Interested in contributing to The T.R.O.Y. blog?

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Interested in contributing to The T.R.O.Y. blog?

Post by Philaflava »

We're looking for some new writers and we set to restart for the new year.

Please let me know. Thanks.

BrandanEvans

Post by BrandanEvans »

im always available
just holla at me, im always down!
"Rap is something u do, Hip-Hop is something u live"

Verge

Post by Verge »

TROY bloggers: We gotta good TROY Challenge going and could use a push on the blog to get more contestants. Its been a couple of weeks and we only got 4 submissions so far and they're all very well put together and dope.

I figure it's a T.R.O.Y. tradition and right now, with all the recent goings on, we really need to be getting back to this forum's roots.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Brandon let me know what you had in mind. You can hit me on PM or email, whatever is easier.

nythugism

Post by nythugism »

I'd love to try my hand at writing for T.R.O.Y.
The God & God's Son....Image

aREAL

Post by aREAL »

I'd like to contribute and help you guys out in one way or another. But I don't know if my english is good enough and my knowledge is pretty limited. If I'm of any intresst feel free to PM me.

Peace

dochiphop

Post by dochiphop »

I'm not much for writing long pieces but I got tons of music I can share. Just lemme know.....

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

We aren't looking for everyone to produce wordy pieces. Some of our best posts have been compilations we've shared. Just ask Roy Johnson

Verge

Post by Verge »

As long as there's no pressure or quotas, I wouldn't mind getting back on board. Just send me an invite under the blog's user so I can check in with my own blogger or wordpress account. You can always un-invite me if it ever needed to happen.

I'm already helping schenectadyfan getting a lot of his stuff re-upped.
Lemme know yo.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I thought Dirt gave you the login? You know you're more than welcomed to get back on it.

Verge

Post by Verge »

:cheers: I'll ask em for the log in.

Thirteen

Post by Thirteen »

I could add gems to the blog(if that's even legal these days) but I got to get a new audio technica cartridge for my 1200

diggy64

Post by diggy64 »

Thirteen wrote:I could add gems to the blog(if that's even legal these days) but I got to get a new audio technica cartridge for my 1200
You could always upload them here on the forum. VLS drops tend to make there way to the blog eventually anyway. :phila: :cheers:

Versive

Post by Versive »

I'm interested, but I don't really know what specifically I'd write about. If you guys were willing to throw me some assignments I could probably get busy though.

dirt_dog

Post by dirt_dog »

One of the easiest assignments (that nobody really ever does) is just pulling stuff out of the T.R.O.Y. forum. There's an endless wealth of dope material in here.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

the gift that keeps on giving

Verge

Post by Verge »

This isn't only for Versive but for anyone considering joining us.
Here's a few things you can do to contribute:

Its whatever YOU feel fits in the T.R.O.Y. context.

Like they said, you could take stuff from the forum, gather info from posters in certain threads, try to credit sources/posters as much as possible, and/or do further research then give it your own spin. Or just copy and paste stuff from the forum if it's blog ready.

Just always remember to try to credit original sources of info you use and uploaders of music you use whenever possible. Never burn bridges. Though this isn't always possible.

You can also make compilations or mixes. Everybody loves a focused compilation that fits on a cd that has a couple of joints they haven't heard in a while.

NEW MUSIC: I don't believe we have any rules etched in stone, correct me if I'm wrong. I will post new music if it has a sensibility toward the aging TROY reading rap head.

You can take it serious if you want and find your own lane in it, think of your own angle and run with it, have a weekly column basically.

There's many many ways to be a part of the TROY blog, for instance:

You can also help out by fulfilling re-up requests since so much of our older material, especially schenectadyfan's, were on megaupload.

Verge

Post by Verge »

http://www.thetroyblog.com/2012/04/06/b ... #more-8578
Bobby Digital cartoon trailer and more.
This is Versive's first post and a good one, props!

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

i'm interested. who do i gotta PM my previous work / resume?
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Versive

Post by Versive »

Thanks. For those who haven't checked the Wu rarities thread, I'm writing a follow-up to http://www.thetroyblog.com/2012/04/07/b ... -in-video/ and could use some perspective on the initial critical reception Bobby Ditial in Stereo and Digital Bullet received. I can only find a few scattered reviews. Can anyone point me to the Source or XXL reviews from back then or recall off hand what ratings these albums received?

Or if you could just talk about what the general fan response was, that would be helpful. Personally, I didn't even check this album out until years later, so I can't speak on it authoritatively myself.

This is not an integral part of the article (will probably just be a footnote actually), but I'd like to refer to something other than a wack Pitchfork review if I can.

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster »

I remember seeing at least one review for the first Digi lp that was positive, gave it 4 out of 5, but it wasn't the Source and I don't have it anymore. A lot of fans didn't really like it at first, with a WTF reaction.
Kool Keith: I wore a straw hat with a feather to the last Source Awards. When I got to Madison Square Garden everybody was looking at me. When I got back home I seen everybody and their mother in their video wearing a fuckinג€™ straw hat with a feather in it.

Tim Dog: ג€œWhat Kool Keith gonna wear? Iג€™m gonna do that shit in my video. Iג€™m gonna wear that shit really quick. Whatג€™s Tim Dog gonna wear?ג€

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

If I can make time I'll throw together some crazy mixes. Mac Mall, C-BO, shit like that. I think people liked the Compton's Most Wanted mix I threw together. That only took me an hour or so to do. Maybe not even that long. And then I mentioned that I'd like to do an Above The Law mix but I never did it. Fuck. I got so much shit going on with work and the wife and the two kids and the website and my screenwriting stuff, etc. But maybe I'll force myself to sit down. I'd love to help out.
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

fuck yeah