Black Moon- Behind The Moon Documentary

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

stype_ones

Black Moon- Behind The Moon Documentary

Post by stype_ones »

WiCkEd22

Re: Black Moon- Behind The Moon Documentary

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Wow, good fuckin shit. Gonna watch tonight...

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Nice drop fam!

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

thanks for the link

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

This was a decent watch. Wasn't exactly following them as much during the Total Eclipse period. I thought it would be a bit more comprehensive based on what I heard about it. Still dope nonetheless.

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster »

I posted a request in the videos section about a year ago, for two documentaries which were done in the 90s about Brooklyn, by some of the Shadez of Brooklyn crew. I don't think this is off topic in this thread, but I saw this recently on youtube

:

and this other snipppet:

Question - are these guys reusing the footage from the old docus, and does anyone know where to see the old ones again?

This is what the second link says:

Shade of Brooklyn is a documentary about Bushwick, a section in Brooklyn taking u back to what it was like in the 90's verses how Bushwick is Today.
Brooklyn Native and member of the golden era Under Ground Group "Shadez of Brooklyn" Director Al Tejeda gives you a tour from the past to the future. Showing the transition from a once crime and drug paradise for addicts and survivors to the now Gentrified hipster neighborhood, pushing out the low and even the middle class who cant afford todays cost of living. A story never been told about how Shadez of Brooklyn came together and how the change effected the music and the group. Revisiting some of the youth from the neighborhood who were influenced by Shadez, the music and the streets in Brooklyn.

Interviews with:
Beatminerz
Choclate Ty
Rich Black
Shadez of Brooklyn
Local Residents
Police Sergeants
District Council Member
Real Estate Brokers
Investors
Ex Gang/Drug Dealers
etc. etc.

New Music by:
Shadez of Brooklyn
with Surprise Features!

An Al Tejeda Film
99 Ways/FGM Ent.
Kool Keith: I wore a straw hat with a feather to the last Source Awards. When I got to Madison Square Garden everybody was looking at me. When I got back home I seen everybody and their mother in their video wearing a fuckinג€™ straw hat with a feather in it.

Tim Dog: ג€œWhat Kool Keith gonna wear? Iג€™m gonna do that shit in my video. Iג€™m gonna wear that shit really quick. Whatג€™s Tim Dog gonna wear?ג€

dustyhands

Post by dustyhands »

dope!