Vinyl Jacket Template? (cover design art skillers thread)

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

thomasv

Vinyl Jacket Template? (cover design art skillers thread)

Post by thomasv »

Yo! I know this is the wrong forum to post this in but does anybody know how to make a cover have that vinyl jacket look? like this grap luva cover for example.. Image

Is there like a photoshop template or something?

Verge

Post by Verge »

pm dirt dog, he's got them cover skills.

EDIT:
I honestly don't know what forum something like this would go anyways so it might as well stay here.
Last edited by Verge on Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

While we're here, can someone make me an identical copy of The Coup's original Party Music album cover? The one where they're blowing up the world trade center. I don't want to spend $300 on it, but I'd love to pretend to own it.
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

kartman

Post by kartman »

For graphic work, including fliers, posters and album arwtork, contact my little brother: www.3rdeyerevolution.com

ZiekeFons

Post by ZiekeFons »

You could use a picture of a black cover with the vinyl marks on there.. and layer it (transparent) with the shit you've made..

Mark 563

Post by Mark 563 »

The worn / ring wear cover pic is a seperate layer, pressumably set to 'multiply' in photoshop or illustrator.

dirt_dog

Post by dirt_dog »

Cleanhobo wrote:While we're here, can someone make me an identical copy of The Coup's original Party Music album cover? The one where they're blowing up the world trade center. I don't want to spend $300 on it, but I'd love to pretend to own it.
Pretty decent quality image here:

http://usefulnoise.files.wordpress.com/ ... pcover.jpg

thomasv

Post by thomasv »

Mark 563 wrote:The worn / ring wear cover pic is a seperate layer, pressumably set to 'multiply' in photoshop or illustrator.
yeah that's what was i was thinking.. i did remember someone posting something similar but i can't track it.. if someone can make one that would be great!

fatboybrandon

Post by fatboybrandon »

For those familiar with Photoshop:

I would scan a dark record cover (preferably black) that has wear or find one online of good image quality, then in Photoshop create a channel copy of the color channel with the most amount of contrast from that image. With the copied channel paint away what you don't need and play with Levels until you've got a nice separation between dark and light monochrome values and have the texture parts separated to white or black. Then create a selection out of that channel's remaining information and drag the texture as a separate layer on top of the final cover image. This technique is part of how I use to make detailed selections of hair wisps and strands from backgrounds so it should work well for imposing record texture from another image. I've been using Photoshop since '98.
Audio: Organized Konfusion Interviewed by DJ Riz & WildMan Steve, 1994 http://bit.ly/stress1994" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

dirt_dog wrote:
Cleanhobo wrote:While we're here, can someone make me an identical copy of The Coup's original Party Music album cover? The one where they're blowing up the world trade center. I don't want to spend $300 on it, but I'd love to pretend to own it.
Pretty decent quality image here:

http://usefulnoise.files.wordpress.com/ ... pcover.jpg

Nice. So now I just need to get the inside liner notes, etc. Anyone know where I can find those? Then I can print it out on some glossy paper, right? Sorry, I've never attempted to duplicate a cd cover before.
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.