West Coast Vibes, Southern Series, East Coast compilations?

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Joneski

West Coast Vibes, Southern Series, East Coast compilations?

Post by Joneski »

I'm looking for the West Coast Vibes compilations that were available on the TROY blog years ago. All the old original posts I can find contain dead Megaupload links. I would also love to have all the rest of those regional compilations, like the Southern Series, East Coast Flavas, Midwest, etc...Anyone got any of this stuff? They're all great compilations and I think they should be made available again.

ChaMerZ

Re: West Coast Vibes, Southern Series, East Coast compilatio

Post by ChaMerZ »

I've got the East Coast Compilations. There's a certain degree of difficulty in terms of me obtaining them right now and putting them up on the web. The Midwest Series I never got to on time. But Southern, West Coast Vibes? Never heard of the two, and I'd be interested in knowing if they are still available.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

pawel

Post by pawel »

I'm interested these compilations too. If anyone upload, especially Southern, Midwest, Boston. I've heard about Baltimore and Washingtone DC comp. New Jersey and Philladelphia. Cheers

schenectadyfan

Post by schenectadyfan »

Hey guys,
I don't really much of the online thing anymore. At this point I've done 140 volumes in the east coast 12 inch series, and a few others with various themes.

Fell out of touch sorta but would be glad to share my compilations again. Not sure where though. Can someone suggest a good upload site where I can share 400+ compilations without worrying that files will be taken down?

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

schenectadyfan wrote:Can someone suggest a good upload site where I can share 400+ compilations without worrying that files will be taken down?
Mediafire has always been a good choice for me. Megadownload is another good one. But file sharing websites usually don't last long. If you do upload to any of those then don't post the links publicly (maybe share through PMs) or else you will get the axe.
schenectadyfan wrote:Hey guys,
I don't really much of the online thing anymore. At this point I've done 140 volumes in the east coast 12 inch series, and a few others with various themes.

Fell out of touch sorta but would be glad to share my compilations again. Not sure where though. Can someone suggest a good upload site where I can share 400+ compilations without worrying that files will be taken down?
Wait, so you are the author of all the compilations? Those were legendary.

Man, I miss the days when TROY used to be poppin :owens: (circa 2011)

There was this series that focused on rap songs with jazz piano samples. I don't know if you were the author or not but it was tight. I got a few of those but definitely not all of them.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Verge

Post by Verge »

^nah, he didn't do those piano sample ones, I think that kids name was J Selectah or similar. It was something like 100 piano samples but it kept going up as he made more. Went pretty high, maybe 50 compilations, maybe 100?

Peace schenectadyfan. I really can't even recommend any filesharers that will be safe without paying anymore.

akeelee

Post by akeelee »

Schenectadyfan,

First of all, thank you for all of your hard work over the years, your comps have been legendary!! I only have the East Coast Rarities one but I'd love to have the rest as I'm sure the rest of the fam would. I did a lil research and it seems like the best options are like so:

http://shared.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - You get 100GB of free storage and it can be shared with anybody without them having to sign up.

http://www.promptfile.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - When you sign up you get 250GB of free storage, no upload/download limits, and it can also be shared with people without them signing up.

With a collection so large, those look like the best options without a whole lot of b.s. The Mega.co.nz might be a good option too but it's way less space

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

akeelee wrote:The Mega.co.nz
Not really a big fan of this one. Never seems to work on my browser.

schenectadyfan

Post by schenectadyfan »

Ok, will check these out. I don't mind sharing these again but it'll take some time. I have a couple jobs, a wife and a mtn bike habit. Will probably get at this on the weekend. There might be a few new compilations for those who have them all. Been busy recently making more, just haven't shared them at all yet.

I figure I can save the east coast 12 inch series (#1-140) after I upload the others. Anyone want me to start with something in particular ?

Baltimore & Washington Dc - 34 volumes
Boston
Mid-Atlantic
Midwest - 21 volumes
New Jersey - 23 volumes
Philadelphia - 29 volumes
Reggae In Hip Hop
West Coast

There are about 415 compilations total so if anyone wants to request something right off the bat feel free.

akeelee

Post by akeelee »

Schenectadyfan,

You're the man! lol. And again all you do is appreciated, thank you. If I could request anything it would be the North & South Carolina Underground jawns. And definitely the New Jersey ones

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

akeelee wrote:Schenectadyfan,

You're the man! lol. And again all you do is appreciated, thank you. If I could request anything it would be the North & South Carolina Underground jawns. And definitely the New Jersey ones
:arrow:

co-sizzle

& to add to what akeelee stated, your interest and willingness to upload for us are definitely appreciated.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

i didn't even know there was a mid-atlantic compilation. i'm just glad that i'm here to DL all these goodies. missing out on them last time was not the wave, man. you have definitely acquired a reputation for yourself on the interwebz.

Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

I'd love the Reggae In Hip Hop set - how many volumes is that? :cheers: