of you. Oh shit, here come the krunchtime.
You ayo'ed before but not for that? Aight.

I expected usual Krunchtime time slot banter, but this works well.

Hopefully eventually more people check out Philaflava and the Stretch & Bob site after this.

I guess Sucio Smash and his people are puttin' this up on Squeeze Radio's site later:

http://squeezeradio.com/

serch4beatz

Post by serch4beatz »

ait thats a wrap i gotta get some sleep

Teddy C.D.

Post by Teddy C.D. »

serch4beatz wrote:ait thats a wrap i gotta get some sleep
I don't blame you homie... Peace. I'm almost done for the night too.

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

It's all good, the download will be waitin' for you guys. I like how Eclipse is even pausing via Twitter picture comments.

Brokewax

Post by Brokewax »

off topic but whats the first beat skillz rhymes to? I think it's 45 king???

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

Anybody wanna post / mirror questions to squeezeradio@gmail.com?

Teddy C.D.

Post by Teddy C.D. »

What song was Skillz's verse on originally?

Damn, gotta stay for the Black Moon. Shit is too dope to leave just yet, hahaha.

RELM

Post by RELM »

Lord sear love rap was jokes! This is incredible even tho i'm catching the last hour. 10.30am in london and what a way to start the day.

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

We're down to the final minutes and shouts and this has been consistently great, definitely one for the history books.

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

I hate how everybody there wanted to / tried to take calls and realized they couldn't. That's the one missing element, damn poor ass KCR. Overall what an awesome show.

Apparently it's not the last show. And now Stretch is half jokin' about returning for the twenty fifth or fortieth anniversary (as well as the parties) so I guess it's not over. To be fair, I don't think they said it was over, though everybody else did.

For the love of hip hop!

IRISH_CRAIG

Post by IRISH_CRAIG »

TheBigSleep wrote:We're down to the final minutes and shouts and this has been consistently great, definitely one for the history books.
Now where is Verge with that hissy tape version, im fiendin already and its only over like 2 minutes ago

To everyone that tuned in, big respect is automatic

Wicked
Location: Bay Area, CA >www.MHzRadio.com< >mixcrate.com/wicked< >wicked22@aol.com<

Post by Wicked »

Wow, that was a great 5 hours! I'm very glad I got to listen live cuz that's how you do it. Word up!
"Wicked = Genuinely loves Hiphop and respects it because he grew up during the time when it wasn't full of southern mongoloids and Lil Wayne rappers. From his mixes you can tell he knows his shit. The problem is, when you are a smart dude preaching to a bunch of fucking morons, you end up getting singled out as the douche."

Chris_the_vinylist

Post by Chris_the_vinylist »

Strange finish at point 6 a m (noon here in Germany) WKCR cut the studio signal for the forthcoming jazz show. Otherwise it was a great show the last 5 hours. And if I understand right Stretch was saying that this won't be the very last show, maybe they will come back one time...

Teddy C.D.

Post by Teddy C.D. »

RandyWest78 wrote:Wow, that was a great 5 hours! I'm very glad I got to listen live cuz that's how you do it. Word up!
For sure man. I'm still here too! Gotta tune into the beginning parts later, dling the mp3 after I get some sleep. lol. This was tight!

Teddy C.D.

Post by Teddy C.D. »

TheBigSleep wrote:I hate how everybody there wanted to / tried to take calls and realized they couldn't. That's the one missing element, damn poor ass KCR. Overall what an awesome show.

Apparently it's not the last show. And now Stretch is half jokin' about returning for the twenty fifth or fortieth anniversary (as well as the parties) so I guess it's not over. To be fair, I don't think they said it was over, though everybody else did.

For the love of hip hop!
Props for convincing me to stake it out and listen to the end of the show. Still will be dling the mp3 later. Type for some sleep, peace man. As someone who didn't have much access to Stretch and Bob when they were on the air, it was really fun to listen to tonight. Peace man.

Goodnight all!

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

IRISH_CRAIG wrote:Now where is Verge with that hissy tape version, I'm fiendin' already and it's only over like two minutes ago. To everyone that tuned in (live), big respect is automatic.
First you are gonna hear the direct feed, probably on Squeeze Radio's site, among other places (whoever's fastest), then cassette rips later on, perhaps Verge's being one of those (assuming he was able to get a signal and tape the full show).

I know what you mean though, I'm fiendin' too. I wish we could force them do to this every week like the voice actors on The Simpsons.
Chris_the_vinylist wrote:Strange finish at point 6 a.m., WKCR cut the studio signal for the forthcoming jazz show. And if I understand right Stretch was saying that this won't be the very last show, maybe they will come back one time...
Yeah, if you listen, that's how radio does. Stretch and Bob just wait and talk 'til they got cut off when the station switches the signal for the next program. They were done, Bob was passin' out anyway. I'm surprised he made it, let alone the extra hour.

They are going to return for more reunions it sounds like, probably only during major events, so most likely every five or ten years if they are allowed and willing. Unless there are special circumstances.
Teddy C.D. wrote:Props for convincing me to stake it out and listen to the end of the show. Still will be downloading the MP3 later. Type for some sleep, peace man. As someone who didn't have much access to Stretch and Bob when they were on the air, it was really fun to listen to tonight. Peace man.
Didn't realize I convinced you to stay awake but cool, glad you listened to it all.

Of course, everybody should (and will want to) keep a copy for later, I'm going to archive it on the site with the other shows.

Type for some Sleep indeed.

Yeah it was fun to listen to for old and new fans alike.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Can somebody please upload a mp3 of the shout out? Surely somebody had to tape this show, right?

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

fatboybrandon wrote:Is this reuniting because of the recent confirmation that Squeeze Radio might be going off the air?
No, this has been in the works for at least a little while, confirmed recently, planned for a bit and supposed for years before that, including by Stretch himself on his blog.
nickwoj wrote:
IRISH_CRAIG wrote:
Funk Dubious?
Kage?
They also said KCL. Vibe should be firin' scribes.
Teddy C.D. wrote:
thomasv wrote:It's the G Rap freestyle with MF Grimm from the fifth year anniversary.
Oh, okay that makes sense.
Peace to Stretch / Konstant Kontakt and Brandan / Recog the Real for the re-up:

http://konstantkontakt.blogspot.com/200 ... -year.html

http://recogthereal.blogspot.com/2008/0 ... -year.html
http://recogthereal.blogspot.com/2008/0 ... ar_03.html
http://recogthereal.blogspot.com/2008/0 ... _9304.html

Three parts:

http://www.multiupload.com/X2BH64IB4I

and

http://www.multiupload.com/MBL4STP5AX

and

http://www.multiupload.com/IIMUJNS6O1

Re-up by me.

For more shows, check out: http://philaflava.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=116958

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

Philaflava wrote:Can somebody please upload a MP3 of the shout out? Surely somebody had to tape this show, right?
I will chop the shout out when the show gets upped if nobody else does it first.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

TheBigSleep wrote:
Philaflava wrote:Can somebody please upload a MP3 of the shout out? Surely somebody had to tape this show, right?
I will chop the shout out when the show gets upped if nobody else does it first.
:cheers:

illest

Post by illest »

the thread is tough to take

IRISH_CRAIG

Post by IRISH_CRAIG »

A taskit, a tiskit, a golden air biscuit

Sorry, when Bobb dropped that brown air I nearly soiled myself, and the fact that E got a shot of the Febreze was just jokes......

illest

Post by illest »

it was good to hear they had fun

Skeptic

Post by Skeptic »

oh shit, can't wait to hear this!