Recomend me some 88-93 instrospective hip hop

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Eyedea

Recomend me some 88-93 instrospective hip hop

Post by Eyedea »

Well, like it says in the topic...trying to make some cool compilations with older and posibly less known or underrated joints

shadowmaster

Re: Recomend me some 88-93 instrospective hip hop

Post by shadowmaster »

Intelligent Hoodlum Grand Groove, Grand Groove remix, Masta Ace Take a Look Around intro and Other Side of Town. Non are less known though.
Kool Keith: I wore a straw hat with a feather to the last Source Awards. When I got to Madison Square Garden everybody was looking at me. When I got back home I seen everybody and their mother in their video wearing a fuckinג€™ straw hat with a feather in it.

Tim Dog: ג€œWhat Kool Keith gonna wear? Iג€™m gonna do that shit in my video. Iג€™m gonna wear that shit really quick. Whatג€™s Tim Dog gonna wear?ג€

fatboybrandon

Re: Recomend me some 88-93 instrospective hip hop

Post by fatboybrandon »

Always loved this one, I remember how it stuck with me over the years out of the many demos Stretch and Bob played on KCR. The message in the music is something that resonates with my own thoughts of self too.
Audio: Organized Konfusion Interviewed by DJ Riz & WildMan Steve, 1994 http://bit.ly/stress1994" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;