Showbiz Compilation (1992 - 2011)

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

claaa7

Showbiz Compilation (1992 - 2011)

Post by claaa7 »

hello to all my homies here over @ T.R.O.Y.. i haven't been here for a long time, as i've been so busy with my blog and Life in general but after Reading some threads here it's great to see the excellent, intelligent discussions on hip hop in here that you don't get anywhere else. i wanted to share my latest compilation with my TROY fam, which happens to be a Showbiz compilation, one of the artists that I ALWAYS support (i even picked up the "Mugshot Music" 2xLP for over 30$, but that ones actually a real grower though it got some moments that are not too exciting)... here i have collected many of my favorite Showbiz productions NOT available on any Showbiz, Show & A or DITC release... as usual i tried to put a lot of thought on the sequencing so hope you like it as much as i do!! DITC IN THE HOUSE!!!!

[quote=The Lost Tapes]
Some days, I feel Showbiz is the strongest and most consistent out of the four D.I.T.C. producers, an extremely impressive production outfit. Other days it might be Buckwild or Lord Finesse, though most days Diamond D takes the top spot, but if we're talking strictly consistenty I think Showbiz is the one holding it down.. But what this inability to pick a favorite is a testament to how incredibly tight D.I.T.C. and their unique brand of hip-hop really are. What's maybe most impressive is that since their start no other production team have constantly been so brilliant, and that goes for all four of them. One interesting aspect of this beat quartet is that while they all pack individually distinct styles; no matter who of them was credited for a mid-90s record you would probably instantly recognize the song as being one of the works of D.I.T.C. Interesting trivia in this aspect is the song "Devil's Son" by Big L, which despite being produced by Showbiz has turned up on compilations for Lord Finesse and Buckwild as well. This is because they were all mentioned as producers on the 12" which in fact listed the four producers involved in L's forthcoming solo debut.

Rodney Lemay, or Showbiz as the hip-hop World has come to know him, has during his career functioned as the head honcho for the Diggin' in the Crates collective and their material. Not only was he one of its founding member, and releasing the first DITC posse cut ("Soul Clap)" in 1991, but his productions have mostly been in house - working hard to ensure that the DITC branch Always represents quality. He was the main producer on the '94 DITC fam compilation that went unreleased until 2006, and he acted as both an exec and as the main musical produucer on the collective's Tommy Boy debut ("Worldwide") in 1999. But what most people remember his musical contributions from are from his work as a duo with AG. Between early 1992 and 1998 they released no less than four Classic records ("Soul Clap", "Runaway Slave", "Goodfellas", "Full Scale EP"). He also made several contributions to Lord Finesse's two first albums, AG's solo Projects, Diamond D solo debut, Fat Joe's debut as well as some wonderfully dope outside placements on records by KRS-One, Sadat X, Big Punisher, Buckshot LeFonque, Sadat x to name a few. In other words, after getting his firstt placement in 1989, Show has stayed a prolific producer who rarely lets the quality stray. The following compilation follows Showbiz throughout his musical output over the years, so get ready to blast the volume and get that neck snapping! ENJOY THIS ONE... I KNOW I DO!!!

01. Black Sheep - "Slasph: Intro"
02. Artifacts "The Ultimate" [Showbiz Remix]
03. Milano - "Teleport" (w. B'arbuaryN]
04. Buckshot LeFonque - "Breakfast @ Dennys" [Remix]
05. Attica Blues - "3ree (A Means to Be)" [Remix]
06. D.I.T.C. / Kid Capri / Party Arty - "The Club"
07. Fat Joe / Big Pun / Raekwon / Armageddon - "Fire Water"
08. The Legion / Showbiz & AG - "Who's It On Pt. 1"
09. D.I.T.C. - "We Known For That"
10. Joell Ortiz - "Brooklyn Bullshit"
11. Khaleel - "Rappin' Exercise"
12. Silky Black - "Turn It Up!"
13. Lord Finesse - "Set It Off Troop"
14. Lord Finesse - "Hands in The Air Mouth Shut"
15. Smiley The Ghetto Child - "Bronx Baby"
16. Sadat X - "Daiy 1,2" (Ft. AG)
17. Milano - "Show 'Em" [/quote]

SHOWBIZ - "SHOW US WHAT YOU GOT"!!!
http://www.sendspace.com/file/sw7e4i
http://www.claaa7.blogspot.com

^ best compilations on the net, daily updates with news, singles, rarities, all True School hip-hop ^

night_shade

Re: Showbiz Compilation (1992 - 2011)

Post by night_shade »

Props for this. My favorite Showbiz joint is definitely his Sally remix, that's a beat for the ages.
"...my ex girl's got balls." - Guru

SpecialAFFEX

Post by SpecialAFFEX »

Dope.

Thanks dude.

I was expecting a 'collection' of SHowbiz's work (over 100 tracks +) but this is nice as hell!

8ks

Post by 8ks »

props!

Shiftshock

Post by Shiftshock »

ill mix

Icebox

Post by Icebox »

this beat is soooo great!