Finsta Bundy - Neva Say Never, DJ Primetyme tape from '99

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Verge wrote:
Jaz wrote:
Stieflkater wrote:cool

I want the first Rampage album from 1994 - msged him on FB - no reply yet.
If somebody on here got it - SHARE IT.
:lol: no one has it and he tried to charge ridiculous amounts of money for it.
That was some shady old "involved somehow with a label, probably an intern back in the day" type dude, not Rampage, i don't think.

That shit was something else though, lol. He wanted a certain amount of thousands of dollars for the cassette, which may or may not have been a "master". When he seen nobody was gonna bite then he suggested that a certain number of us all chip in a certain amount of money each and he'll exclusively rip it for us, lol. What a fuckin corporate type prick that guy was.
haha I heard somewhere that it was actually Rampage...but yeah Verge he say, she say and all of that.

Verge

Post by Verge »

^:ohsh: didn't realize that. Could have been, i suppose.

Got the Neva Say Neva tape today. Yeah, it's a dub on a maxell, the clear ones with the red and white lettering.
:owens:
But the cover is not bad, i mean its in color and its thicker than regular paper at least. Or is it, nah, i don't think so now.

bistro

Post by bistro »

Shiiit, I wish I waited

French-Posse

Post by French-Posse »

Verge wrote:^:ohsh: didn't realize that. Could have been, i suppose.

Got the Neva Say Neva tape today. Yeah, it's a dub on a maxell, the clear ones with the red and white lettering.
But the cover is not bad, i mean its in color and its thicker than regular paper at least. Or is it, nah, i don't think so now.
What about the audio quality Verge?

Verge

Post by Verge »

French-Posse wrote:

What about the audio quality Verge?
Haven't checked yet. When I go out to see my brother later I'll listen in the car and compare the sound quality to my Street Poets cassette thats in the deck. :gyeah:

ruraloutfitter

Post by ruraloutfitter »

cassette arrived today for me as well, that was some fast ass shipping. won't be able to listen to it until later tonight though

didn't really expect it to be an 'original,' at least it came with a free Bushwick Radio pen

ruraloutfitter

Post by ruraloutfitter »

i can confirm that although it's recorded onto a generic brand-name tape, the quality is a step up from the Alkuttraz link (which may just be due to a shoddy rip from a throwaway cassette deck.)

the dub definitely came from an original and legit source. i'd say it's definitely worth a purchase. it's not that much $, plus you're supporting these dudes in the process.

as far as the mix goes, by far the best tracks on it are the ones that have already been released on wax. overall the mix is so/so and i would of been mad disappointed if i forked over a bill or 4 for the og.

Debonair_P

Post by Debonair_P »

Ah well, you win some you lose some. $15 isn't too bad for an authentic Maxell tape and Bushwick Radio pen... And at least the sound quality is an improvement on the dubs out there.

soopacee

Post by soopacee »

imma def cop this......the best part, its a fuckin cassette....how old school can ya get?
Just Because Something Is RARE, Doesnt Mean Its Good

French-Posse

Post by French-Posse »

ruraloutfitter wrote:i can confirm that although it's recorded onto a generic brand-name tape, the quality is a step up from the Alkuttraz link (which may just be due to a shoddy rip from a throwaway cassette deck.)

the dub definitely came from an original and legit source. i'd say it's definitely worth a purchase. it's not that much $, plus you're supporting these dudes in the process.

as far as the mix goes, by far the best tracks on it are the ones that have already been released on wax. overall the mix is so/so and i would of been mad disappointed if i forked over a bill or 4 for the og.
Great! i was scared about the sound quality...

Verge

Post by Verge »

soopacee wrote:imma def cop this......the best part, its a fuckin cassette....how old school can ya get?
Yeah, I'd recommend whoever likes Finsta Bundy to cop this mixtape definitely.

Debonair_P

Post by Debonair_P »

I got my dubbed tape and bonus pen! Haven't had a chance to listen yet, I'm just glad it arrived.

damms

Post by damms »

Ho1ogramz wrote:
CrabOne wrote:Why people just want a link for this tape ? Buy it ! It only cost 8.99$ and it's directly from the Finsta Bundy crew.
Are they selling the "originals"?
Ho1y shit!
Hold on let me see if I give a damn: