Official QUESTION Thread

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

ThaGiantOvHipHop

Re: Official QUESTION Thread

Post by ThaGiantOvHipHop »

Question about Dres The Black Sheep* ‎– Special Edition Limited Vinyl
There's a track called Sugar N Spice. When I found it on youtube and on the download of the vinyl, this is the song I get http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X76OkL-y7g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I also have another version of the song with a sample of Mary J. Blige's I'm Goin' Down Remix mixed in the chorus. Which version is actually on the vinyl?

shadowmaster

Re: Official QUESTION Thread

Post by shadowmaster »

Freezy Pazzy wrote:
Krisch wrote:
STAM wrote:
Krisch wrote:The album featured Kool G Rap who moved to Phoenix where he recorded his "Roots of Evil" album..
That's awesome info man! im never heard that he lived in Phoenix
What's interesting about this is that his feature for Nutmeg was released in '95. That's when, as far as I know, he was still in NY and put out the 4, 5, 6 album.
He was already on the run during the recording of "4, 5, 6". Try to check for some interviews of T-Ray about this, he explained pretty much everything... Had to hide in weird places, G Rap on some paranoïd type shit... It's pretty awesome he could still put out a pretty good album under these circumstances.

There was at least one interview or blog post where T-Ray removed some parts, or withdrew a portion. It was a bit weird that he said so much. Who knows what's completely true, doubt anyone will clear the matter up. Did G Rap ever go on record about his label having to pay Nas for photoshopping him onto the 456 cover?
Kool Keith: I wore a straw hat with a feather to the last Source Awards. When I got to Madison Square Garden everybody was looking at me. When I got back home I seen everybody and their mother in their video wearing a fuckinג€™ straw hat with a feather in it.

Tim Dog: ג€œWhat Kool Keith gonna wear? Iג€™m gonna do that shit in my video. Iג€™m gonna wear that shit really quick. Whatג€™s Tim Dog gonna wear?ג€