Weekly Request Thread (10/24/2011)

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Odnet

Weekly Request Thread (10/24/2011)

Post by Odnet »

On and on...

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

...and ya don't quit

Hansoul-Imagination remixes and original

:cheers:

plug4

Post by plug4 »

IKH5150

Post by IKH5150 »

The Will Tell Compilations volumes 3 and 4.

bobbitoboy

Post by bobbitoboy »

Looking for the following

Jizzm - Illasophic Vol. 2 Extended EP

Dept. Of Rec. & Kenneth Masters - Will We Ever Be Famous? EP

drunkmonk36

Post by drunkmonk36 »

step one

Post by step one »

I swear a year or 2 ago I'd check the request threads and at least recognise the shit people wanted. Nowadays its more "WTF is that?!"
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Huldrich Bullsh!t

Post by Huldrich Bullsh!t »

will rip the masterminds tomorrow

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

step one wrote:I swear a year or 2 ago I'd check the request threads and at least recognise the shit people wanted. Nowadays its more "WTF is that?!"
:lol:

Verge

Post by Verge »

Homeliss Derilex ג€“ {HD's -Vs- The SP-1200}

Architek

Post by Architek »

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

EQ - reppin my block

Euphonics - Unknown (Terrible Herbst Mix)
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Zged

Post by Zged »

need
Guru - Looking Through Darkness instrumental

Zged

Post by Zged »

have this already but there is no instrumental version of this track

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

Zged wrote:Have this already but there is no instrumental version of this track.
Weird, mine has it. Here ya go:

Guru - Looking Thru Darkness (Instrumental) [192 CBR]

http://www.multiupload.com/T3PG2V5GVY (freshly upped, still up everywhere)

Zged

Post by Zged »

aww yes...thx bro :cheers:

Huldrich Bullsh!t

Post by Huldrich Bullsh!t »

Huldrich Bullsh!t wrote:
edit : forgot the link

http://www.zshare.net/download/95433964bf355490/
Last edited by Huldrich Bullsh!t on Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster »

Jaz wrote:
step one wrote:I swear a year or 2 ago I'd check the request threads and at least recognise the shit people wanted. Nowadays its more "WTF is that?!"

Some of these requests, confuse me, cool though. I wonder where some of this stuff was being played, for people to have heard it.
Kool Keith: I wore a straw hat with a feather to the last Source Awards. When I got to Madison Square Garden everybody was looking at me. When I got back home I seen everybody and their mother in their video wearing a fuckinג€™ straw hat with a feather in it.

Tim Dog: ג€œWhat Kool Keith gonna wear? Iג€™m gonna do that shit in my video. Iג€™m gonna wear that shit really quick. Whatג€™s Tim Dog gonna wear?ג€

step one

Post by step one »

shadowmaster wrote:
Jaz wrote:

Some of these requests, confuse me, cool though. I wonder where some of this stuff was being played, for people to have heard it.
yeah, there is that aswell. I'm guessing maybe people discover it through discogs or youtube rather than remembering it from when it came out
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Employee
Fast Eddie

Complete Unit LP?

Post by Employee »

Is there a Complete Unit LP?
[mod edit]

Does anyone know?

Can't find anything on Google.

Verge

Post by Verge »

step one wrote:
shadowmaster wrote:
Jaz wrote:

yeah, there is that aswell. I'm guessing maybe people discover it through discogs or youtube rather than remembering it from when it came out
That's true for a lot of people. For me, I remember most shit from college radio and such, from tapes i had and shit. But I do still see stuff on blogs or youtube or on discogs that are either on labels i remember being good or they just catch my interest somehow.

But i don't see anything wrong with it. Sometimes people wanna dig deeper and deeper into what they love hearing, and there is plenty of diggin to do in 80's/90's rap.

Verge

Post by Verge »

Architek wrote:
Verge wrote:Homeliss Derilex ג€“ {HD's -Vs- The SP-1200}
https://rs3l3.rapidshare.com/#!download ... 0813B2|0|0

from
http://www.hqhiphop.net/2010/03/homeles ... -2005.html
Oh shit, thanks. that did NOT show up at all when i tried to google it. Thanks again!

Employee: You can make threads like that anytime. As long as you throw some info in there then maybe it could lead to some discussion or uploads or whatever. I should have just noted that instead of merging. Sorry.

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

Does somebody have the Hardwe're Singles please?

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Hardwe're

THX

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster »

Verge wrote:
step one wrote:
shadowmaster wrote:
Jaz wrote:

That's true for a lot of people. For me, I remember most shit from college radio and such, from tapes i had and shit. But I do still see stuff on blogs or youtube or on discogs that are either on labels i remember being good or they just catch my interest somehow.

But i don't see anything wrong with it. Sometimes people wanna dig deeper and deeper into what they love hearing, and there is plenty of diggin to do in 80's/90's rap.

I also used to, and still do, mainly look for stuff I came across on old radio shows, tapes, videos, etc. But I agree, I'm not knocking anyone for wanting more obscure stuff, I just was surprised over the last few years at some of the stuff that's out there, that I had no idea of it even existing.
Kool Keith: I wore a straw hat with a feather to the last Source Awards. When I got to Madison Square Garden everybody was looking at me. When I got back home I seen everybody and their mother in their video wearing a fuckinג€™ straw hat with a feather in it.

Tim Dog: ג€œWhat Kool Keith gonna wear? Iג€™m gonna do that shit in my video. Iג€™m gonna wear that shit really quick. Whatג€™s Tim Dog gonna wear?ג€

Verge

Post by Verge »

^Yeah man, no doubt. I didn't mean to sound like i know it all, there's still a huge amount of stuff I only found out about on blogs, youtube, and discogs. and there's a whole helluva lot of funny sounding rapper/crew names too, can't make some of this shit up, lol.

nojiveturkey

Post by nojiveturkey »

Anyone still got these joints Kevin shared awhile back in the demos/assorted rarities thread?

Undaground Soulution-In Spring Training EP

Decipher-Simplest Form

TSP-Look What The Wind Blew In
I dig the flaves

Requests
The Funk Farm - Pataphysical
The Funk Farm - The This Time Tape

plug4

Post by plug4 »

Huldrich Bullsh!t wrote:
Huldrich Bullsh!t wrote: