Lackadaisical

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

vaporized2

Lackadaisical

Post by vaporized2 »

does anyone know anything about the guys behind this release:

http://www.amazon.com/Shameless-Self-Pr ... 418&sr=1-5

I can't find any info at all. it's not listed on discogs except as an mp3 download, but if you search for it in the main site it comes up no results. All I can see is that the'res one live track from 95 ft. Dereliks. the main mc on the other tracks sounds a bit like MC Iz(?) from Dereliks but I don't think it's the same guy.

I can't even tell when the tracks on this are from. they have a 90s sound but also not... this is dope though, quality tunes

Da Me

Post by Da Me »

Damn this is nice
A little like Pharcyde, you got a link? I couldn't justify paying for a digital download right now

Thun

Post by Thun »

Kinda like Common meets the Pharcyde. Pretty dope. I just remember this being touted on underground hip hop forums in the late 90s.

vaporized2

Post by vaporized2 »

Da Me wrote:Damn this is nice
A little like Pharcyde, you got a link? I couldn't justify paying for a digital download right now
I've only downloaded the first track after the intro so far so can't link the whole thing, just a taster

http://www.sendspace.com/file/tn71ju
Thun wrote:Kinda like Common meets the Pharcyde. Pretty dope. I just remember this being touted on underground hip hop forums in the late 90s.
yeah definite 90s vibe but would like some more info...

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Did anyone find a link for this album please?

thebigk

Post by thebigk »

This is upsetting because I swear I used to have this, but can't find it anymore.. can anyone up this?

tibo

Re: Lackadaisical

Post by tibo »

up nobody bought the digital version of that album ?
Originally released in 1995 Shameless Self Promotion was the first (and only) album by the San Jose rap trio Lackadaisical. The group consisted of myself, the artist now known as Traxamillion, and the late great Jesse Jones. These songs are literally the first things we ever recorded in a real recording studio and Im proud to that these tracks still sound dope 17 years later!
There are few information about that album here : lifeafterhiphop

and there is another track on youtube :

vaporized2

Post by vaporized2 »

After Jesse Jones tragic death we re-released this album in digital form with the proceeds going to Jesse’s daughter Iyanah.
I still only have that 1 track, but having read that I would say.. 'do the right thing'..

anyway doesn't amazon encode mp3 files to track sharers now?

thanks for that extra info tho'

Tim Burton

Post by Tim Burton »

That is really good.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

I had their 5 song demo on cassette back in the day but have no clue what happened to it. They were initially gonna get put out by Low Self Discipline records (they put out the first Derelicts album) but i guess it never happened. Haven't heard shit about them since.

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

Blockhead wrote:I had their 5 song demo on cassette back in the day but have no clue what happened to it. They were initially gonna get put out by Low Self Discipline records (they put out the first Derelicts album) but i guess it never happened. Haven't heard shit about them since.
:bork: heads are exploding across the forum.