The Pharcyde "Phriday Phun Packs"

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

dirt_dog

The Pharcyde "Phriday Phun Packs"

Post by dirt_dog »

Much like Iג€™m a Wu-Tang nut, Iג€™ve also amassed a large collection of Pharcyde material. Iג€™ve been sitting on a folder of music for over 2 years and I canג€™t find a good way to put a comp together. So Iג€™ve finally decided to just drop it weekly in packs of 5 tracks. Everything has to be non-album material, so nothing from the official releases (albums, g-hits or the Sold My Soul compilation). Which leaves soundtracks, various comps, cd singles, vinyls, bootlegs and other random remixes/mashups/etc from the internet. Official, unofficial, solo work, appearances, covers, anything goes. Suggestions are always welcome, pheel phree to leave a comment.

Phriday Phun Pack #1
01 The Pharcyde-Passinג€™ Me By (RootzillaBlend by DJ Rasta Root) (2008)
02 DJ Honda feat. Fat Lip-Interlude (1996)
03 The Pharcyde-The Rubbers Song (1994)
04 Rae & Christian feat. The Pharcyde & Kriminul-Ainג€™t Nothin Like (The Nextmen Remix) (2001)
05 The Pharcyde & Jurassic 5-Hard Times (2003)

http://www.thetroyblog.com/2012/02/24/t ... un-pack-1/

enjoy,
ג€“dirt_dog

thebohdan252

Post by thebohdan252 »

thanks for this

i know you have a huge amount of rare pharcyde shit, all uploads are most appreciated

Jaz
Ease Up

Re: The Pharcyde "Phriday Phun Packs"

Post by Jaz »

dirt_dog wrote:Image

Much like Iג€™m a Wu-Tang nut, Iג€™ve also amassed a large collection of Pharcyde material. Iג€™ve been sitting on a folder of music for over 2 years and I canג€™t find a good way to put a comp together. So Iג€™ve finally decided to just drop it weekly in packs of 5 tracks. Everything has to be non-album material, so nothing from the official releases (albums, g-hits or the Sold My Soul compilation). Which leaves soundtracks, various comps, cd singles, vinyls, bootlegs and other random remixes/mashups/etc from the internet. Official, unofficial, solo work, appearances, covers, anything goes. Suggestions are always welcome, pheel phree to leave a comment.

Phriday Phun Pack #1
04 Rae & Christian feat. The Pharcyde & Kriminul-Ainג€™t Nothin Like (The Nextmen Remix) (2001)

enjoy,
ג€“dirt_dog
:cheers:

DJCommunist

Re: The Pharcyde "Phriday Phun Packs"

Post by DJCommunist »

Jaz wrote:
dirt_dog wrote:Image

Phriday Phun Pack #1

enjoy,
ג€“dirt_dog

tibo

Post by tibo »

cooool.

Thirteen

Post by Thirteen »

yeaaaaaaaaaa! props

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

Nice. Color me excited for this series.
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

dirt_dog

Post by dirt_dog »

Back again for the second installment. This pack has some nice variety and some real gems. AMP is the super group of The Pharcyde and Souls of Mischief, although only super enough to release one 12". I really thought I owned the Booty Brown record but can't seem to find it at home and zero info about it anywhere. The What-A-Remix is from Volume 6 and remixed by Jazzy Jim, though no listed on Discogs yet. Suggestions are always welcome, pheel phree to leave a comment.

Phriday Phun Pack #2
01 The Pharcyde-Funny Style: Part One (1997)
02 Almyghty Myghty Pythons-AMP (2002)
03 The Pharcyde-Passin Me By (WAR!) (1993)
04 Booty Brown-Have You Eva? (2002?)
05 Soulique-Let's Stay Runnin (2007)

http://www.thetroyblog.com/2012/03/02/t ... un-pack-2/

enjoy,
ג€“dirt_dog
Last edited by dirt_dog on Fri May 11, 2012 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RwithTF

Post by RwithTF »

Great shit. After a couple packs, we should definitely get it all together for one super pac(k).

fatboybrandon

Post by fatboybrandon »

Looks good! I could use a guide like this because I kinda lost touch with The Pharcyde both as a group and the albums by each member after LabinCabin.
Audio: Organized Konfusion Interviewed by DJ Riz & WildMan Steve, 1994 http://bit.ly/stress1994" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fortuna

Post by fortuna »

cheers!

I Smell Like Un Kasa

Post by I Smell Like Un Kasa »

tight, hella tight
Prepare yourself now for the six man wedding!

Verge

Post by Verge »

dope, thanks.

dirt_dog

Post by dirt_dog »

Third times a charm? Absolutely. I think this might be my favorite pack so far. One track and one remix from Spaceboy Boogie X, a vinyl only from Fatlip, an incredibly nice remix from King Tech to a track I donג€™t usually enjoy. But the Omer Saar remix takes the prize. Originally posted on the Universal Productions blog (RIP), itג€™s an entire album sampling the sounds of Al Green. A great listen from top to bottom.

Phriday Phun Pack #3
01 The Pharcyde-Technical Difficulties (Electronicus Remix Radio Edit) (1999)
02 Fatlip-Here Comes The Lip (2002)
03 The Pharcyde-She Said (King Tech Remix) (1998)
04 Spaceboy Boogie X feat. The Pharcyde-Donג€™t Be Fooled (2008)
05 The Pharcyde-Passinג€™ Me By (Omer Saar Remix) (2008)

http://www.thetroyblog.com/2012/03/09/t ... un-pack-3/

**blog post also has a Rapidshare link to d/l the Omer Sarr/Al Green album

enjoy,
ג€“dirt_dog

vaporized2

Post by vaporized2 »

wow, thanks for these. :cheers:

claaa7

Post by claaa7 »

dope shit man, many thanks!! one of my favorite non-album cuts by Pharcyde is "Curb Your Nerve" which they released as Almyghty Myghty Pythons with Souls of Mischief. that track just blew us away when it dropped, constant rotation. i wonder how sick that album would've been if it ever happened.
http://www.claaa7.blogspot.com

^ best compilations on the net, daily updates with news, singles, rarities, all True School hip-hop ^

thebohdan252

Post by thebohdan252 »

all 3 comps have been great so far, keep up the good work

dirt_dog

Post by dirt_dog »

Another Phriday, another Pharcyde Phun Pack. More good stuff: a limited vinyl only remix straight from Germany, some sweaty soul music with Tre, a bonus cut from the excellent Stars & Stripes mash-up project, blue marbled Imani vinyl and one more from a weed/hip-hop documentary (not sure if itג€™s live or more of a freestyle). Suggestions are always welcome, pheel phree to leave a comment.

Phriday Phun Pack #4
01 The Pharcyde-Nuttinג€™ Like (Scientist Remix) (2004)
02 Channel Two feat. Slim Kid Tre-One & Only (2006)
03 The Pharcyde + The White Stripes-Bound To Pass Me By (Adrian Champion Remix) (2009)
04 Imani feat. Booty Brown & Spaceboy Boogie X-Ultimate Breakdown Pt. 1 (2002)
05 The Pharcyde-I Smoke (2005)

http://www.thetroyblog.com/2012/03/16/t ... un-pack-4/

vaporized2

Post by vaporized2 »

nice comps,I'm surprised how many of these tracks, I've never heard before. fav track so far is probably the soulique remix of runnin'

dirt_dog

Post by dirt_dog »

vaporized2 wrote:nice comps,I'm surprised how many of these tracks, I've never heard before. fav track so far is probably the soulique remix of runnin'
Glad you're enjoying them. I've got at least another 6 packs planned, maybe more. I'm trying to spread out the material nice and even, just so the last few won't feel like the scraps and leftovers.

I think my favorites so far are the RootzillaBlend and Technical Difficulties. But that Soulique track is so nice.

I've got a .txt document of Pharcyde wants, and I found quite a few items today (instead of working) including a Cut Chemist track with Booty Brown and several other obscure appearances. It was a good day.

dirt_dog

Post by dirt_dog »

Five alive and some more goodness for this Phriday. One from a West Coast comp, some more heat from Germany, a random mid-late 90′s freestyle from HipHopSite (!!!!), another gem for ג€œparty rocking biznisssג€ from SoundCloud and a classic JST*R reggae mashup/remix (thanks to DJ Step One for the vinyl rip that I didnג€™t use). Suggestions are always welcome, pheel phree to leave a comment.

Phriday Phun Pack #5
01 The Pharcyde-Westcyde 242 (1997)
02 Ancient Astronauts feat. The Pharcyde-Classic (2009)
03 The Pharcyde-Baka Boyz Freestyle (199x?)
04 Roy Ayers feat. The Pharcyde-Runninג€™ (Relative Funk Remix) (2011)
05 The Pharcyde-(Still) Passinג€™ Me By (JST*R Remix) (2005)

http://www.thetroyblog.com/2012/03/23/t ... un-pack-5/

vaporized2

Post by vaporized2 »

Nice dirt, on DL... only know that westcyde 242 track off the lawhouse album

dirt_dog

Post by dirt_dog »

And just like that, itג€™s Phriday again. Another excellent reggae mash, a Cut Chemist b-side, an obscure track from Denmark and a very nice, little known,vinyl remix from 1993. The other choice cut on here is ג€œHeart & Soul,ג€ produced by none other than Buckwild. I always knew this was from the Labcabin era, but wasnג€™t aware that it appeared on a couple international versions. I only ever knew of "Emerald Butterfly" and "Just Donג€™t Matter" as the bonus tracks. Mine came from the mysterious (bootleg?) "Forever". Suggestions are always welcome, pheel phree to leave a comment.

Phriday Phun Pack #6
01 Super Cat & The Pharcyde-Girls Town (Heatwave Remix) (2004)
02 Cut Chemist feat. Booty Brown & Ninja-The Audience Is Rural (2006)
03 The Pharcyde-Heart & Soul (1995)
04 Tjes Boogie feat. The Pharcyde-$$$$ (1999)
05 The Pharcyde-Ya Mama (Bakerboys Remix) (1993)

http://www.thetroyblog.com/2012/03/30/t ... un-pack-6/

dirt_dog

Post by dirt_dog »

Will this be the music played during your Easter dinner? Probably not, but itג€™s another great pack of 5 tracks. Two smooth summertime remixes (I also enjoyed Del Gazeeboג€™s J5 remix), another weed smoking track, some great work (and a great album) from a couple of LA producers & DJג€™s and a nice German remix from the ג€œPlain Rapג€ album. Suggestions are always welcome, pheel phree to leave a comment. More Farmer Man!

Phriday Phun Pack #7
01 The Pharcyde-Passinג€™ Me By (Del Gazeebo Remix) (2011)
02 Sublime feat. The Pharcyde-Doinג€™ Time (Marshall Arts Remix) (1996)
03 The Pharcyde-Sticky Green (2002)
04 N.A.S.A. feat. KRS-One, Fatlip & Slim Kid Tre-Hip Hop (2009)
05 The Pharcyde-Frontline (Turntablerocker Treatment) (2000)

http://www.thetroyblog.com/2012/04/06/t ... un-pack-7/

dirt_dog

Post by dirt_dog »

Number 8 is great! First is the real Jay Dee remix of "Runnin" which has never appeared anywhere again due to an issue with the use of a Gap Band sample. Then we got the Pharcyde appearing on some lovely Spainsh (Barcelona!) beats, followed by a real tasty blend from T.R.O.Y./Philaflava superstar, vaporized. He was kind enough to do this exclusively for my Pharcyde series. Next up is a vinyl gem from label mate Buc Whead (side note: I have a Delicious Vinyl sampler that has this listed as Buc-Whead & Fat Lip p/k/a The Horrible Bros., was there supposed to be a whole project from these 2?) and rounding it off is a sweet track produced by Kool DJ E.Q. Suggestions are always welcome, pheel phree to leave a comment.

Phriday Phun Pack #8
01 The Pharcyde-Runnin' (Jay Dee Remix) (1995)
02 Pachecos feat. The Pharcyde-Fresh & Hot (2002)
03 The Pharcyde-4 Better Or 4 Worse (Vaporized's Presto 'So Good' Blend) (2012)
04 Buc Whead feat. Fatlip-Keep It Mackin' (1996)
05 The Pharcyde feat. Schmooche Cat-Manifest (1998)

http://www.thetroyblog.com/2012/04/13/t ... un-pack-8/

chiefbombpro

Post by chiefbombpro »

Philaflava wrote:all these new blog rappers should be tasered on the regular.

vaporized2

Post by vaporized2 »

ah well I have to bump the thread for this week's installment :lol:

never heard that dilla remix of runnin before, it's dope. wonder what the sampling issue was. quite a few artists had already used it , Nas on Life's a Bitch obviously.. Esham and Big Mello also

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

this seems like a good a place as any to dump this, i wasn't sure if it warranted a separate thread or was already reported

The Pharcyde
Bizzarre Ride II The Pharcyde: The Singles Collection

DETAILS
Format: 7" 45
Label: Delicious Vinyl
Release type: RSD Exclusive Release
More Info:
Format: 7x7", double CD box
Deluxe 7 1/2 (w) x 8 (h) x 4 1/2 (d) full color box contains a double CD, seven 7" singles in full color jackets, detailed liner notes with vintage Pharcyde photos, a 120 piece puzzle of the original cover art and a 21" x 28" poster of the cover art. When opened, the package plays an audio recording saying "Oh, Shit!" (the reaction folks have when they open it!)
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

dirt_dog

Post by dirt_dog »

Just a heads up for anyone following the series, the end is near. I had originally intended to for the series to close with the release of the Bizarre Ride II The Pharcyde: The Singles Collection boxset on Record Store Day on April 21, 2012 (tomorrow!). But I started a week late and then there were too many good tracks to choose from, so pack #12 will be the last one.

First up is another brilliant find from DJ Step One, thanks for taking the time to rip an old cassette for me. Followed by a sweet remix from R&B star, Mya, and then a track I had passed over years ago. Itג€™s amazing how dope this track is, flipping an excellent vocal sample from the Buena Vista Social Club. Why didnג€™t I like it 12 years ago? Next is an appearance on some Sweedish hip-hop and finally is the shining star (at least to me) of this entire project.

**more details and a long drawn out story at the blog**

Phriday Phun Pack #9
01 The Pharcyde-Capital Rap Show Freestyle (1993)
02 Mya feat. Fatlip & Tre-Fallen (The Remix Original) (2003)
03 The Pharcyde-Jealousy (2000)
04 Speech Defect feat. The Pharcyde-Happy Hunting (2009)
05 The Pharcyde-Passinג€™ Me By (Lack Of Afro & DJ Andy Smith Remix) (2007)

Suggestions are always welcome, pheel phree to leave a comment.

http://www.thetroyblog.com/2012/04/20/t ... un-pack-9/

CRASH DDZ

Post by CRASH DDZ »

The singles collection looks really cool but I think it's gonna be like 60 bills?! I'll be hitting a few stores that day, I planned on getting it but after seeing it's 2 passing me bye and 2 ya mamma 45s, NO PORK. ETC. I may pass. ( I'll probably buy it anyway cause I'm a sucker.)

Good looks on the packs! Very good selection and it's been fun checking these every week!