Whooliganz - Proposed Album (Promo Cassette)

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Andyman187

Whooliganz - Proposed Album (Promo Cassette)

Post by Andyman187 »

Christmas just came early! Hakan Dougpark just dropped The Whooliganz Proposed Album (Promo Cassette) in the "Diggin' In The Tapes" group on Facebook. His boy Jamie from the UK is the original uploader who sent it to Hakan to share so a big thank you to Jamie for sharing this! Enjoy!

Notes:
This is not "Make Way For The W", the unreleased album. It's probably a demo tape intended for internal listening at Tommy Boy. The name "Make Way For The W" was probably taken from the song of the same name, which isn't on this but has surfaced on another demo tape. It is likely that versions of some if not all of these tracks would have been on the final album.

Versions of Time Goes On, Put Your Handz Up, Hit The Deck and Whooliganz were released on singles, the rest of the tracks are unreleased.

Time Goes On is incorrectly listed as "Whooliganz - Original" on the UK Whooliganz 12".
Put your Handz Up is a slightly different mix to the single version (e.g. the horns before the first verse).
Whooliganz is not the same as the single version. It is nearly identical but does not feature B-Real.
A version of T-Rays beat for "Keep On" was used for Wayne Smith - Under Mi Sleng Teng (Soul Assassins Remix).

Source:
This was ripped in 2013 from a cassette that is, most likely, a bootleg of the original demo tape, bought from an ex-Tommy Boy employee. Most likely a bootleg, because the condition of the tape and the inserts were clearly not 20 years old. It was sold as genuine but the same seller has repeatedly listed and sold the same item several times. Early versions did not feaure the unlisted interlude and shout out tracks - the seller probably made copies before noticing these extra tracks.

https://mega.co.nz/#!OoZRgbSb!o8eJ_42ZD ... Jkym2wM6Hc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Echo Leader

Re: Whooliganz - Proposed Album (Promo Cassette)

Post by Echo Leader »

Cool peace of history. Thanks for sharing. :cheers:

Freezy Pazzy

Post by Freezy Pazzy »

Andyman187 wrote:Christmas just came early!
Ahahah that's exactly what I told Hakan when he sent me a message earlier today, telling me he would make this tape rip available to the masses later on. This guy is a blessing for us diggers & music fans, much props to him.

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

THX YO...

blazmasta

Post by blazmasta »

Thank you and God bless you!!!

Fritz

Post by Fritz »

Thanks a lot!

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Big props!

Hush

Post by Hush »

:cheers:

I love "Put Your Handz Up" b/w "Hit the Deck" and I've always wanted to hear more Whooliganz.

HipHopInfinityRIPLOL

Post by HipHopInfinityRIPLOL »

Thanks man. Name sounds familiar. Didn't you write for some online canadian mag?

Andyman187

Post by Andyman187 »

HipHopInfinityRIPLOL wrote:Thanks man. Name sounds familiar. Didn't you write for some online canadian mag?

Nah no magazine just my blog @ http://www.rekordzonwheelz.blogspot.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JankZ

Post by JankZ »

OMG... this is tha Christmas gift right ere, bruv!!! Propazzz

Hush

Post by Hush »

Been listening to this and Mudfoot>>>>>Mad Skillz. No disrespect to Scotty Caan as I've always liked him as an actor.