The Entire Mr Cee thing makes me wonder about this BIG track

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

DJMIKENICE

The Entire Mr Cee thing makes me wonder about this BIG track

Post by DJMIKENICE »

Years back it was rumored a track called If You Only Knew existed from an early BIG OGB (old gold brothers) demo tape

Literally. The Forgotten Rhyme.

"If you only knew"

"If you only knew, boo,
What biggie was doing when you were young, then you'd probably keep a gun too,
When days were blue for the crew,
and we wanted to cheer up,
got blunted and beered up,
Got so messed that the stress dissipated,
Girls left the crib, while the mens congregated,
Did things that got N****S burned in the bible, not the kinda trip that ya'd brag to ya rival,
The S**T so off, felt like ya eatin' from a trough, but us swine thought it fine, to experiment like two times,
Got close to the click, like ya can't even follow, Can't regret what's been done, cuz a N***A likes his fun, like a burger likes the bun, straight true hit and run,
Behind me lies the truth that ya neven even thought, plus this mix tape that ya never even bought,
If the pack only knew what I didin the backroom, filled with more dirt than hoover in a vaccuum, F**K slangin' pot, Biggie Smalls slangs the stuff ta make ya teeth rot, Brooklyn's meth king, Smalls orders ryhmes that ya know are gonna keep hot, speakin' of hot, that's how i liked down in B.K., sellin' white crocodiles, with a secret life style, if ya only knew the nasty juice we spread between my and my M*********G boys,
you wouldn't buy this tape to keep Notorious tight employed,true,
N***A, if ya only knew

-Notorious BIG

for years cats dismissed this as it appears BIG alluding to having an alternative lifestyle or he was writing shock value what's your thoughts ?

im thinking its an urban myth but it makes you go hmmmmmmm
KING OF DA CRATES

WWW.VENOMRECORDS.COM

LOOKING FOR RARE TREATS AND GEMS
CHECK HERE
http://djmikenice.blogspot.com/

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

Never knew about this. Does kinda make you wonder.

Honestly, I could care less because BIG made a couple of great albums that still get consistent spins from me...but like you said Mike, does kinda make you go "hmmm."

Echo Leader

Re: The Entire Mr Cee thing makes me wonder about this BIG t

Post by Echo Leader »

DJMIKENICE wrote:Brooklyn's meth king
Notorious R.E.D.N.E.C.K.

DJMIKENICE

Post by DJMIKENICE »

meth was also a slang for weed before what we know it as today
KING OF DA CRATES

WWW.VENOMRECORDS.COM

CHECK HERE

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

DJMIKENICE wrote:meth was also a slang for weed before what we know it as today
Yes yes no doubt, just playing off the fact that he kicked the rhyme "f slangin' pot, I slang the stuff that make ya teeth rot."

Ever seen a tweeker's mouth up close? :err:

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster »

Maybe this was the original version of the other infamous Biggie line:

"My n1gga Mr Cee fuck boys in they mouth, throws 'em in the car".?
Kool Keith: I wore a straw hat with a feather to the last Source Awards. When I got to Madison Square Garden everybody was looking at me. When I got back home I seen everybody and their mother in their video wearing a fuckinג€™ straw hat with a feather in it.

Tim Dog: ג€œWhat Kool Keith gonna wear? Iג€™m gonna do that shit in my video. Iג€™m gonna wear that shit really quick. Whatג€™s Tim Dog gonna wear?ג€

Bigg Boss Luciano

Post by Bigg Boss Luciano »

PopsUK

Post by PopsUK »

Is that Biggie verse real?! WTF?!

Versive

Post by Versive »

...No

SMH at the idea of thousands of hardcore hip-hop junkies burning their BIG and BDK records because their DJ gets down with trannies.

This whole thing is way more funny than it is shocking.

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster »

He did most of his early stuff with the Olde Gold Brothers, wonder who has those tapes.
Kool Keith: I wore a straw hat with a feather to the last Source Awards. When I got to Madison Square Garden everybody was looking at me. When I got back home I seen everybody and their mother in their video wearing a fuckinג€™ straw hat with a feather in it.

Tim Dog: ג€œWhat Kool Keith gonna wear? Iג€™m gonna do that shit in my video. Iג€™m gonna wear that shit really quick. Whatג€™s Tim Dog gonna wear?ג€

PopsUK

Post by PopsUK »

Versive wrote:...No

SMH at the idea of thousands of hardcore hip-hop junkies burning their BIG and BDK records because their DJ gets down with trannies.

This whole thing is way more funny than it is shocking.
I agree it's funny, but I'd still say it's shocking. And by shocking, I mean I'm surprised by it... I've never really bought into the whole idea that there's a crazy underground world where rappers all get together to bum each other, drink martinis, and paint each other's toes. Hiphop is a distinctly hetrosexual world so the whole "well x% of the population is gay, so that must apply to rappers too" is bullshit to me. So the idea that a guy who has been associated with the likes of BIG and BDK obviously has some sort of liking for penis, is definitely kinda odd.

And to be clear, I couldn't give a shit if someone is gay... do whatever you want. And I'm not sure I believe it, either.

Versive

Post by Versive »

Word, I didn't mean it's not shocking at all, but it's extremely funny.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Wouldn't surprised me in the least to find out Flex is the ghey too. Nuthin' But Flava will forever get play though.

Verge

Post by Verge »

Yeah, shits funny but thats about it. Motherfuckas all up in arms about taking him off the air.. I dunno, sounds like they're probably not too comfortable with their own sexuality or just trying to be cool or some shit. Usually is the case with extreme homophobes.
But it is funny as hell. That stupid "its da hip hop police yo!!" bullshit defense gotta go. But i guess its understandable to deny it all especially when hip hop's collective is so homophobic.. That Biggie verse does definitely sound like he fagged off a bit, too, but so what, i could care less or better yet, i'd rather not know.

thebridgeisover

Post by thebridgeisover »

http://www.daveyd.com/homoeroticarticle.html

The Homo-Erotic Nature of Hip Hop
by Illseed of AllHipHip.com...4/30/02

The homoerotic nature of hip-hop. WTF? This is something that I have taken well over a year to come to terms with writing. Why, because gayness and homosexuality is met with such a negative force when it pertains to hip-hop music. Now, before we move along, understand, this has nothing to do with my viewpoints on homosexuality nor am trying to yank anybody out of the closet. Conversely, this is merely a discussion on the rather loud, yet unspoken homo-erotic undertone of current hip-hop.

While it has hit me several times in the razor sharp cutting edge lyrical legacy of rap, it all exploded when I finally took time to pay attention to P-Diddy's "I Need a Girl." In the song, he says, "you were more than my girl, we were like brothers

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Didn't read but everyone knows Davey D is a homosexual.

thebridgeisover

Philaflava wrote:Didn't read but everyone knows Davey D is a homosexual.
Guess it was a good thing illseed wrote the article, then. ;-)

anash50

Re: The Entire Mr Cee thing makes me wonder about this BIG t

Post by anash50 »

DJMIKENICE wrote:Years back it was rumored a track called If You Only Knew existed from an early BIG OGB (old gold brothers) demo tape

Literally. The Forgotten Rhyme.

"If you only knew"

"If you only knew, boo,
What biggie was doing when you were young, then you'd probably keep a gun too,
When days were blue for the crew,
and we wanted to cheer up,
got blunted and beered up,
Got so messed that the stress dissipated,
Girls left the crib, while the mens congregated,
Did things that got N****S burned in the bible, not the kinda trip that ya'd brag to ya rival,
The S**T so off, felt like ya eatin' from a trough, but us swine thought it fine, to experiment like two times,
Got close to the click, like ya can't even follow, Can't regret what's been done, cuz a N***A likes his fun, like a burger likes the bun, straight true hit and run,
Behind me lies the truth that ya neven even thought, plus this mix tape that ya never even bought,
If the pack only knew what I didin the backroom, filled with more dirt than hoover in a vaccuum, F**K slangin' pot, Biggie Smalls slangs the stuff ta make ya teeth rot, Brooklyn's meth king, Smalls orders ryhmes that ya know are gonna keep hot, speakin' of hot, that's how i liked down in B.K., sellin' white crocodiles, with a secret life style, if ya only knew the nasty juice we spread between my and my M*********G boys,
you wouldn't buy this tape to keep Notorious tight employed,true,
N***A, if ya only knew

-Notorious BIG

for years cats dismissed this as it appears BIG alluding to having an alternative lifestyle or he was writing shock value what's your thoughts ?

im thinking its an urban myth but it makes you go hmmmmmmm
so this verse cannot be heard anywhere (as of yet), but the lyrics are floating around? i take it that is what is going on??

outside of the whole gay thing... i think this verse is great, just from reading it, and imagining biggie rap it. like, for what it's worth, from an artistic standpoint, this is a great verse.

IRISH_CRAIG

Post by IRISH_CRAIG »

<object height="81" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf ... 8"></param> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="81" src="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf ... 2F13348538" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object>

badboy4life

Post by badboy4life »

Biggie - The Advocate Oct. 3, 1995 Article

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

lol craig

thebridgeisover

Holy shit, that Advocate scan is hilarious! Guess in '95, the "Im cool with them unless they tryin' to pick me up..." response was still pretty progressive.

DJMIKENICE

Post by DJMIKENICE »

Hey Craig any chance you have the acapella of that Wickedest freestyle
KING OF DA CRATES

WWW.VENOMRECORDS.COM

CHECK HERE

IRISH_CRAIG

Post by IRISH_CRAIG »

I wish Mike, sorry mate, just the Tape Kingz 12"