DSD:KRS-One/Souls of Mischief/Spice 1

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Choose the winner.

'93 'Til Infinity.
42%
187 He Wrote.
15%
Return of the Boom Bap.
42%

Total votes: 78

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

Yeah, the Jive sequel, KRS' and Souls' sophomores two years later. That would be no contest, you're right.

KITFUNK

Post by KITFUNK »

TheBigSleep wrote:Yeah, the Jive sequel, KRS' and Souls' sophomores two years later. That would be no contest, you're right.
:larry: Hint of condescension? :owens:

Please don't make me cry.

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

:naswtf: I was agreeing with you. I'm sayin' if KRS-One is already winnin' this, then his follow up definitely would win against No Man's Land considering that isn't nearly as well regarded as Souls' debut, it's not rocket science.

Plus there were like four other albums that dropped that day, including one that actually would give KRS' self titled a run for its money (compared to No Man's Land at least) so it's a non-issue.

kimani

Post by kimani »

Return of the Boom Bap and '93 'Til are so opposite...being that it's summery right now, I'm choosing Souls of Mischief, and it's probably a better album, but KRS' voice and intangible skillz can sweep any shortcomings under the rug.
"'Fuck this, fuck that' is my motto!"

KITFUNK

Post by KITFUNK »

TheBigSleep wrote::naswtf: I was agreeing with you. I'm sayin' if KRS-One is already winnin' this, then his follow up definitely would win against No Man's Land considering that isn't nearly as well regarded as Souls' debut, it's not rocket science.

Plus there were like four other albums that dropped that day, including one that actually would give KRS' self titled a run for its money (compared to No Man's Land at least) so it's a non-issue.
My bad big homie, confizzled cuz I voted SoM in original poll, so I had em at 1-1 (with the obvious win for Kris with the soph. solo), whereas you had it KRS all up, which isn't something I have a problem with, Boom Bap is my close second. Again, my bad for the vague, thinly veiled hostility, no disrespect meant. You've always answered my questions bout L and I'm sure helped me find some tracks, so no disrespect meant.

However, I am curious as to what album that came out the same day as KRS-One would give it a run for it's money. :omar: Do tell.

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

Retur on the Boom Bap

Thun

Post by Thun »

93 'Til Infinity, despite being wildly overrated, holds up the best of these albums. When it dropped, there really wasn't anything out that sounded like it, it was completely out of left field and damned near strange but you couldn't help but listen.

Spice 1 is complete and utter trash.

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

Thun wrote:Spice 1 is complete and utter trash.
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D5pC13vhLiw?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D5pC13vhLiw?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rNz6qqG56u8?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rNz6qqG56u8?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

>>>>>Any of those interchangable high pitched shlubs. I'm suspicious of rappers with facial piercings, however consistent their album is.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Yawn.