Unkut.com Presents - A Tribute To Pumpkinhead...

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

HeRBaN LyRiX
Location: NoRTH CaCKaLaCK by way of tha O~DouBLe T, CaNaDa baby!!!

Unkut.com Presents - A Tribute To Pumpkinhead...

Post by HeRBaN LyRiX »

"As most of you already know, long-time indy rap champion Pumpkinhead passed away this week at only 39 years old, tragically leaving behind his pregnant wife and two kids. I’m not really qualified to speak on the man’s numerous contributions, but Chaz Kangas has put together a fitting tribute to the man for Complex, while some of his friends shared their fondest memories on Facebook:

DJ Eclipse: Some of us spend countless hours, days, months, years and even decades promoting others more so then we do ourselves. PH was one of those guys. Even though he made a name for himself in the battle scene and even made some records, it was his work here in NYC that I’ll remember even more. An integral part of the 90’s indie movement as well as today’s battle scene and a promoter of authentic acts and events, PH cared about the culture of Hip Hop. For him it was about your skills and how to improve on them. He was one of the ones that helped keep the foundation strong for others to go on and build careers.

Marco Polo: I would not be where I’m at without you taking a chance on some unknown Canadian producer. You believed in my talents before anyone else and I will forever be grateful. A great father and soldier to Hip Hop culture. Thank you for your contributions you will be missed.

Sucio Smash: Not only were you a dope MC and artist you were also a Hip Hop ambassador and activist. You brought some talented MCs by the radio show, cats that honestly the world wouldn’t know about if it wasn’t for you. We also worked on many live shows together. You were a part of some of the most memorable cyphers on Squeeze Radio history… Man I’m really trying to do you justice but I don’t think anything I write can even begin to describe how great of a man you are. Other than your talent I’ll miss your energy the most bro. Every time we saw each other no matter where it was we were bound to crack jokes and have a blast.

For my part, I thought I’d stick to what I know best and select my fourteen favorite PH tracks, reflecting both his solo work and his numerous group affiliations. To donate to Pumpkinhead’s widow and children, go here."

--Robbie from unkut.com

Unkut.com Presents - A Tribute To Pumpkinhead
Label: N/A
Released :2015

1. Do It {Will Tell ft. Pumpkinhead}
2. Con Artists {Brooklyn Academy}
3. Dynamic {Pumpkinhead}
4. Swordfish [Rmx] {Pumpkinhead ft. Roc Marciano}
5. Times Have Changed {Brooklyn Academy}
6. Park Slope {Pumpkinhead}
7. 2nd Ammendment {Pumpkinhead}
8. Stupid People {Pumpkinhead ft. Jean Grae}