INI - "Center Of Attention" FULL ALBUM!!!

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

claaa7

INI - "Center Of Attention" FULL ALBUM!!!

Post by claaa7 »

i just posted this over at The Lost Tapes, but as I realize there's a lot of heads that would kill for this here that would miss it, and that's not Ok with me... a brief summary of my full text on the blog:

* Pete Rock said in an Unkut interview that there has never been a release of the full InI album as it was originally intended to be heard with the interludes, "Keep On" and the proper sequencing, etc.

* We know there's a '96/'97 bootleg probably releassed by Pete or someone close self as the original instrumentals were released separately at the same time by the same white label.

* InI's album was originally not to be called "Center Of Attention", it was "Who's Gonna Rock The Spot". at least that was the working title.

* the version that I posted is a vinyl rip in 160 kbps, which is similiar to, but definitely NOT the same as the abovementioned bootleg. it has a similiar sequencing, but it also has "Props", "Kross Roads" and "Keep On". the only tack not on there from the BBE release is "No More Words".

* it has all four instrumental interludes (does not feature the intro instrumental used on BBE), two Pete Red freestyle skits, two Mekolicious freestyle skits, and the real vocal intro, outro and midtro (with Pete Rock and InI chilling out in the studio, introducing the members and such - i'm sure you've heard them b4).

* the total playing time is about 65 minutes. me and my man ANT who hooked me up with this, suspect that this vinyl rip comes from the real test pressing that was given to the few people working on the album. the guy who Ant got it from, seem to be someone like that, maybe someone who worked on the label.

if you want more info, head over the blog link above, otherwise just enjoy this classic hip-hop album as it should be! no separated songs though, two tracks - Side A, Side B:

Side A:
A1. "Intro"
A2. "The Life I Live" / "Interlude"
A3. "Square One" / "Freestyle Interlude"
A4. "Fakin Jax" / "Interlude"
A5. "Step Up"
A6. "Interlude" / "Kross Roads"
A7. "Vocal Skit"
A8. "Center Of Attention"
A9. "Mind Over Matter" / "Freestyle Interlude"

Side B:
B1. "Freestyle Interlude" / "Grown Man Sport"
B2. "Think Twice"
B3. "To Each His Own" (Ft. The Abstract & Q-Tip)
B4. "Interlude" / "Props"
B5. "Keep On" / "Freestyle Interlude"
B6. "What You Say"
B7. "Vocal Outro"

INI - "WHO'S GONNA ROCK THE SPOT?"

* new link
Last edited by claaa7 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
http://www.claaa7.blogspot.com

^ best compilations on the net, daily updates with news, singles, rarities, all True School hip-hop ^

Legendary

Post by Legendary »

dope

claaa7

Post by claaa7 »

i just realized that "Center Of Attention" is the correct title though, but i believe that "Who's Gonna Rock The Spot?" was the working title for the album for a longer time... the "Fakin' Jax" 12" of course says that the A-side is taken from the forthcoming CD/LP "Center Of Attention".

also it's a misconception this was a 1995 album, it would've been released in 1996.. the Deda 1994 or '95 i think (man i hope we get to hear the full album of that too one day!!)

^ best compilations on the net, daily updates with news, singles, rarities, all True School hip-hop ^

Thirteen

Post by Thirteen »

:ohsh:

informer

Post by informer »

thanks man, i'll check this out

45ReC

Post by 45ReC »

claaa7 wrote:also it's a misconception this was a 1995 album, it would've been released in 1996.. the Deda 1994 or '95 i think (man i hope we get to hear the full album of that too one day!!)
Not bad...the reason some say '95 is because most of the album was recorded between '94 & '95. That whole Mek Pete Red joint was originally the intro to the album. Mekolicious' album is the one that needs to be released.

atlantiswasreal

Post by atlantiswasreal »

few things are wrong with the archive. the folder attributes are set to hidden so unless you have it set to show hidden files/folders, you won't see anything when you extract. also, the crc check fails. can you fix the crc?

claaa7

Post by claaa7 »

damn, i remember it was like that when i downloaded the file too.. and i was wondering what the hell was wrong. the thing is you have to change the folder settings to show hidden files and you'll see them.

but i'll get on it right away, i was in a real hurry finishing this today.

claaa7

Post by claaa7 »

added the new link in the first post, but here it is again:

http://www.mediafire.com/?l5t6qczqu7pjnae

atlantiswasreal

just grabbed the mf link, the crc still fails, though. just realized you didn't rip this. you know the original person that did? if so, can you get him to generate a new sfv?

here's another version of center of attention that was out before the cd reissue from 2002. i believe it's a white label vinyl rip.

http://www.sharebeast.com/7qck8mz08oyv
pw:*df5se1EE*Sdas0/*

claaa7

Post by claaa7 »

but why do you need the svf file at all. i never understood what that was for anyway?? i just open the two separate mp3 files and it works no problem... the thing is that i have changed the year 1995 to 1996 in everything in that folder, including that sfv file, if you change it back, maybe it'll work - trust me, this is worth to hear!!

Large Marvin

Post by Large Marvin »

Holy flap! Thought this would never leak, Thanks Claaa

atlantiswasreal

claaa7 wrote:but why do you need the svf file at all. i never understood what that was for anyway?? i just open the two separate mp3 files and it works no problem... the thing is that i have changed the year 1995 to 1996 in everything in that folder, including that sfv file, if you change it back, maybe it'll work - trust me, this is worth to hear!!
i thought you included the sfv/nfo/m3u files on purpose since i thought you or your friend ripped the files. my apologies. the sfv file is to check for file integrity. there's something wrong with both tracks. over time the tracks might not work, but they could be just fine.

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

claaa7

Post by claaa7 »

ok thanks for the info, at least the music is working and if you think it's a likely possibility that this will stop working, maybe someone can re-record the audio??

the poster originally posted only the songs that were not on the BBE release, but by the time my homie Ant (who helps me out with The Lost Tapes from time to time) found it they were all dead. he managed to track him down and he actually ripped the entire album for him and sent it to him.

the guy who ripped it seems to have worked on the LP in some capacity, and he's definitely from Mt. Vernon and has connections to the group. but i'm pretty sure that Lost Tapes (and now Philaflava forums) is the first place to ever host this album in full. an it is amazing..

it makes you wonder about "No More Words" though. maybe that was supposed to be a B-side for a future single or something like that?? another strange thing is that one of the verses, can't remember if it's Grap's, verse on both "Keep On" and "What You Say" which is extra strange because they are placed next to each other here.

for those of y'all who had the opportunity to listen yet, what did you think of the experience?

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

That Zilla INT was available before - can't remember if the link was down already though or the sfv failed...no hassle

That Zilla dude also just snatched the Pudgee - KONY off and retagged - tuned the volume up a lil

atlantiswasreal

yeah, the sfv shows it's from october from last year. i'm guessing claaa just changed the header or attributes of this which is why it's not passing crc and why it was set to hidden initially.

i've heard the first track somewhere before, can anyone shed some light on where else that beat might be from?i had an old ini rip so maybe that's where i heard it but not certain.

claaa7

Post by claaa7 »

^^ most, if not all of those has been released before as separate tracks. i beleive they started spreading the three vocal interludes (including intro) and instrumentals after the original Mt. Vernon's post on MyIpodWeighsaTon.

what, to my knowledge, never has never been released before is the entire album, allowing us the full front-to-back experience as it was originally meant to be heard. although it's only a 160 kbps rip, i think it really enhances the experience.. i know when i had the separated skits and interludes there was always about 4 seconds of silence before the next song come on.

did y'all also notice how some versions are slightly different from the BBE release?

the thing with that it was hidden i don't know what the hell ant who packed it and sent it to me was with... the Sendspace link was his direct link to me for use on T.L.T., but i forgot that i had a damn hassle wondering why the folder was empty until i managed to sort it out.

Large Marvin

Post by Large Marvin »

I noticed that Grap (or whoever) verse was the same on Keep On and What You Say too, all in all was a dope experience to listen to this in its entirety.

claaa7

Post by claaa7 »

exactly, it's real strange.. still i don't mind it that much, because i love both "Keep On" and the original bootleg didn't have "What You Say" and that's too good to not include... all in all, i think this sequence here is much better and more reasonable than the BBE releases.

i can bet everything i own that "Every Man For Himself" by Deda Baby Pa was not supposed to be in that track sequence order eiher. and i also believe that "Escape From New York" was supposed to be on that... "Markd4Death", not so much.

no comments on "No More Words" yet though? i think "Life I Live" (my favorite InI track of all time) is a much better opener. but the first mentioned is the only song from this album that is not included. why do y'all think that is?? future B-side or CD bonus track?

HeRBaN LyRiX
Location: NoRTH CaCKaLaCK by way of tha O~DouBLe T, CaNaDa baby!!!

Post by HeRBaN LyRiX »

DaMn homie you`re always sharin` the DoPeNeSS! Thanks, it`s very much appreciated!!!

herban-lyrix.blogspot.ca

Jaz
Ease Up

Re: INI - "Center Of Attention" FULL ALBUM!!!

Post by Jaz »

claaa7 wrote:i just posted this over at The Lost Tapes, but as I realize there's a lot of heads that would kill for this here that would miss it, and that's not Ok with me... a brief summary of my full text on the blog:

* Pete Rock said in an Unkut interview that there has never been a release of the full InI album as it was originally intended to be heard with the interludes, "Keep On" and the proper sequencing, etc.

* We know there's a '96/'97 bootleg probably releassed by Pete or someone close self as the original instrumentals were released separately at the same time by the same white label.

* InI's album was originally not to be called "Center Of Attention", it was "Who's Gonna Rock The Spot". at least that was the working title.

* the version that I posted is a vinyl rip in 160 kbps, which is similiar to, but definitely NOT the same as the abovementioned bootleg. it has a similiar sequencing, but it also has "Props", "Kross Roads" and "Keep On". the only tack not on there from the BBE release is "No More Words".

* it has all four instrumental interludes (does not feature the intro instrumental used on BBE), two Pete Red freestyle skits, two Mekolicious freestyle skits, and the real vocal intro, outro and midtro (with Pete Rock and InI chilling out in the studio, introducing the members and such - i'm sure you've heard them b4).

* the total playing time is about 65 minutes. me and my man ANT who hooked me up with this, suspect that this vinyl rip comes from the real test pressing that was given to the few people working on the album. the guy who Ant got it from, seem to be someone like that, maybe someone who worked on the label.

if you want more info, head over the blog link above, otherwise just enjoy this classic hip-hop album as it should be! no separated songs though, two tracks - Side A, Side B:

Side A:
A1. "Intro"
A5. "Step Up"
A7. "Vocal Skit"

Side B:
B2. "Think Twice"
B6. "What You Say"
B7. "Vocal Outro"

* new link
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: does "Keep On' exist in 320?

claaa7

Post by claaa7 »

^ jaz, i don't have it.. it has never been released on CD, but it is available on the bootleg that has the interludes but not "Props" and the vocal skits, etc.. so it's available in full good quality, i never came across that vinyl though, would love to have it.

Andyman187

Post by Andyman187 »

Thanks for the rip Claaa7!

This is the version I have that I picked up in the early 00's that Pete Rock put out on his Soul Brother Records label. Not sure why the price is so damn high for this?

http://www.discogs.com/InI-Center-Of-At ... ase/501902

So your version is the only one that has Keep On track on it while the BBE release has 2 extra tracks Don't You Love It & Microphone Wanderlust?

DJCommunist

Post by DJCommunist »

Thirteen wrote::ohsh:

djfilthyrich

Post by djfilthyrich »

hey claaa7....would you mind posting a link to the track "Keep On"?

claaa7

Post by claaa7 »

Andyman187 wrote:Thanks for the rip Claaa7!

This is the version I have that I picked up in the early 00's that Pete Rock put out on his Soul Brother Records label. Not sure why the price is so damn high for this?

http://www.discogs.com/InI-Center-Of-At ... ase/501902

So your version is the only one that has Keep On track on it while the BBE release has 2 extra tracks Don't You Love It & Microphone Wanderlust?
not exactly, there is a more common bootleg that has many of the interludes as well as "Keep On", but that does not have the songs "Kross Roads", "Mind Over Matter", "Props" or the real intro / midtro / outro. the sequence is also completely different...

you see, "Wanderlust" and "Don't you love it" were just bonus tracks. they are not INI songs, but Rob-O solo tracks from later sessions, check it:

http://www.discogs.com/Rob-O-Wunderlust/release/984640

http://www.discogs.com/Rob-O-Dont-You-L ... se/1127549

i mean tbh, the differences aren't mega huge but i think it's a real treat for Pete Rock and INI heads to finally be able to hear the full album as it was supposed to be heard had it been released in '96.

here is a separate link to "Keep On" for DJ Filthy Rich:

http://www.mediafire.com/?87awst3d6xt59xp

also, here is the full session that they cut down to three parts to make the intro, midtro and outro. i got this from Magnifik on the peterock forums that jaz had if my memory doesn't fail me:

http://www.mediafire.com/?36lbmyswko987rx

sen

Re: INI - "Center Of Attention" FULL ALBUM!!!

Post by sen »

claaa7 wrote:i just posted this over at The Lost Tapes, but as I realize there's a lot of heads that would kill for this here that would miss it, and that's not Ok with me... a brief summary of my full text on the blog:

Side A:
A1. "Intro"
A5. "Step Up"
A7. "Vocal Skit"

Side B:
B2. "Think Twice"
B6. "What You Say"
B7. "Vocal Outro"

* new link
Just listening now and this is ill. Thanks claaa7 for this.

45ReC

Post by 45ReC »

Grap talks at length about the INI album in this audio interview from last year. The true title of the album is "The Life I Live" & he plans to release it in the order it was supposed to be back in '96.

http://bloggerhouse.net/2011/05/07/the- ... ing-links/

fatboybrandon

Post by fatboybrandon »

45ReC wrote:Grap talks at length about the INI album in this audio interview from last year. The true title of the album is "The Life I Live" & he plans to release it in the order it was supposed to be back in '96.

http://bloggerhouse.net/2011/05/07/the- ... ing-links/
I assumed that was the truth already. Either Grap or Pete would ultimately have the final word on how this shelved classic is supposed to sound and be released, though claaa7 has done a nice job in tracking down the heavily bootlegged audio that's been circulating since the mid 90's. I'm listening to both this interview and the comp now, thanks.
Audio: Organized Konfusion Interviewed by DJ Riz & WildMan Steve, 1994 http://bit.ly/stress1994" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;