The Firm album - How It Should've Been

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

djfilthyrich

Re: The Firm album - How It Should've Been

Post by djfilthyrich »

Stieflkater wrote:Desperados Nas Version

Code: Select all

https://www.sendspace.com/file/yagsn4
Thanks...that's the same bad rip that we currently have for the Nas version of Desperados. I ordered the bootleg 12" to try and improve on the sound quality. I assume it'll arrive in the mail this week, and then I'll upload all of the tracks I collected.

BrandanEvans

Post by BrandanEvans »

i have that Issue of the Vibe Magazine where that Nas album review is in...i think thats not the only time they had album reviews for certain albums that never came out or tracks that nvr made that particular album!!
its crazy what u can uncover wit a team of hip-hop helpers!

@djfilthyrich...cant wait for the final project...im ready bro!!

then we can set our sights on this nas - I Am album or Boot Camp clik album
also i do remember Jay z life & times of s. carter vol. 3 got bootlegged as well and there are 2 versions of that album as well
"Rap is something u do, Hip-Hop is something u live"

cairokid

Post by cairokid »

itzmurda wrote:
Can you link the thread or post up the track list?
Here's the track list....

Disc 1
1. Intro
2. Fetus (Belly Button Window)
3. Poppa Was A Playa
4. Project Windows
5. NY State of Mind II
6. Find Ya Wealth
7. Small World
8. Blaze A 50
9. Daydreamin' Stay Schemin'
10. Wanna Play Rough
11. U Gotta Love It
12. Hardest Thing To Do
13. Favor for a Favor
14. Money Is My Bitch
15. Kissing
16. Drunk By Myself
17. Undying Love

Disc 2
1. Afterlife (Interlude)
2. Amongst Kings
3. Pray
4. The Curse (Snippet)
5. Nas Is Like
6. Sometimes I Wonder
7. I Want to Talk to You
8. Dr. Knockboot
9. You Won't See Me Tonight
10. Big Things
11. Hate Me Now
12. My Own Worst Enemy
13. Life Is What You Make It
14. Ghetto Prisoners
15. We Will Survive
16. The Rise and Fall

Some notes....all of the retail album, including the Intro is part of this. The version of "Fetus" is the original version, not the one from The Lost Tapes. The "Project Windows" version is from Nastradamus. They felt this was the better version. Personally I prefer the "I Am..." leaked version, where the beat is slightly different (piano) and slightly different lyrics I believe. Pray is from the "I Am..." tape. Hate Me Now is the original version with the opera sample, not the album version.

I believe this was the advanced version that leaked:

nas-01-fetus_belly_button_window-apc-traxter.mp3
nas-02-small_world-apc-traxter.MP3
nas-03-money_is_my_bitch-apc-traxter.mp3
nas-04-project_window-apc-traxter.mp3
nas-05-poppa_was_a_player-apc-traxter.MP3
nas-06-dr_knockboots_dos_and_dont-apc-traxter.MP3
nas-07-day_dreamin_stay_schemin-apc-traxter.MP3
nas-08-sometimes_i_wonder-apc-traxter.MP3
nas-09-hardest_thing_to_do_is_stay_alive-apc-traxter.MP3
nas-10-drunk_by_myself-apc-traxter.MP3
nas-11-wanna_play-apc-traxter.MP3
nas-12-blaze_a_50-apc-traxter.MP3
nas-13-we_will_survive-apc-traxter.MP3

BrandanEvans

Post by BrandanEvans »

This is great!
i like the album version better of Project Windows, the leaked version is stripped down plus no Ron isley
u gotta have ron isley on the track!

cairokid

Post by cairokid »

BrandanEvans wrote:i have that Issue of the Vibe Magazine where that Nas album review is in...i think thats not the only time they had album reviews for certain albums that never came out or tracks that nvr made that particular album!!
its crazy what u can uncover wit a team of hip-hop helpers!

@djfilthyrich...cant wait for the final project...im ready bro!!

then we can set our sights on this nas - I Am album or Boot Camp clik album
also i do remember Jay z life & times of s. carter vol. 3 got bootlegged as well and there are 2 versions of that album as well
I remember reading that issue of Vibe in a store and was so excited when I actually saw the review. I had seen news and track listings for the album leading up to it. So to see an actual review gave me hope the album was coming out...then it never did. I'm still wondering if there was an actual pressed copy of the album they reviewed. I would love for someone to track down the reviewer and ask him about the album and how he got it.

Jay's Vol. 3 did get bootlegged. There was a European version that came out before the American version (I think that's how it went). The European version had "Anything" and "Is That Yo Bitch" (the original version of that song) and a middle "Interlude/Hova Song". Those were in place of the Dr. Dre song and one other (I think) I can't recall off the top of my head. I found on Youtube someone had uploaded the whole Europe version, but it has been taken down now. I was just excited to hear a dirty version of "Anything" as I had never heard it that way before haha. I keep wanting to make some sort of "ultimate" version of that album with all of the tracks and maybe 1 or 2 other songs of his that were likely recorded around that time, I just never have yet.

cairokid

Post by cairokid »

BrandanEvans wrote:This is great!
i like the album version better of Project Windows, the leaked version is stripped down plus no Ron isley
u gotta have ron isley on the track!
I believe there are 3 version of "Project Windows" that people refer to. There is the stripped down no Ron Isley version, which I believe is known as "The Game Lives On". It is unfinished and unmastered, in my opinion. I never took/take this version as "real". There's the version which I prefer, which I always reference among the original "I Am..." leaks, that has a slightly different piano/beat and maybe slightly different lyrics on the chorus than the Nastradamus version. Half of the time I can't tell the different between the two, I have to really be listening to tell, that's just me though. I think in the album liner notes, there is something about it being remixed/reproduced/re-recorded/something if I remember.

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

djfilthyrich wrote:
Stieflkater wrote:Desperados Nas Version

Code: Select all

https://www.sendspace.com/file/yagsn4
Thanks man...that's the same rip that we currently have for the Nas version of Desperados. I ordered this track on bootleg vinyl to try and improve on the sound quality (the mp3 rip we have is really thin on the bass). I assume it'll arrive in the mail this week, and then I'll upload all of the tracks I collected.

@ cairokid - thanks for the info....you've piqued my interest. what's the name of the forum that you were on that had the Nas project? If you could post up a link to the thread, that'd be great. Do you remember if the double disc version they put together had a continuous storyline, or was it just a double disc of all the tracks speculated to be on the "I Am' album?
A tracklist would also be great.
cool - that is the best version on the net...hopefully your vinyl rip will be better...

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

I own the european version of Life and Times.

BrandanEvans

Post by BrandanEvans »

@madstadik, u gotta upp that joint brova!!

step one

Post by step one »

madstadik wrote:I own the european version of Life and Times.
Same. Never realised it was different. Always thought Anything was terrible though!
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

itzmurda

Post by itzmurda »

cairokid wrote:
itzmurda wrote:
Can you link the thread or post up the track list?
Here's the track list....

Disc 1
1. Intro
2. Fetus (Belly Button Window)
3. Poppa Was A Playa
4. Project Windows
5. NY State of Mind II
6. Find Ya Wealth
7. Small World
8. Blaze A 50
9. Daydreamin' Stay Schemin'
10. Wanna Play Rough
11. U Gotta Love It
12. Hardest Thing To Do
13. Favor for a Favor
14. Money Is My Bitch
15. Kissing
16. Drunk By Myself
17. Undying Love

Disc 2
1. Afterlife (Interlude)
2. Amongst Kings
3. Pray
4. The Curse (Snippet)
5. Nas Is Like
6. Sometimes I Wonder
7. I Want to Talk to You
8. Dr. Knockboot
9. You Won't See Me Tonight
10. Big Things
11. Hate Me Now
12. My Own Worst Enemy
13. Life Is What You Make It
14. Ghetto Prisoners
15. We Will Survive
16. The Rise and Fall

Some notes....all of the retail album, including the Intro is part of this. The version of "Fetus" is the original version, not the one from The Lost Tapes. The "Project Windows" version is from Nastradamus. They felt this was the better version. Personally I prefer the "I Am..." leaked version, where the beat is slightly different (piano) and slightly different lyrics I believe. Pray is from the "I Am..." tape. Hate Me Now is the original version with the opera sample, not the album version.

I believe this was the advanced version that leaked:

nas-01-fetus_belly_button_window-apc-traxter.mp3
nas-02-small_world-apc-traxter.MP3
nas-03-money_is_my_bitch-apc-traxter.mp3
nas-04-project_window-apc-traxter.mp3
nas-05-poppa_was_a_player-apc-traxter.MP3
nas-06-dr_knockboots_dos_and_dont-apc-traxter.MP3
nas-07-day_dreamin_stay_schemin-apc-traxter.MP3
nas-08-sometimes_i_wonder-apc-traxter.MP3
nas-09-hardest_thing_to_do_is_stay_alive-apc-traxter.MP3
nas-10-drunk_by_myself-apc-traxter.MP3
nas-11-wanna_play-apc-traxter.MP3
nas-12-blaze_a_50-apc-traxter.MP3
nas-13-we_will_survive-apc-traxter.MP3
Yep, that's the 13 track advance that leaked December 98.

What about "Come Get Me" though where he says "I wild on haters on album three." I understand why they left off Nature Shines though.
Last edited by itzmurda on Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

lescratch

Post by lescratch »

Yes! @Cairokid that was the og physical bootleg as well. Project window wasn't the reworked version on here. Same with Fetus.

Here's the UK version of Hov's Vol.3.
http://www57.zippyshare.com/v/7HOxCYTH/file.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lescratch

Post by lescratch »

@cairokid that double album tracklisting looks serious

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

There also was the early bootlegged version of Snoop Dogg's "The Last Meal" with the typo title "The Last Metal" from around that time.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

Would be interesting to know what Nas etc. say about Half-A-Mill's Firm membership. As more and more surfaces it is evident that Nas fucked up big time on the project.

step one

Post by step one »

Stieflkater wrote:Would be interesting to know what Nas etc. say about Half-A-Mill's Firm membership. As more and more surfaces it is evident that Nas fucked up big time on the project.
I think it was more to do with Steve Stoute's influence.

As far as the original I Am goes, I picked up this 4 track bootleg 12" back in '99 (was proper hyped to find it at the time!). Of the 4 songs on there only 'Wanna Play' never came out so can rip that if anyone needs a decent quality version.

https://www.discogs.com/Nas-Unreleased- ... se/1558360" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

itzmurda

Post by itzmurda »

step one wrote:
Stieflkater wrote:Would be interesting to know what Nas etc. say about Half-A-Mill's Firm membership. As more and more surfaces it is evident that Nas fucked up big time on the project.
I think it was more to do with Steve Stoute's influence.

As far as the original I Am goes, I picked up this 4 track bootleg 12" back in '99 (was proper hyped to find it at the time!). Of the 4 songs on there only 'Wanna Play' never came out so can rip that if anyone needs a decent quality version.

https://www.discogs.com/Nas-Unreleased- ... se/1558360" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It was released on Dame Grease's "Live On Lenox Ave." album ( https://www.discogs.com/Dame-Grease-Dam ... ase/354564" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) back in 2000

Here's a 320kbps rip: https://www.sendspace.com/file/ecmzx4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

step one

Post by step one »

Ah, OK. Thanks man.

lescratch

Post by lescratch »

Thanks Step One and ItzMurda!

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

I stand corrected. I have the Japan press of life and times. Same tracklist as the European version

cairokid

Post by cairokid »

lescratch wrote:Yes! @Cairokid that was the og physical bootleg as well. Project window wasn't the reworked version on here. Same with Fetus.

Here's the UK version of Hov's Vol.3.
http://www57.zippyshare.com/v/7HOxCYTH/file.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for uploading that!

BrandanEvans

Post by BrandanEvans »

Why Cormega wasnt on the project? blame steve stoute
it was a crazy situation and long story
but Nas tried and fought for him to b on the album, he really did
but steve stoute didnt allow it....

And Jay Z's Anything was NOT terrible, to me one of his best tracks!
That beat was crazy, loved the video too!

lescratch

Post by lescratch »

@Cairokid I'd like to start with the IAM bootleg but have no clue how to start a new thread in here. Apologies in advance!

I'm still looking for the original 'Fetus (Belly Button Window)', the original 'Project Windows w/Ron Isley' and 'Day Dreaming, Stay Scheming', 'Sometimes I Wonder' and 'Hardest Thing Is To Stay Alive' in 320 Kbps. (pref from cd / vinyl source)

If you or anybody else would like to contribute, super thanks! I'll upload and share the end result in here.

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

Stevie wanted to enslave Mega by letting him sign some bullshit. Mega don't play that...Nas is a slave...ask Cormega for details...I can't remember everything...

step one

Post by step one »

Stieflkater wrote:Stevie wanted to enslave Mega by letting him sign some bullshit. Mega don't play that...Nas is a slave...ask Cormega for details...I can't remember everything...
Right, because yesterday you were saying it was Nas' fault Mega wasn't in the group :fail:

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

HUH? I only said that Nas fucked up big time. And leaving a childhood/ teenage days friend out because a dick suck n/gga said so is a whole nother chapter. Also check the Untitled cover lol...like I said ask Cormega. I don't remember details, but he broke it down on his forum back in the days. Conclusio: Nas didn't have Cormega's back and did what Stevie ordered. All the unreleased and outtake material is better than the actual Firm album too. Artists are always at the lowest level in the chain, unless you hustled from reach the top to still King Of NY like Jigga did. By saying Nas fucking up I meant on all levels. Cormega had the cred, but musically (flow) was the weakest link with Foxy (she didn't write her stuff).

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Well weakest link compared to nas and az isnt an insult. Mega has bars... Not that Nature is wack but i feel like the album cover says it best ...and nature. Listed after foxy smh

BrandanEvans

Post by BrandanEvans »

Nas fought hard to keep Mega in the group, seriously!
Stoute was madd at Cormega for signing a deal wit Def Jam
Cormega got tired of waiting for Stoute to offer him a solo deal that Stoute said he would offer him
Mega got tired of waiting and Def Jam had the deal on the table if he wanted it

Nas wanted him in the group and really tried hard to keep him in the group, but Stoute was angry Mega signed that solo deal wit Def Jam
Mega was not the weakest link, there was no weak link actually at that time...most of yall would say Nature but if u heard his verse on Banned for TV u would say otherwise...

cairokid

Post by cairokid »

lescratch wrote:@Cairokid I'd like to start with the IAM bootleg but have no clue how to start a new thread in here. Apologies in advance!

I'm still looking for the original 'Fetus (Belly Button Window)', the original 'Project Windows w/Ron Isley' and 'Day Dreaming, Stay Scheming', 'Sometimes I Wonder' and 'Hardest Thing Is To Stay Alive' in 320 Kbps. (pref from cd / vinyl source)

If you or anybody else would like to contribute, super thanks! I'll upload and share the end result in here.
These aren't in 320 Kbps, but I think this is the best I have, or could find quickly. I can take a better look through my collection at some point.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/2pdjgv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you want to start a new thread, at the top of the TROY forum page there is a "New Topic" button/icon to the left (next to page 1 of xxx). Click on that and go from there.

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Never said Nate was weak. If anything it was fox