Bustin' Melonz - Watch Ya Seeds Pop Out (1994)

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Bustin' Melonz - Watch Ya Seeds Pop Out (1994)

Post by Philaflava »

Not too familiar but I believe they're from Flatbush. Picked this up for $1.50 today at one of the last FYE stores in Florida. I think Special Ed and Bushwackas are on track 5.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kwfBGFGKGlg?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kwfBGFGKGlg?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwAve-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yBTlAU0LKj0?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yBTlAU0LKj0?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

1. Cross the Border
2. Nightstalkin'
3. Masquerade
4. Unchain My Mind
5. Don't Big Up
6. Tooth 4 a Tooth
7. Walk Away
8. Flippin' off the Tip
9. Under the Influence
10. 1994
11. Hold Ya Melon

http://www.mediafire.com/?j5zywytr5hm

STAM

Post by STAM »

never heard bouthat, thanks-a-lot :phila: :phila: :phila: :phila:

vaporized2

Post by vaporized2 »

good album. flippin Off The Tip is the best track imo, sounds like a hendrix sample but I don't know what of.

there's some pretty weird stuff about 'how to be a melon' on the inlay as well

Debonair_P

Post by Debonair_P »

1994 is the best track on this album IMO - I probably would have preferred the album more if it had less live instrumentation on the production. The vinyl version doesn't have the Special Ed track on it for some reason, I'll have to check that out.

nojiveturkey

Post by nojiveturkey »

love that 1994 joint. iLL flaves.
I dig the flaves

Requests
The Funk Farm - Pataphysical
The Funk Farm - The This Time Tape

aleph

Post by aleph »

vaporized2 wrote:good album. flippin Off The Tip is the best track imo, sounds like a hendrix sample but I don't know what of.
That's "Who Knows?" off Band of Gypsies. Also used by Digital Underground on The Way We Swing

KITFUNK

Post by KITFUNK »

Take a late pass, Gloss. Shit been propped up on bork altars in they Euro- hiff hoff knowledge sanctuaries.

But peace to getting it for that cheap. I got mines on Amazon for a few pennys, brand new, a few years ago.

Which FYE did u go to? Not many left in FL, 'specially S. FL

kimani

Post by kimani »

Haha, this album's great.
"'Fuck this, fuck that' is my motto!"

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

KITFUNK wrote:Take a late pass, Gloss. Shit been propped up on bork altars in they Euro- hiff hoff knowledge sanctuaries.

But peace to getting it for that cheap. I got mines on Amazon for a few pennys, brand new, a few years ago.

Wellington Greens Mall. Better to have a pass than none at all. Looking forward to hearing some real obscure mediocre 90s hip-hop this week when I pop this in the whip.

Huldrich Bullsh!t

Post by Huldrich Bullsh!t »

i think i upped this here a few years ago from my vinyl rip. hold ya melon is track 5 on side a and dont big up isnt on there.
its a nice album of course you wont be blown away but its pretty solid funky beats and the mcs have entertaining flows. would like to hear that CD-only track

KITFUNK

Post by KITFUNK »

Philaflava wrote:
KITFUNK wrote:Take a late pass, Gloss. Shit been propped up on bork altars in they Euro- hiff hoff knowledge sanctuaries.

Wellington Greens Mall. Better to have a pass than none at all. Looking forward to hearing some real obscure mediocre 90s hip-hop this week when I pop this in the whip.
LOL. Fair 'nuff. It is a fun listen tho when u git in that mood.

& Wow that's crazy, I recently passed by WG a while ago while on my way to a funeral.

vaporized2

Post by vaporized2 »

aleph wrote:
vaporized2 wrote:good album. flippin Off The Tip is the best track imo, sounds like a hendrix sample but I don't know what of.
That's "Who Knows?" off Band of Gypsies. Also used by Digital Underground on The Way We Swing
thanks. monster sample

just remembered skits on this album are horrible, and you can't skip them cause they're not seperate to the main tracks