1995-Alphabet Soup-Layin' Low In The Cut LP

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Jaz
Ease Up

1995-Alphabet Soup-Layin' Low In The Cut LP

Post by Jaz »

Code: Select all

http://www.mediafire.com/?c42s63p9cf9e1ro
1. Oppression
2. Take a Ride
3. First Day, Last Night
4. What I Am
5. Meditate
6. For Your Conscious
7. Walkin' Roots
8. Zone
9. Year 2000
10. Streets
11. Music in My Head

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GkY4CwHnKG0?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GkY4CwHnKG0?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/puiNdOXxwzU?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/puiNdOXxwzU?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

kartman

Post by kartman »

that's dope, thanks Jaz!!!!!!!

vaporized2

Post by vaporized2 »

strange album. a lot of extended piano breaks that veer more towards modern jazz than hip hop. bought it about 5 yrs ago and probably listened to it twice, I'll dig it out later

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

First time I'm hearing of this group. Right when I saw the name I thought they were the 'Sunny Day In Harlem' cats, but a quick discogs check put that thought to rest.

Thanks for the thread Jaz will give a listen.

Really weird how some of these groups have the same name though. Alphabet Soup? Like what does that even mean?

Boothe

Post by Boothe »

ChaMerZ wrote:First time I'm hearing of this group. Right when I saw the name I thought they were the 'Sunny Day In Harlem' cats, but a quick discogs check put that thought to rest.

Thanks for the thread Jaz will give a listen.

Really weird how some of these groups have the same name though. Alphabet Soup? Like what does that even mean?
I remember when this dropped, I was like "yes, finally!"

Then I was like "oh wait, this ain't..."

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

All good, it's not essential but it's a nice little album.

Boothe

Post by Boothe »

Jaz wrote:All good, it's not essential but it's a nice little album.
Not dissing, just reminiscing on my reaction to it as a youngin'. I was a big fan of the EP from the Harlem cats.

Thanks for sharing though, I'm a little curious as to what this sounds like, so I'll definitely give it a listen.

Huldrich Bullsh!t

Post by Huldrich Bullsh!t »

can i say my post in your pharcyde thread sparked this.

all good, i have never heard/seen this album didnt even know it existed might give it shot

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Boothe wrote:
Jaz wrote:All good, it's not essential but it's a nice little album.
Not dissing, just reminiscing on my reaction to it as a youngin'. I was a big fan of the EP from the Harlem cats.

Thanks for sharing though, I'm a little curious as to what this sounds like, so I'll definitely give it a listen.
I didn't think you were Boothe...yeah give it a listen :)

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Huldrich Bullsh!t wrote:can i say my post in your pharcyde thread sparked this.

all good, i have never heard/seen this album didnt even know it existed might give it shot
True it made me remember them but last I checked we were all out of medals Wicked22 :lol: :copy: :lol:

ScholarWenis

Post by ScholarWenis »

Thanks Jazzo, I completely forgot about these guys. Listening to their songs again, it occured to me that the main MC has a distinctive vocal (and physical) resemblance to Michael Franti of Spearhead.
No more Sasso. Now everybody call me Ron!

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

ScholarWenis wrote:Thanks Jazzo, I completely forgot about these guys. Listening to their songs again, it occured to me that the main MC has a distinctive vocal (and physical) resemblance to Michael Franti of Spearhead.
:cheers: yeah I can hear that.