Blizzard Music

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

stype_ones

Blizzard Music

Post by stype_ones »

There is no album for me personally that reminds me of being outside during a blizzard more than this. Back then there was no internet- I was a teen so I couldn't drink 40's and smoke blunts at home, so after practicing on my turntables for hours, I most certainly had cabin fever. I distinctly remember my Mother asking me why the fuck I was going outside and in retrospect I am not sure how I got away with it. But I remember going to the corner with my boom box blasting this shit and a few kids with the same idea outside. This was the blizzard of 96, a few months after this album dropped.

What are your favorite winter, blizzard type joints?

fatboybrandon

Re: Blizzard Music

Post by fatboybrandon »

It's Winter Warz ©Ghostface out here in NYC and I'm Cold Troopin' It ©Live Squad in this Cold World GZA/Genius.

Pretty much anything Boot Camp Clik or Mobb Deep comes to mind for me as "blizzard type joints", Hell On Earth, Da Shinin remind me of the harshness of NYC during a cold climate.
Audio: Organized Konfusion Interviewed by DJ Riz & WildMan Steve, 1994 http://bit.ly/stress1994" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thablend

Post by thablend »

Duno bout blizzards but winter joints for me i guess those cold rhodes or vibes like roc marciano snow, anticipation by mischief, hell hole by splatterhouse for some reason , theres so many i cant think of right now ill come back on that, dope topic tho

Verge

Post by Verge »

just the mention of that gza album reminds me of winter. Mischief Anticipate, Shinin...Next Shit and Hellucination off Dah Shinin are good calls too. Here's a couple off the top of dome:

Debonair_P

Post by Debonair_P »