Bustdown........."Nasty Bitch"....Southern Classic

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Bustdown........."Nasty Bitch"....Southern Classic

Post by Galvatron78 »

1 Introduction
2 Nasty Bitch
3 Pop That Thang
4 Putcha' Ballys On
5 Just Kick-N-It
6 Trick Daddy
7 Pissin' Razor Blades
8 Was It Worth It
9 Fellas In The Hood
10 Dedication

Bustdown was a rapper out of the Westbank section of New Orleans and was briefly on Luke Skyywalker's record label. Most rap historians know him from his stellar verses on "Pussy Ass kid and Hoe Ass Play" on Luke's solo album when he dropped jewels like

"Keep runnin' your big mouth/ but come to my hood you'll get your asshole ripped out!!"

and mocked the fellow kick-Steppers with lines such as

"You got a flat-top thicker than commodity cheese!"

and

"You made a second movie and it figures....two house Parties for two House Ass Niggas"

His 1 and only album entitiled "Nasty Bitch" is storytelling at it's finest. Every song on there gets play from me. The man can tell a story like a muthafucka. Peep "Pissin' Razor Blades" which deals with the dangers of going raw-diggity and "Trick Daddy" which a lot of these fucking idiot ass ol' I-wanna-make-it-rain-and-pay-for-pussy ass rappers need to listen to and come back to reality. Do not listen to this album if you

- are a bitchass punk

- a metrosexual backpacking overly sensitive Hiphop fan that obsesses over "REAL VINYL!"

- if you think " it ain't trickin if you got it!" is a vaild statement and a legit excuse to fuck off money on a broad.

Bustdown's voice just commanded respect, you could tell by the tone of his voice that he'd slap you for living and then uppercut your bitch for scuffing his Bally's. He just sounded like a pure straight up asshole and his rhymes fall under the "everything youve wanted to say to someone but your were too chickenshit to do so" category. It's like someone got Just-Ice's DNA, Willie D's DNA and Slick Rick's DNA and made a super rapper on some Serpentor shit.
You gotta be cool to listen to Bustdown, you gotta put your got-damn Bally's and your four fingered ring on and sip some cognac and slap pigment out of a bitch if she starts talkin' slick. My Dream Group would have consisted of Bustdown, JT Money, Verb, Clayvoisie, and Balli Boy they could have been the New Posion Clan easily. This album is only discussed amongst the real and i wish dude would have put out moe albums and "Nasty Bitch" is definitely a personal classic to me fuck what anyone else thinks. Me and IDAL have namedropped this album many times but the Philaflava residents were not ready for an album so visceral, so real, so hard nosed that it would make the average Wiz Khalifa fan spring their period early. Either way enjoy the album, get a Heineken, put ya Bally's on and put "Trick Daddy" on repeat the next your lame ass friend starts whining about how he misses his girl.

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

Awesome album. TROY needs more of this.

Galvatron, you ever listen to any of the shit that dropped out of DJ Quik's camp around the same time? JCD & Da Dawg Lb., Sylk Smoov, AMG...pretty similar stuff.

Verge

Re: Bustdown........."Nasty Bitch"....Southern Cla

Post by Verge »

Galvatron78 wrote:He just sounded like a pure straight up asshole and his rhymes fall under the "everything youve wanted to say to someone but your were too chickenshit to do so" category. It's like someone got Just-Ice's DNA, Willie D's DNA and Slick Rick's DNA and made a super rapper on some Serpentor shit.
Well, say no more, that's enough to make me wanna peep this, lol. Thanks Galvy!

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

"Putcha Ballys On" is a serious gem. I'd never heard it before last year, when I was looking for Funky Drummer samples.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

dochiphop

Post by dochiphop »

Nice post Galvatron78. I love this album and that's why I posted it on our blog a while back. It would be proper of you to at least give me and the blog you got it from credit for this if you are gonna straight up jack my link and post it here.

http://www.hqhiphop.net/search/label/Nasty%20Bitch

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

dochiphop wrote:Nice post Galvatron78. I love this album and that's why I posted it on our blog a while back. It would be proper of you to at least give me and the blog you got it from credit for this if you are gonna straight up jack my link and post it here.

http://www.hqhiphop.net/search/label/Nasty%20Bitch
No disrespect, i have it and it was quicker to get a link elsewhere. It wasn't done out of malice so calm the fuck down. I remember getting the link from elsewhere too so go attack them also. But yeah all credits go to you,tone it down though no problem here. Problem solved.

P.S. I really don't think anyone gave a fuck about where i got the link from other than you but yeah I'll definitely give your props. A PM about this subject would have sufficed and probably would have generated a better response.

Everyone give http://www.hqhiphop.net their just due, and recognize that i stole a link. I assure it won't happen again, at least not from that site.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

:cheers:

"Put'cha Bally's On" was pretty much my Mardi Gras anthem.

Bust Down, West Bank Coalition, MC Thick etc. >>>>>>

Thun

Post by Thun »

Who gives a flying fuck where a fucking hyperlink originates?

Mr. J Selectah

Post by Mr. J Selectah »

Man, i used to listen to Mc Thick a whole lot, "Marrero" was my joint, great lyrics...but now you've showed me a even a better display of talent out of new Orleans, i'm amazed over this. Thank you Galvatron78.
"You should let your man speak on your behalf, because when i let my blade slice, you'll just be half!"

moves

Post by moves »

sorry i just posted this in the dirty ass bass thread, as soon as i seem dirty and bass was to be posted i upped it before i even looked down after and seen this, this is def one of my favs always was.!! good shit! haha
i need the audio 2 3rd album

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

blastmaster wrote:West Bank Coalition
Tre-8 died, yo

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

blastmaster wrote:
blastmaster wrote:West Bank Coalition
Tre-8 died, yo
GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!!! You serious?
We're talking about former TRU member ("Ghetto Stories") Tre-8 right?