Southernplayalistic...

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

KITFUNK

Southernplayalistic...

Post by KITFUNK »

Just found out there's an alternate cover. Does anyone have it? I'm wondering how rare it is cuz it just only now came to my attention that there were two covers.

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

Was never aware there were two covers.

Pic?

KITFUNK

Post by KITFUNK »

chiefbombpro

Post by chiefbombpro »

That is just the insert flipped around. Not an alternate cover.
Philaflava wrote:all these new blog rappers should be tasered on the regular.

KITFUNK

Post by KITFUNK »

chiefbombpro wrote:That is just the insert flipped around. Not an alternate cover.
Figured as much, however it came out as a cover. I know, cause I just saw it at a store, still sticker sealed, brand new.

I'm assuming the booklet is the same, with the insert of the known album cover being on the flip of this "alternate" one?

banister kronos

Post by banister kronos »

thatz one of my favourite lp of all times.i'm pretty sure that an alternate cover doesn't exist.

chiefbombpro

Post by chiefbombpro »

If it was at a store like Amoeba's, pretty sure it's used, they seal 'em up after cleaning. The PA sticker is an actual sticker so it's on top of the jewel case itself. I've had 3 copies of this album and never have I seen an alternate cover.
The single for Southernplayalistic... Is similar but, I think it has a red tint instead of the blue.

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

KITFUNK wrote:
chiefbombpro wrote:That is just the insert flipped around. Not an alternate cover.
Figured as much, however it came out as a cover. I know, cause I just saw it at a store, still sticker sealed, brand new.

I'm assuming the booklet is the same, with the insert of the known album cover being on the flip of this "alternate" one?
Probably a factory packaging error. Happened with the Violator comp a few years back too.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

KITFUNK

Post by KITFUNK »

chiefbombpro wrote:If it was at a store like Amoeba's, pretty sure it's used, they seal 'em up after cleaning. The PA sticker is an actual sticker so it's on top of the jewel case itself. I've had 3 copies of this album and never have I seen an alternate cover.
The single for Southernplayalistic... Is similar but, I think it has a red tint instead of the blue.
The store was Best Buy.

The pic was from Discogs, which in the cd tracklist/info section it identifies it as an alternate cover...

However, as battlecat said, it may very well be a packaging error.

chiefbombpro

Post by chiefbombpro »

Most likely. I've had to buy a few copies and all of em had the same cover.

Brokewax

Post by Brokewax »

KITFUNK wrote:
chiefbombpro wrote:If it was at a store like Amoeba's, pretty sure it's used, they seal 'em up after cleaning. The PA sticker is an actual sticker so it's on top of the jewel case itself. I've had 3 copies of this album and never have I seen an alternate cover.
The store was Best Buy.

The pic was from Discogs, which in the cd tracklist/info section it identifies it as an alternate cover...

However, as battlecat said, it may very well be a packaging error.

Yeah, this happens from time to time. I once bought a brand new copy of Wrath of the Math with a reversed cover as well.

cleanprophet

Post by cleanprophet »

It could sometimes be something as simple as the guys at the record store having a look through the inlay and then sealing it back up wrong.

I've worked in a few record stores and have been guilty of the same thing a few times.