Run-D.M.C. - Live At The Apollo NYC (1985)

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Jaz
Ease Up

Run-D.M.C. - Live At The Apollo NYC (1985)

Post by Jaz »

Code: Select all

http://hotfile.com/dl/92813376/749b090/runlive.rar.html
01 - jam master j intro
02 - tougher than leather
03 - my adidas
04 - rock box
05 - daryl & joe
06 - Jam Master Jay
07 - "clap your hands"
08 - Here We Go
09 - it's like that
10 - raising hell
11 - hit it run
12 - peter piper
13 - king of rock

http://www.hqhiphop.net/2010/12/run-dmc ... -1985.html

Dan

Post by Dan »

Thanks for this, but I don't think this was from 1985. Too many post-'85 tracks on that set list.
Listening now, the board op at WBLS had to know these songs as he was attempting to censor words so they don't go over the air, so it's not like these songs from "Raising Hell" were new to get the crowd hyped for a new album.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Dan wrote:Thanks for this, but I don't think this was from 1985. Too many post-'85 tracks on that set list.
Listening now, the board op at WBLS had to know these songs as he was attempting to censor words so they don't go over the air, so it's not like these songs from "Raising Hell" were new to get the crowd hyped for a new album.
The only track that would make me agree Dan is "Tougher Than Leather" as Run DMC were rocking "Peter Piper" etc before they made the Raising Hell LP in 1986.

MosesJonesJr

Post by MosesJonesJr »

Yea I think HQHIPHOP got the wrong info. This has been floating around for a while and was originally labeled as 1987, which would explain "Tougher Than Leather" being on there even though that wasn't released until 1988. But another clue is the song "Raising Hell" they aren't rhyming over their instrumental, they are rhyming over Original Concept's "Knowledge Me" instrumental which didn't come out until 1986. Now maybe it's possible for them to get their hands on the instrumental before it came out since they were on Def Jam as well, but it's highly unlikely.

http://ittakesanationofmillionstoholdth ... lo-87.html

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

MosesJonesJr wrote:Yea I think HQHIPHOP got the wrong info. This has been floating around for a while and was originally labeled as 1987, which would explain "Tougher Than Leather" being on there even though that wasn't released until 1988. But another clue is the song "Raising Hell" they aren't rhyming over their instrumental, they are rhyming over Original Concept's "Knowledge Me" instrumental which didn't come out until 1986. Now maybe it's possible for them to get their hands on the instrumental before it came out since they were on Def Jam as well, but it's highly unlikely.

http://ittakesanationofmillionstoholdth ... lo-87.html
I'd say 87/88 then.

Phizzal

Post by Phizzal »

The only track that would make me agree Dan is "Tougher Than Leather" as Run DMC were rocking "Peter Piper" etc before they made the Raising Hell LP in 1986.
Thanks for pointing this out Jaz you made me realise that the tracklist is wrong, it should be labeled as 'Together Forever' not 'tougher than leather'.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Phizzal wrote:
Thanks for pointing this out Jaz you made me realise that the tracklist is wrong, it should be labeled as 'Together Forever' not 'tougher than leather'.
all good Phizzal