how hip-hop are you? (part 4)

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

how hip-hop are you? (part 4)

Post by Philaflava »

http://www.thetroyblog.com/2014/09/12/t ... are-you-4/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

which BEP member are you?

Bigg Boss Luciano

Re: how hip-hop are you? (part 4)

Post by Bigg Boss Luciano »

Your Score: 6 / 10
Your Ranking: Fergie

I'm so Fergalicious :lol:

Failed on questions 1, 4 & 10, made a mistake on question 5 and knew the rest. I put Jay-Z as the correct answer since he debuted on High Potent's H.P. Gets Busy track in '86 but I guess that doesn't count since it's group effort?

Also, props on the question 7! I'm big Young Black Brotha fan :cheers:

Freezy Pazzy

Post by Freezy Pazzy »

Your Score: 8 / 10
Your Ranking: Apl.de.ap

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Was Gets Busy officially released like Hawaiian Sophie?

ripnrun

Post by ripnrun »

2/10... I'mma get my coat..

Kool Max Power

Post by Kool Max Power »

Roc Marci actually appeared first on Let's Make A Toast off of the Easy Mo Bee "Now Or Never" album that came out May 9, 2000. Busta Rhymes "Anarchy" dropped June 20, 2000.

No Sir, he debuted on "The Prophecy" in 1997.

http://www.discogs.com/Kuku-Productions ... se/2190145

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

nobody knows or heard that shit before. that is some after the fact shit where fans try and get every thing an artists does on a mixtape or demo. officially, thru a real release, the first time we heard him was on mo bee's record. same thing goes jay-z in same question.

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

I got 9/10... Will.i.am

The only question I got wrong was the Wu-Tang question. I couldn't remember if it was the 2nd or 3rd track so I guessed the 2nd. Everything else I knew the answer to no problem.

And Jason, how is it you're sayin that the KuKu Productions 12-inch from '97, which is the OFFICIAL debut of Rocky Marciano aka Roc Marciano, isn't a REAL release??? That's pretty ignorant to say. An artists official debut is an artists official debut, period. Same goes with Jay-Z who made his official debut in 1986. C'mon man... smh

It would be different if say in 2012 a limited release record on Chopped Herring or somethin came out with a song by an artist that was earlier then his or her "Official" debut. Know what I'm sayin??? So even though Jay-Z and Roc Marciano came out on indy releases in '86 and '97 respectively, those indy releases have been out there since so you can't just pretend they don't exist just because you and the average Hiphop & Rap fans didn't know about them. Again, c'mon man... smh

It's like when takin these Hiphop & Rap quizzes we gotta dumb ourselves down to align our thinking with the average Hiphop & Rap fan who doesn't know the real shit like Roc Marciano makin his official debut in '97, not 2000. That's kinda wack. *shrugs*

Verge

Post by Verge »

7/10
I got the wu one wrong and the eminem one wrong. Also got the Dela one wrong but i did listen to a good amount of songs off that America Is dying Slowly soundtrack.

http://www.thetroyblog.com/2010/07/28/h ... no-solved/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.thetroyblog.com/2009/09/25/h ... rciano-ep/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fwiw, it was a pretty low key unknown record until a few years ago, but it's been mentioned quite a bit in the last 4 or 5 years, it was even reissued. Roc was one half of the group and he rhymed a lot on there, can't see it not being considered his debut.
No complaints though, these quizzes are enjoyable, good shit.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

ok so you're right but wickeds response is soooooooooo beyond douchey it's unbelievable. he brings out the worst in me. my response to him. i own more records than you, i know more hip-hop than you. die with that on your conscience.

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Philaflava wrote:ok so you're right but wickeds response is soooooooooo beyond douchey it's unbelievable. he brings out the worst in me. my response to him. i own more records than you, i know more hip-hop than you. die with that on your conscience.
Why would you be mad when I'm right? Just because I'm always right? C'mon, Jason. smh

Also, you have more then 30k records??? And you think you know more then me, yet you have made AT LEAST 3
(maybe 4) mistakes on these quizzes? 2 on Part 4 alone. Again... c'mon, Jason. smh

Debonair_P

Post by Debonair_P »

7/10 (but no matter how many you get right, you still lose by being a member of BEP.)

I got 7, 8 and 9 wrong...

Mark 563

Post by Mark 563 »

Debonair_P wrote:but no matter how many you get right, you still lose by being a member of BEP.

Ha ha.

I Smell Like Un Kasa

Post by I Smell Like Un Kasa »

Your Score: 7 / 10
Your Ranking: Apl.de.ap

Damn, I never knew Johnny J passed away, rest in peace.
Prepare yourself now for the six man wedding!

uLtRaMa6nEt1c

Post by uLtRaMa6nEt1c »

Quiz #1 16/20 Phife Dawg
Quiz #1 13/20 GZA
Quiz #1 10/15 Jeru The Damaja
Quiz #1 5/10 Fergie

I'm a straight up east coast knucklehead. I know some west coast and even less south sh*t, lol.
Positive Energy Always Corrects Errors
PSN: ultrama6net1c
YouTube
deviantART

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

uLtRaMa6nEt1c wrote:I'm a straight up east coast knucklehead. I know some west coast and even less south sh*t, lol.
Fuck most of the Rap shit from the South. The only good shit out of the South is the authentic Hiphop shit. *shrugs*

Freezy Pazzy

Post by Freezy Pazzy »

WiCkEd22 wrote:Fuck most of the Rap shit from the South. The only good shit out of the South is the authentic Hiphop shit. *shrugs*
Please somebody, ban this guy.