Your Top 10 Non-Canonical Albums

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Versive

Re: Your Top 10 Non-Canonical Albums

Post by Versive »

Thun wrote:Versive, for the purpose of the column I'm not going to include albums that have already been endlessly praised here.
Word, I wrote that before reading your last posts, including the one about the column. Still, what I's saying is one man's canon is another obscurity.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Versive wrote:
Thun wrote:Versive, for the purpose of the column I'm not going to include albums that have already been endlessly praised here.
Word, I wrote that before reading your last posts, including the one about the column. Still, what I's saying is one man's canon is another obscurity.
Well technically there's no such thing as "one man's canon" but sure...

Thun

Post by Thun »

SchoolMeOnGodsmack wrote:
I dunno, I'm still waiting for the return of Eric Barrier's column to T.R.O.Y, personally.
I'll shoot out a tweet and see what I can arrange! It'll be worth a case of Bartles and James, I think.

kartman

Post by kartman »

Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
Mission Control presents Prehistoric Sounds feat. Mood
Nine - Cloud 9
Blahzay Blahzay - Blah Blah Blah
PMD - Business Is Business
The Psycho Realm S/T
Street Poets S/T
Mad Skillz - From Where???
House Of Pain - Truth Crushed To Earth Shall Rise Again
Delinquent Habits - Here Come The Horns

Debonair_P

Post by Debonair_P »

kartman wrote:Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
PMD - Business Is Business
Street Poets S/T
Mad Skillz - From Where???
These were all strong contenders for me too.

kartman

Post by kartman »

i got much more albums to add, but Thun asked for 10
some of those would be in any of my top-10 lists, some of them would probably change after a second thought
but yeah ace's 'disposable arts' is one of my favorite rap albums, plus he's my favorite emcee, so i coulnd't leave it out of my list

DredScott

Post by DredScott »

i slept on this thread but i like this theme...

anyway here's my list.

Big L - Lifestylez Ov Da Poor And Dangerous - This one is probably the one that most may say is too well known or renown to be on this list but i often hear cats say that this lp is overrated due to L's death, but i say fuck that. I love this lp when it first dropped and still do to this day. L's wit and the beats make this a staple in my rotation. Shit is underrated IMO.

CRU - Da Dirty 30 - A very nice album that is probably too long and definitely has too many skits, but it still a personal favorite and holds its own especially for the period it came out in. Them getting slick rick on their first single always kinda endeared them to me but the fact that the single was dope as fuck didn't hear either. their lp was dope with some great verses from black rob and some great beats from yogi. Yogi, Chadio and Mighty Ha weren't anything special lyrically but they had good chemistry and nice beats to rap over which keep me coming back to this album.

Questionmark Asylum - Self-Titled (The Album) - Severely underrated album from the D.C. crew. Aside from the classic single "Hey Lookaway", they had something on this lp. They were kinda of Pharcyde ripoff crew but they pulled it off pretty well IMO and had a good body of work to support them being more than that. with numerous dope tracks on their lp, there's no way they could be looked at as hip-hop one hit wonders unless you skipped their album entirely. "Got Dem Joints, "You don't understand, "Curse of the Q", "Baby", "Get Wit You/I'd Rather Be With You" & "Love, Peace & Soul" are all bangers.

Noreaga - N.O.R.E. - Despite General Emanuel not being the dopest mc by any means, he really dropped a great album with this one. I give him all the credit in the world on here cause he was on his own on this lp, by this time him and trag had fallen out already, capone was still in prison and he was trying to capitalize on the hype that the classic "The War Report" lp had gotten and his dope guest spots on the firm, royal flush and big pun's albums. He killed this shit with me, his flow and vocal style moreso than his lyrics were what made this album along with the beats and guests. "I Love My Life" was a heartfelt joint that was dope and wasn't corny despite the concept. "Body In The Trunk" was a dope story/possible diss track to Cormega and/or Tragedy that teamed him up with Nas who had/has beef with both. He gave birth (for better or worse) to the Neptunes with the success of "Super Thug" and brought back the massive posse cut with "Banned From TV". add in the other dope cuts like "The Assignment", "The Change", "N.O.R.E." and "Mathematics" and you got the unlikely yet best album to drop the summer of '98. I still rock this annually to this day. Jose luis gotcha won with this one.

Boogiemonsters - Riders Of The Storm: The Underwater Album - This is an album that definitely struck me when i first heard and has kinda stuck ever since. I remember hearing "The Mark Of The Beast" at my friend's house and that shit was eerie and had me like "who are these cats?" I further investigated and then heard the classic "recognized thresholds..." jawn which i still rock to this day and i knew these cats had something. They had a playful vibe yet were down to get kinda dark like they did on "Old Man Jacob's Well" (this cut is one of the most ominous cuts I've ever heard, the whole vibe gets me kinda uneasy and I like it.) Alotta cats called them preachy but I didn't really see them as such on this lp, although their 2nd lp where they split up and only had i think vex and mondo still in the crew was most def. on some religious ish and was appropriately titled. (even still "The Beginning Of The End" is still my joint with that ill domingo production.)

Trigger The Gambler - Life's A 50/50 Gamble - One of my most sought after albums ever (along with The Testament, which just missed making this list) this lp is one that i was hyped for since "My Crew..." dropped and it lived up to my expectations. Trigger wasn't as dope as his brother, Smoothe, but he had a dope voice and flow and the production on here was top notch. This was the apex of Nexxx Level Click and shoulda helped D.V. and Smoothe get their debut and sophomore albums out but due to it being shelved by the same faggots at Def Jam who would a year later do the same thing to Cormega, it never happened. This shit is overall a great album, the amazing sequel to "Broken Language" is dope as the beat gets sped up a little and becomes more dramatic and features the same ill chemistry that the Smith Bros. had which is/was 2nd only to M.O.P.. "Bust" was a dope take on an old classic for the hook and was my fucking jam when it dropped. That vid had me hype too, old school shit. tracks like "meetcha maker", "nickel plated nine" (this one had an even doper original version that couldn't get cleared) and "make a move" were all raw BK shit we expected from this crew. There were a few missteps but that shit was typical of the era and i can easily overlook. The shelving of this lp really hurt the crew's chance at notoriety. I'm still holding out hope that a CDQ version of this hits the net or that the LP gets put out by Trigger and Smoothe themselves (like they said years ago in an interview with PhilaFlava himself. Where it at, Smoothe?)

Camp Lo - Uptown Saturday Night - This one is the only other one on my list that I debated putting on since it does get much love and is considered a classic by some. I do think that it isn't quite a legendary lp that is placed with other classics tho so I put it on here. Geechi and Sonny definitely put on a verbal display that was a blend of abstract lyricism and blaxploitation themes and phrases. I was feeling these cats since "Coolie High" dropped off the great white hype soundtrack so I was anticipating their album for a minute and i wasn't let down at all. "Luchini" goes without saying, that's a classic but "Black Nostaljack" and "Black Connection" are my joints for life. Great production, great flows and they are smooth as hell and in the pocket. They got unsung cats like Trugoy and Butterfly on here spitting fire (especially the latter, tell me you didn't have a :bow: moment when you first saw the Luchini video and it cut to Swing for a minute at the end. that shit was epic.)

The Beatnuts - Stone Crazy - My 2nd fav. beatnuts album after Street Level or Self-titled depending on what you prefer to call it. This was them without Kool Ass Fash and they more than held their own. They had the production on lock and this is IMO the peak of their ability production-wise. After this lp they weren't nearly as sharp despite having bigger hits later on. "Do You Believe?" and "Off The Books" set it off single wise for the album and let you know that this shit was gonna be raw as fuck. Ju and Les had their trademark humor throughout the album and despite not being the illest mc's by any stretch and not being as good as their lost crew member, they never had me thinking "man, i wish fashion was rocking over these instead", so props for that. I also think the subtle darkness of some of the cuts like "Find That" and "Bless The M.I.C." keep the album from having any monotony. The creative sampling that they use throughout the lp are one of my favorite parts as well. From the skits to the sample on "Off The Books" to dope loop they used on "Thinkin' Bout Cash" (which is possibly my fav. cut on here, screwball and the nuts is a perfect combo.) Great album from beginning to end.

Slum Village - Fantastic Vol. 2 - Production masterpiece period right here. The lyrics were simple as hell and mostly about fucking bitches and shit but i don't have a problem with that at all especially when the beats backing them are so dope. Jay Dee's best overall body of work right here, any newjacks saying Donuts or some obscure beat tape is his best shit doesn't know shit. All his work with tribe, pharcyde, and busta was leading up to this. "Fall In Love, "Players", "Raise It Up", "Hold Tight" are all standouts and display the lushness and grimyness of Jay's beats. Perfect springtime/summertime album there that gets play every year it warms up.

O.C. - Jewelz - Omar was given all the accolades for his debut but I believe that he may have overall exceeded that with his albulm. Sure the first single was a polar opposite of he came out with for Word...Life but it worked even with an r&B hook. Get past that and the rest of the album is O.C. dropping Jewelz and ripping shit with great beats from primo, da beatminerz and his d.i.t.c. crew. "My World" was the epitome of dope, conceited braggadocious shit that few mc's could pull off and make it sound believeable. His flow on here was effortless and his as the newjacks would say nowdays "Swag" was off the charts. He then teamed up with Big L who again stole the show over i believe a Mr. Walt production that was on some shiny suit shit but still banged. Add the greatness of the title track, the slick organized konfusion-featured "War Games" (they shoulda dropped a verse though, just a hook is a tease), "The Chosen One" and it's smoothness with omar's knowledge-dropping and the re-emergence of Freddie Foxxx on M.U.G. over a classic primo beat and this lp IMO becomes overall than his more revered debut. Let it be known that I still think that "Born 2 Live" is O.C.'s best song ever with "Time's Up" being right behind it, but overall album-wise I think i'll take Jewelz over Word...Life most of the time. If you disagree with me, I ain't mad at ya cause I can easily see someone thinking the exact opposite and I respect that.

honorable mentions:
royal flush - ghetto millionaire (this is the one that i was gonna do a full write-up on but ultimately decided to just limit it to ten since i already typed way too much so this is like 11 on my list. Just wanted to say that's how highly i think of this album.)
saukrates - the underground tapes
shyheim - the lost generation
the roots - things fall apart
organized konfusion - the equinox
tha alkaholiks - coast II coast
big punisher - capital punishment
artifacts - between a rock and a hard place
cormega - the testament
money boss players - ghetto chronicles daily
Last edited by DredScott on Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

Can't think of any to contribute that aren't considered "canonical", however I think a lot of posters don't menton The Future is Now enough when discussing the best albums past 2000. I've always viewed this as a widely accepted classic and don't feel that it would fall into the requisites that Thun laid out, but still deserves more recognition.

I would argue against some of the albums being mentioned as classics though. For example...
Thun wrote: Boogiemonsters "Riders Of The Storm"
I consider this a good album, but a bit overhyped at times. People seem to mention this album a great deal in topics such as this thread. I don't think the album flows well front to back and often gets boring. There are obviously some amazing songs (Recognized Thresholds of Negative Stress, Honeydips in Gotham, & Masterpiece Thoughts), but I think calling this album a classic is giving it too much praise.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Debonair_P wrote:Good thread. I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but these are what come to mind:

Chubb Rock - The One
Erick Sermon - Double or Nothing
Al Tariq - God Connections
Double XX Posse - Ruff Rugged & Raw
All City - Metropolis Gold
Capital Tax - The Swoll Package
Cru - Da Dirty 30
Real Live - The Turnaround
Danja Mowf - Word of Mowf
Sadat X - Wild Cowboys
I need to revisit: Double Or Nothing, Ruff Rugged & Raw, and Metropolis Gold.

Albums I think are contenders for the series: The Turnaround, Word Of Mowf, Wild Cowboys, Da Dirty 30.

Albums I'm on the fence about, even though I like them: The One, God Connections

Swoll Package wasn't that great to me. A cool little bargain bin find, but not much more.

gallax

Post by gallax »

Tough! But here goes. Some of these just weren't included as they weren't made in the US, so I'm not sure they qualify. Also, an album like Insomnia doesn't feature just one artist, but Sermon's production on this was so consistent I decided to add it.

1. Binary Star - Masters of the Universe
2. DJ Grazzhoppa - Shady Sirens
3. Real Live - The Turnaround
4. Cypher - 360
5. Shurik'n - Oú je vis
6. The Eric Sermon Compilation Album - Insomnia
7. Onyx - All we got iz us
8. Da Grassroots - Passage through Time
9. Babbletron - Mechanical Royalty
10. Grand Puba - 2000

stevieebola

Post by stevieebola »

Heres my 10 .A few probably mentioned before.

1: Tuff Crew-Back to wreck shop Tuff Crew always sounded like a philly version of ultramag to me
2:Special Ed -Legal
3:Godfather Don -Hazardous
4:3xDope -Original Stylin
5:Cella Dwellas -Realms and reality
6: CMW- Its a compton Thang
7:Lord Finesse-Funky Technician
8:Brand Nubian -In God We Trust
9:Onyx -Shut em down
10:YZ -sons of the father

ANU

Post by ANU »

since those were already chosen :

akinyele - aktapuss
ice-t - og
k-dee - ass gas or cash
willie d - controversy

i'll go with these :

jt money - pimpin on wax
juvenile - solja rags
lil boosie & webbie - ghetto stories
nice & smooth - ain't a damn thing changed
soulja slim - the streets made me
sugar free - street gospel
trick daddy - www.thug.com/thugs are us
the coup - kill my landlord
t-rock - rock solid/4:20
tuff crew - danger zone

vaporized2

Post by vaporized2 »

DredScott wrote:iO.C. - Jewelz - Omar was given all the accolades for his debut but I believe that he may have overall exceeded that with his albulm. Sure the first single was a polar opposite of he came out with for Word...Life but it worked even with an r&B hook. Get past that and the rest of the album is O.C. dropping Jewelz and ripping shit with great beats from primo, da beatminerz and his d.i.t.c. crew. "My World" was the epitome of dope, conceited braggadocious shit that few mc's could pull off and make it sound believeable. His flow on here was effortless and his as the newjacks would say nowdays "Swag" was off the charts. He then teamed up with Big L who again stole the show over i believe a Mr. Walt production that was on some shiny suit shit but still banged. Add the greatness of the title track, the slick organized konfusion-featured "War Games" (they shoulda dropped a verse though, just a hook is a tease), "The Chosen One" and it's smoothness with omar's knowledge-dropping and the re-emergence of Freddie Foxxx on M.U.G. over a classic primo beat and this lp IMO becomes overall than his more revered debut. Let it be known that I still think that "Born 2 Live" is O.C.'s best song ever with "Time's Up" being right behind it, but overall album-wise I think i'll take Jewelz over Word...Life most of the time. If you disagree with me, I ain't mad at ya cause I can easily see someone thinking the exact opposite and I respect that.
nice post, definitely agree with all this. even though at first I woudn't have said Jewelz was non-canonical, but on 2nd thoughts maybe it is?

already did a list but I feel like doing 10 more albums not yet mentioned (I think), all 90s

People Without Shoes - Thought Of An Optimist
Flatlinerz - USA
Enemy Mindz - Every Negative Environment Manipulates Your Mind
Madd Hatta - Serious (possibly the best straight G-Funk album to ever come out the South)
Champ MC - Ghetto Flava
Goats - Tricks Of The Shade
Deda - Original Baby Pa (only dropped in 2003 and even then as a double pack with InI Center Of Attention but still worthy IMO, some of Pete Rock's greatest production)
Jamal - Last Chance, No Breaks
D/Nice - To The Rescue (probably on my own with this one)
Shante - The Bitch Is Back (and this one)

ANU

Post by ANU »

vaporized2 wrote:Deda - Original Baby Pa (only dropped in 2003 and even then as a double pack with InI Center Of Attention but still worthy IMO, some of Pete Rock's greatest production)
center of attention >>>>>> original baby pa

vaporized2

Post by vaporized2 »

ANU wrote:
vaporized2 wrote:Deda - Original Baby Pa (only dropped in 2003 and even then as a double pack with InI Center Of Attention but still worthy IMO, some of Pete Rock's greatest production)
yeah, you may be right... from an emceeing perspective it's almost definitely superior. however something about Center Of Attention says "canonical" to me. Deda not so much.

DredScott

Post by DredScott »

vaporized2 wrote:
ANU wrote:
yeah, you may be right... from an emceeing perspective it's almost definitely superior. however something about Center Of Attention says "canonical" to me. Deda not so much.
yeah InI's lp is definitely way too renown and too dope to be on this list IMO.

deda's on the other hand could go on here i guess strictly for the beats, cause duke is horrible on the mic and other than like 2 cuts on there he puts me to sleep and makes me wish those beats were given to Mekolicious or just released as instros...

Jamal's lp is a good one though, i been bumping that recently. "genetic for terror" and "insane creation" are too fuckin nice.

Thun

Post by Thun »

INI has some of the blandest rapping ever. Deda isn't Rakim but has any member of INI ever penned a line as quotable as "Hungry Hip Hop junkie in the city"?

vaporized2

Post by vaporized2 »

that InI has raps that suit the beats. no mindbending lyrical acrobatics, just some chilled, meditative rhymes that go with the downtempo vibe. lyrically Deda may be more engaging but his flow/voice are mad sloppy and offputting. as DredScott said someone like Meccalicious or even in my opinion Rob O might've done those beats more justice. for some unknown reason I really like Deda's feature on Sadat X - Escape From NY way more than anything on the og baby pa album, somehow he kills that track...

Thun

Post by Thun »

Yeah I guess if you look at vocals as being complementary to music I can't fault INI.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Yeah, the Center Of Attention instrumental LP is a front-to-back masterpiece.

The vocal LP? Not so much.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

Huldrich Bullsh!t

Post by Huldrich Bullsh!t »

Thun: was about to include Public enemy Apocalypse 91 and Boogie Down Production's Edutainment wich both fit your initial post to a T but then I read the corrections to the rules on page 2 or 3

i think you broke your later specified rules by including Digable Planets, FF and maybe KMD, Boogiemonsters was my first thought upon reading the thread title

alot has already been mentioned and i could probably make 1 or 2 top 10s with what's already been said. try to play along with some stuff not mentioned or at least not more than once in this thread

so here's a list in no particular order maybe will be adding more later

the Coup - kill my landlord incredibly funky beats and boots flexes his rhymes with such an incredible dexterity

Poor Righteous Teachers - pure poverty (april till september) or new world order (october till march hehe)

JVC Force doin damage so underrated

BUMS - lyfe n tyme - the production is superb. eastcoast boombap but a notch lighter in regard to the samples used hinting to their Cali residence. both rappers are dope and complement each other perfectly. the spoken word outro is sublime and had me thinking many a times of making a blog post about my top 10 beatles cover versions sampling songs.

Hard Knocks - school of the hard knocks its very much a product of it's time but still fresh to listen to. the rapper is not the best but i think his voice is great and he has a good flow and the beats are got damn funky

Beatnuts - intoxicated demons not sure how its rated and notr sure if its too short for you to consider but it was arguably the beatnuts at their best. its just so much fuin to listen to

Real Live - again a product of it's time with the mafiosi raps, token radio RnB/rap track and all but it works so good as an album imo

Caveman - the whole nine yards...and then some. everything about this album is appealing, the bnw cover art the title,... so i was really curious to hear it after copping it on the flea market. didn't dissapoint and since then i went back to it over and over again. check the Donald Byrd sampling T-shirts and panties although it doesn't represent the album's style because its a little bit smoother.

im not sure if it fits im never sure about where its placed since it has gotten so much critique but i'll add it.
Group Home - livin proof. fuck you it just workls perfectly as an album. theyre no Rakims theyre not even Lench Mob level rappers but the album works as an album. would it have been better with Prodigy and Havoc rapping or with Kool G Rap? maybe but i'll take it for what it is and can still go back to it and enjoy it

for newer stuff, since you said it was ok

Jigmastas - infectuous (lol newer, its been 12 years) 1 Dj/producer 1 MC its not a 100 percent true but in general it was their recipe and worked so well on this album. plays through so nicely. Kriminul is kind of a Guru rip off with his cadence (not insinuating anything can be a complete coincidence) and not the greatest rapper on earth but it just works

More Gravy Please

Post by More Gravy Please »

I'm a bit late on this one with most of the albums that I would have put in my top ten having already been mentioned (esp. KMD - Black Bastards, Pos K, Casual - Fear Itself, Smif N Wessun).

The albums below are off the top of my head so I'm sure I've missed out some gems but I don't have access to my record collection at the moment. Apologies if I've duplicated anything from earlier on in the thread.

1) Hard 2 Obtain - Ism & Blues
(Unlucky for H2O that this came out in the killer year of 94 when everyone was all about Nas, Wu & BIG. I actually think this was one of the best LPs of the year. Impeccable production)

2) Original Flavor - This Is How It Is
(Not sure why this album doesn't get much love... it was certainly more consistent than their follow up and contains the excellent 'When I Make It')

3) ED OG & Da Bulldogs - Roxbury 02119
(Another album unfairly lost in the whirlwind of classic 93-94 releases. Apart from the bullshit R&B tinged 'Try Me', this one is solid from beginning to end)

4) Trends of Culture - Trendz...
(Always felt sorry for these guys that they never really took off. They had quite an original style IMO. 'Let Tha Big Boys Play' & 'Hassle On The Iron Horse' were my favourites)

5) Compton's Most Wanted - Music To Driveby
(One of the most consistent west coast albums of the 90s IMO. Near perfect album for me)

6) Donald D - Notorious
(Best Rhyme Syndicate related album for me. I think there's more of a nostalgia value for me with this one as it was one of the first cassettes I bought)

7) Above The Law - Black Mafia Life
(Very respectable follow up to their classic debut. One or two fillers near the end but otherwise very solid album)

8) Paris - The Devil Made Me Do It
(Title track is one of my favourite singles of all time. Love this album which swings from fierce & brutal to smooth as fuck (see ''Ebony')

9) The Chosen Ones - Enter The Lord
(Production-wise very interesting for it's time (1989). No particular standout track, all pretty solid, and Lord Shafiyq rips it from beginning to end)

10) Boogie Down Productions - Edutainment
(Wasn't sure if this would be allowed as it is BDP, however I find this album to be extremely under rated when people mention Kris/BDPs best work. Perhaps a little controversial but I rate this as the best BDP album)

Main Source - Fuck What You Think probably deserves a mention as well, at least for the production anyway. I find Mikey D quite annoying for some reason...

Thun

Post by Thun »

Ok, so I need links to the following albums, if anyone would be kind of enough to hook me up (nh), do so in this thread so people know what"s already been uploaded.

Mad CJ Mac - True Game
One Gud Cide - Look What the Streets Made
Rodan - Theophany: The Book Of Elevations
Suga Free “Street Gospel”
ED OG & Da Bulldogs - Roxbury 02119
Lighter Shade Of Brown - Brown and Proud
Da Phlayva - Phlayva 4 Dem All
Double XX Posse - Ruff Rugged & Raw
All City - Metropolis Gold
MJG - No More Glory
Crooked Lettaz - Grey Skies (1999)
babbletron - mechanical royalty (2003)
esham - Dead Flowerz
Lake - My Brother's Keeper
tuff crew - danger zone
D-Nice “To The Rescue”
Slick Rick -- The Art of Storytelling
Too Poetic - Droppin' Signal
Bush Babees “Gravity”
The Genius “Words From A Genius”
Abstract Tribe Unique - South Central Thynk Tank
Blak Forest - You Are Now Entering...
Walkin' Large - Riverside Pictures
K-Dee - Ass, Gas Or Cash (1994)
styles of beyond - 2000 fold (1998)
Odd Squad - Fadanuf Fa Erybody
AZ “Pieces Of A Man”
Grand Daddy IU:Smooth assassin
Sadat X - Wild Cowboys
Grand Daddy IU:Smooth assassin
Tragedy 'Saga Of A Hoodlum'
yaggfu front - action packed adventure (1994)
Chino XL - Here To Save You All (1996)
Quasimoto “The Unseen”

kartman

Post by kartman »

i'm pretty sure i can make a WU non-canonical top 10, let me see...
la the darkman - the heist of the century
wu syndicate s/t
gp wu - don't go against the grain
killah priest - heavy mental
gza - beneath the surface
shyheim - the lost generation
killarmy - silent weapons for quiet wars
gravediggaz - the pick, the sickle and the shovel
sunz of man - the last shall be first
inspectah deck - uncontrolled substance

what do you think?

Markshot
O.G. Borky Johnson

Post by Markshot »

Thun,

One Gud Cide link you will find at theTroyBlog.
Glad to see you chose some of my picks..i'll see to upload them later today.

Markshot
O.G. Borky Johnson

Post by Markshot »

double post, mods delete it
Last edited by Markshot on Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Huldrich Bullsh!t

Post by Huldrich Bullsh!t »

other not troy ish:

Funky DL - blackcurent jazz 2

Scienz of Life - coming forth by day

MistaTurk

Post by MistaTurk »

many great albums have been mentioned so far. i would like do add:

muggs presents...the soul assassins chapter 1
frankie cutlass - politics & bullshit
pharoahe monch - internal affairs
handsome boy modelling school - so...how's your girl
king tee - the kingdom come
chill rob g - ride the rhythm
kurupt - tha streetz iz a mutha
the dungeon family - even in the darkness
no i.d. - accept your own & be yourself
it's a cold world betta pack your own heat

vaporized2

Post by vaporized2 »

More Gravy Please wrote:9) The Chosen Ones - Enter The Lord
(Production-wise very interesting for it's time (1989). No particular standout track, all pretty solid, and Lord Shafiyq rips it from beginning to end)
good shout... love the track Robodoc. album sounds like a precursor to Breaking Atoms in some ways, but rarely/never gets mentioned.
Main Source - Fuck What You Think probably deserves a mention as well, at least for the production anyway. I find Mikey D quite annoying for some reason...
Agreed. some awesome beats on there but Mikey D drops a few lyrical clangers

vaporized2

Post by vaporized2 »

Thun wrote:Ok, so I need links to the following albums, if anyone would be kind of enough to hook me up (nh), do so in this thread so people know what"s already been uploaded.

Mad CJ Mac - True Game http://rls-maradona.blogspot.co.uk/2012 ... 0kbps.html
ED OG & Da Bulldogs - Roxbury 02119 http://1994hiphop.blogspot.co.uk/2013/0 ... -1993.html
Da Phlayva - Phlayva 4 Dem All http://e-z320.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/da ... -1993.html
Double XX Posse - Ruff Rugged & Raw http://en-dopetapes.blogspot.co.uk/2011 ... -1995.html (depositfiles link)
All City - Metropolis Gold http://1994hiphop.blogspot.co.uk/2013/0 ... -kbps.html
MJG - No More Glory
babbletron - mechanical royalty (2003)
esham - Dead Flowerz http://losslezz-seeneey.blogspot.co.uk/ ... -flac.html (FLAC)
tuff crew - danger zone http://1994hiphop.blogspot.co.uk/2013/0 ... d-vbr.html
D-Nice “To The Rescue”
Slick Rick -- The Art of Storytelling http://1994hiphop.blogspot.co.uk/2013/0 ... 9-320.html
Too Poetic - Droppin' Signal
Bush Babees “Gravity” http://1994hiphop.blogspot.co.uk/2013/0 ... -kbps.html
The Genius “Words From A Genius” http://undercream-finest.blogspot.co.uk ... -1991.html
Abstract Tribe Unique - South Central Thynk Tank
Blak Forest - You Are Now Entering... http://hiphoplossy.blogspot.co.uk/2012/ ... ering.html
Walkin' Large - Riverside Pictures http://1994hiphop.blogspot.co.uk/2013/0 ... -1995.html
K-Dee - Ass, Gas Or Cash (1994) http://1994hiphop.blogspot.co.uk/2013/0 ... s-for.html
styles of beyond - 2000 fold (1998) http://rls-maradona.blogspot.co.uk/2012 ... -flac.html
Odd Squad - Fadanuf Fa Erybody http://1994hiphop.blogspot.co.uk/2013/0 ... 4-320.html
AZ “Pieces Of A Man” http://invisiblearteries.blogspot.co.uk ... -1998.html
Grand Daddy IU:Smooth assassin http://1994hiphop.blogspot.co.uk/2013/0 ... in-cd.html
Sadat X - Wild Cowboys http://1994hiphop.blogspot.co.uk/2013/0 ... -kbps.html
Tragedy 'Saga Of A Hoodlum' http://1994hiphop.blogspot.co.uk/2013/0 ... ga-of.html
yaggfu front - action packed adventure (1994) http://1994hiphop.blogspot.co.uk/2012/1 ... nture.html
Chino XL - Here To Save You All (1996) http://1994hiphop.blogspot.co.uk/2013/0 ... 6-320.html
Quasimoto “The Unseen”
all those are working. most of them use depositfiles. 2 or 3 use sites I've not heard of (solidfiles?) but they seem legit. the Esham is FLAC only but I can up the mp3 version if you need it

remaining
MJG - No More Glory
D-Nice “To The Rescue”
Quasimoto - The Unseen
I can up the MJG later if no one else does