Is Godfather Don cryptic?

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Life Visualiza

Is Godfather Don cryptic?

Post by Life Visualiza »

I've been listening to a lot of his shit lately and I can't seem to find the direct meaning to his lyrics. Maybe being a close associate with Kool Keith rubbed on him, but does this cats lyrics have meaning? Or is it just really cryptic?

Odnet

Post by Odnet »

Have you ever listened to Godfather Don...

ON WEED?

aREAL

Post by aREAL »

hahah!!

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

Clown shoes.

Life Visualiza

Post by Life Visualiza »

Odnet, thanks for the tip!!!

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

legit question, why was this closed?

I'm leaving this open.

Life...yeah man a lot of his lyrics often made sense to me the second and third time round and I would say KK was easily one of his influences when it comes to rhyming.

nojiveturkey

Post by nojiveturkey »

watch out for the killer christian
I dig the flaves

Requests
The Funk Farm - Pataphysical
The Funk Farm - The This Time Tape

Verge

Re: Is Godfather Don cryptic?

Post by Verge »

Life Visualiza wrote:I've been listening to a lot of his shit lately and I can't seem to find the direct meaning to his lyrics. Maybe being a close associate with Kool Keith rubbed on him, but does this cats lyrics have meaning? Or is it just really cryptic?
Post examples that you don't understand or don't think the lyrics have any meaning.

I'll admit that 7 Degrees Of Elevation left me befuddled for quite some time but none of his other songs ever seemed cryptic to me.

From 93 to maybe 97, he was just on some rhyme shit like Kase2 was on the graf shit with vicious futuristic original styles, imo. More about using words nobody else was using and rhyming stuff nobody else was rhyming with a flow and style that nobody else had.

Jaz
Ease Up

Re: Is Godfather Don cryptic?

Post by Jaz »

Verge wrote:
Life Visualiza wrote:I've been listening to a lot of his shit lately and I can't seem to find the direct meaning to his lyrics. Maybe being a close associate with Kool Keith rubbed on him, but does this cats lyrics have meaning? Or is it just really cryptic?
Post examples that you don't understand or don't think the lyrics have any meaning.

I'll admit that 7 Degrees Of Elevation left me befuddled for quite some time but none of his other songs ever seemed cryptic to me.

From 93 to maybe 97, he was just on some rhyme shit like Kase2 was on the graf shit with vicious futuristic original styles, imo. More about using words nobody else was using and rhyming stuff nobody else was rhyming with a flow and style that nobody else had.
I'm just wondering if Life hasn't got Don confused with Scaramanga?